BLF Ti: Update the switch

I guess that I’m in for 1, maybe 2.

Jim

The TI switch cap retainer is also overly loose. Not a problem once it’s down tight on the switch but the retainer inside should be a better fit than this.

Sorry I cant get them shipped before I go home (one week). Train is waiting. I will go to the station tomorrow.

Relish your time there. This will keep.

Make sure you catsup with friends and family.

:slight_smile:

Can I removed the white plastic piece without breaking it or is it glued?

Is there a way to use the current aluminium switch pill but just replacing the switch and spring?

I managed to come with a fix for the rough switch travel and getting stuck issue:

Any updates on the replacement switch?

Sadly mines seems to be crapping out. I’m using a stock Qlite (3.04A), so not so high an output. Using the default 3 mode setup. If I select Mid or High, within 2-5 secs it does what looks like a step down to Low.

If I remove the upper body (running 18650) so just the head and extender, when I short the battery [-] to the body it works fine, so it isn’t the driver, it must be the switch. It’s also a heck of a lot brighter visually on High like this, than when going through the switch.

I'm just back to work today, will be in office tomorrow and check out.

great!

waiting for your update, and have funds ready to be sent!

thanks Rey!

Need 2.

Pay sent

I have an x6 but don’t want to render it inoperative. What about getting just a retainer ring, then a mini omten on a 16-18mm board should work(trapped between the two retainers).

Have these shipped yet?

I don’t know that he’s even found a viable replacement yet.

Waiting patiently. I'm not in a hurry. The earliest I can play with the Rey light will be in about a month.

I still want to take a stab at cracking open the stock switch but to be honest I’d rather just have a mini omten on a board with the correct size retainer. If Rey can get a brass retainer done to match the host threads that’s all we really need.

omten is ready, but the factory machines are still busy with some other orders.

Can't do the retainer now. Still waiting.

Thanks for the update.

Hi,

I already ordered/paid for one since I have one of the TIs from you, but (embarrassingly) what exactly are you going to be delivering? Is it the entire switch module, or just a switch, or something else?

Awesome!