*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

I ordered mine on the 25th of November, today I received a text from the Royal Mail saying that it had arrived in the UK.

Hahaha. You’re not the only one to make that mistake. Luckily for me I’m too curious for my own good and I removed the batteries before ever turning it on. Those little pads on the bottom of the batteries are small and barely noticeable.

Nov 21- Placed Amazon order.
Nov 29- Sofirn claimed the light was shipped. We all know about Sofirns shipping claims by now.
Dec 12- Tracking number goes live showing light has finally, really, shipped.

It hasn’t gotten very far since Dec 12.
Sometimes the tracking stops working when a package leaves China. Not sure if that is a USPS issue, or what, but maybe my light will just show up unexpectedly.

Origin:
2019-12-14 00:29, Shenzhen, delivered to air transport
2019-12-13 13:29, Shenzhen, “Post Shenzhen International Mail Exchange Bureau” has been exported directly sealed
2019-12-13 08:39, Shenzhen, arriving at the Post Shenzhen International Mail Exchange Bureau (via transfer)
2019-12-13 06:27, Dongguan City, leaving the “Dongguan City Mail Processing Center”, the next stop “Post Shenzhen International Mail Exchange Bureau”
2019-12-12 21:21, Dongguan City, arriving at the “Dongguan City Mail Processing Center”
2019-12-12 21:20, Dongguan City, leaving the “Tangxia Four VillageS Business Department”, the next stop “Dongguan City Mail Processing Center”
2019-12-12 19:26, Dongguan City, “Tangxia Four VillageS Business Department” has received, the pitcher: Xiong Shuwu, Tel:

Received my lantern today from my Amazon order placed on 11/21/19. I have yet to see any meaningful tracking movement from my order placed thru the Aliexpress Sofirn store placed during 11.11 sale, which still shows in China sorting.

I’m betting that Sofirn doesn’t control the shipping company and has no idea when, from our perspective, the lights actually “ship”. I’d further wager that when Sofirn puts the mailing label on a shipping bag, puts the light in it, seals it, and puts it out for pickup that they (the software) call that shipped. Again, I doubt that they own or control the shipping company and for Sofirn to send out an e-contact when each individual light actually ships is asking far too much from any manufacturer/seller when they have 3k units to ship. Then a batch of “shipped” lights might wait on someones loading dock for some time before the shipper actually ships them but at that point it’s out of Sofirns hands and they know nothing of it. Unlike USPS I’d further wager that the shipper waits for a load of lights to make the trip worth doing to make it economical. Too, maybe they’re stuck in a container while the ship makes it across the Pacific. So many links in the chain can show a delay.

We’re (in the USA) accustomed to USPS and other shipping companies whose operations are computer controlled and by that means packages can be picked up and shipped economically even if it’s just one item. The computer puts shipments of various items together from diverse sources to make shipping economical. Not even Canada has a system like that and Canadians I ship to marvel at the speed with which items from me get to the border, then they typically tell me, “Now I’m in for a long wait while Canada Postal service gets it to me.” (or whatever it’s called). Too, almost none (is it 0%?) of our mail travels by ground. It all, or mostly, goes by air. UPS and such have ground service and frankly it’s slow with days between being scanned at times, but not weeks.

But my point is that we’re spoiled and expect the world to be like us, but it isn’t.

For what it’s worth, I ordered my LT1 on Nov 26 through Amazon. Tracking info was completely dead until Dec 16th, when USPS started showing that it had processed through Shenzhen Facility on the 13th. From there, I started getting updates every couple of days through USPS until December 23rd when my light was delivered in the Seattle area. Amazon still shows a delivery date of January 3rd - January 30th, even though it’s right next to me at the moment.

On a side note, I’m really enjoying the light. I haven’t “needed” it yet, although I keep hoping for some power outages… The fit and finish are pretty good, with the only issue I see being that one leg of the bale loop is sticking out the side of the lantern just enough that I can catch my finger on it. I just need to get off my butt and go grab my Dremel to grind 1/64th off the end. And, yes, the battery stickers got me for a couple moments, until I remembered reading about someone else having issues with them.

