(BLF) Sofirn Q8 V1.5: The XPL HI monster, DIY parts + Extended 8x18650 tubes GB Interest List

The battery holders could be the issue too!

Is there any chance these extension tubes will happen?

I know that this is not the best idea for every scenario, but as long as they are remaking the Q8, they should add the USB charger, it might be usefull as emergency charger for 4 18650s (it could work overnight), for 8 18650s it might not be very practical, but its still something I would love to have on the board. Plus a SS end cap.

Here here.

I would really love for tubes to be sold.

They are made.

Even a short run would be very nice.

I would love to get an extension tube and the appropriate battery holders for my LT1

Like, this could have so much potential, universal swappable tube for 8x18650 (at that weight it might be best idea to have stainless steel cap as standard). It could work for lantern as well. And if they decided to remake the Q8 “head” they could add usb charger on driver, anduril, etc while makeing it still possible to swap leds. It could reach roughly around 15k lumen with correct leds!

I understand better now after watching the video. Please add me to the interest list for one extension tube and one cell holder, thanks!

Guess no on is monitoring this thread anymore, as I don’t see my name in the OP. Or perhaps just the OP doesn’t get updated. Doesn’t seem like the project is going anywhere anyway. :frowning:

Posted one was last edited in Feb.

Yep. Sofirn hasn’t given me any update at all.

Sorry SBSlider.

good point, someone else expressed interest as “recently” as July and is not on there either.

I just found out about this and would love to get one!

The group buy is long past. It is available on Amazon from Sofirn. Probably also on aliexpress and maybe ebay. Do a search.

Sorry for not making clear what I’m interested in, I already have the BLF Q8 and I’m interested in getting the extendable battery tubes if and when it becomes available.

Hopefully it will soon, it will make the Q8 an even better light for my purpose.

Sofirn said that they are going to do it, but there is no time frame, because every new project has higher priority. I think (and this is purely my opinion) that they will not do it. They would have to redesign a lot of things, add usb charger (if only to keep up with competition) change the driver and the only thing they would keep in the end would be reflector and outer shape. They might as well design new light, which I think is something they will likely do. They made a successor to Q8, the sp36 which is much uglier light, but it has its practical use. I would love to jave that 8 battery long tube, but I would also like to have the light head with USB charging and widrr choice of leds.

I would love to get the extension tube but I guess there are other things that need to be taken care of before this happens.

Also, I believe from what was said, they weren't 100% confident in the compatibility - they noticed differences between the BLF Q8 and Sofirn Q8, which means if they had to make separate sets, it gets complicated. It may be worse if changes in threading was made batch to batch, but not sure. Not sure if any conclusions were reached on this.

Well fingers crossed that they will find a good way to get this done. If they end up upgrading the Q8 with USB charging I will definitely get one. :slight_smile:

You know what guys?

Know that the BLF LT1 and Sofirn Q8 are both on the market, I’m restarting this group buy in full throttle.

I want this project to become a reality! Both for us BLF members, and for Sofirn of course.