And, I’m eagerly awaiting the accessories kit.

I got my LT1 on the 23rd. I love it!! It’s nicer than I was expecting. Another big thanks to all involved with making this happen!

Mine shipped on 11-29. The last tracking update was 12-17 “package has left the carrier facility”, then it magically showed up on the 23rd. Now if I look at Amazon there is full tracking info, but it was not there in real time.

is there a guide anywhere showing how to join the components to boost output?

My reservation 1596, ordered 11/24 arrived Dec 24. No meaningful tracking info ever shown, even today.

Thank you for your understand and we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check the all the package which ordered on amazon with shipping company within 2 days, to let all you guys receive the lanterns as soon as possible. Most of the package was delayed due to the festival as well as the bad weather. But that should not be the reason. And please don’t worry, we are checking the package with the shipping company one by one. Thanks again.

I just wanted to say “thanks!” to Sofirn since they contacted me via PM and tracked my package for me since Amazon and 17track hadn’t been showing any updates. I didn’t think any shipping issues were their fault, but they went above and beyond in my book for reaching out to me and tracking it from their end. Great job Sofirn! The package is currently on the other side of the country, but at least it made it safely over the ocean. :slight_smile:

Got my second code to order remaining 6 lanterns with batteries and just did so on Amazon. No issues. Lowest remaining res. was 1597 and highest # is 2927.

I received mine for Christmas from my parents. Shipping shows its been in transit for the last few days, I’m exited to receive it here Soon™

Thanks, I quite like it. It’s the Ikea Tärnaby

I just used the LT1 the whole evening in candle mode during our Xmas BBQ. Lit up the whole party tent, everybody loved the nice color and being able to dim stepless.
Forgot about it and next afternoon it was still on at 3.9V. Amazing.

Ordered mine on 11/18 from amazon and the only thing amazon tracking only shows is it shipped on 12/5 and that is it, so i tried the 17TRACK website it shows a lot more info and left Chicago IL today.

I didn’t want to fill this thread with shipping details that won’t matter one iota in a month, but since it seems to be a popular concern…

Nov. 26 Amazon Ordered
Nov. 29 Amazon Shipped
Dec. 4 Amazon Details Shipped
Dec. 5 Amazon Details Received+Left+Arrived carrier facility
Dec. 26 USPS Arrived+Processed Chicago IL
Dec. 30 USPS Estimated Delivery

Yes, Amazon reports 2 different “shipped” dates. Their tracking system is a mere shadow of what it once was, so who knows. I guess you don’t need tracking when you offer 1-day delivery to all those rich folks with Prime :wink: .

So, it was normal for our packages to effectively disappear for 20 days and folks should not be concerned unless they don’t start getting updates after the Holidays :slight_smile: .

As mentioned, it’s worthwhile to check USPS for more details.

Time to finally get those solder blobs on my cells… …been putting it off because my soldering iron is currently in pieces and shoved into a box awaiting reconstruction.

Just received a PM from Sofirn with the code for the rest of my lights and these are #2517 and #2518, so everyone should soon have codes for their remaining lights.

I just received my LT1 :heart_eyes:
Special thanks to DBSAR and all the others involved in this project. Another great BLF product.

Got the code for Amazon via PM from Sofirn on 27th November and received the package today at 27th December. Nice additional Christmas gift.

I ordered it without batteries and now use some fresh GA’s for it. Works well, as expected.

I would pic on other LT1 when the colored options become available.

I got lucky and received both my lanterns before Christmas, so my wife and kids were able to wrap one for me. I ordered one on 11/11 from Aliexpress with batteries and it arrived last Friday, then the GB light from Amazon arrived Monday.
I had concerns about the whole GB process and a fake shipping code on AE, but all’s well that ends well, and I was thrilled to get them before Christmas.
I was also planning to enable additional chips to allow it to get brighter since I can just leave it set lower, but after seeing how bright it is, I’m going to hold off on that until I’ve used them while camping and see if there’s any need.

Last night I finally saw an update to my tracking info, 21 days after the last update. It should be here tomorrow. I can’t wait.