Boruit Headlamp Review D10 (aka. EHL0628) - King of the Budget Headlamps?

I see. Thanks. :slight_smile:

En even newbier question. What is the difference between “driver” and “MCPCB” ?

The MCPCB is the metal plate the led sits on top of and is soldered on to. Has 2 contacts with wires going into it.

Driver is the circuit board that has all the electronic bits that controls the current and voltage to the led, and also has a microcontroller that gives you modes.

My D10 now features CRI95 SST-20 3000K on a lightweight MOSLED MCPCB. :slight_smile:
$10 flashlight,$.20 TIR lens, ~$.50 MCPCB, spare LED. Not bad so far. Budget? Definitely. :slight_smile:
But I’d like to try some other TIRs and have $50 order from Yajiamei on the way….

Stock driver? :smiley:

i used your driver in blf contest build, Alpg88 2019 Old-Lumens Challenge Entry, machine category.

Never thought it will end up like this :smiley:

So far yes. I’m thinking about it. :wink:
But I need to have the firmware ready before I do the swap. Which is not a priority for me now.

The Quadrupel driver adds a nice indicator to the button.

Also, I’ve heard of product “fade” but have never seen it. This newer version feels cheaper than the previous one I owned.
The anodizing and actual aluminum feel different. Not a huge deal, just surprising. Driver and charging circuit looked the same, same light, just…different.
Still rocks for the price! Thinking about using this one on my bicycle. (and if TomTom is reading, yes, I’ll put a little hood on it to keep it from “dazzling” drivers)

edit: forgot to add the the MCPCB shelf had a crazy texture like milling marks and there’s no way this thing is making great contact with the board.
also if replacing the driver try to dig up some teflon insulated wire to replace the originals with. Teflon because it will endure the heat of reconnecting them multiple times if you decide to experiment with different emitters.

And guess how the manufacctuer figures out that an improvement might be a popular sales item. It’s not like they have their own QA/QC/design staff hard at work.

Say what? How do you get that indicator lamp, I don’t see it documented as built into the headlamp.

I don’t know what a “Quadrupel driver” is and Google isn’t helping.

• high CRI LED
  • TIR optics
    Additional manufacturing cost maybe $1? And increase the price from $10 to $12?
  • USB-C instead of micro-USB (add $1 ?)

But it is true that an amazing product at $13 could sell less than a way-less-perfect-but-usable product at $10. We live in a world where most people buy $1000+ phone every year or two. But would nick-pick for a few dollars on a flashlight.

Thanks for taking care of that alpg88!
The indicator has 4 possible states for both OFF and STANDBY: Off, Low, High, and Blinking.
Battery check on the Darkhorse is similar to ZL, 4 clicks.

Despite the rough emitter board shelf; the copper board and an even covering of thermal paste transfer the heat good enough. Body warms up on full output.

Oh, OK. So someone made a tailcap with a LED in it for this headlamp? I like the effect.

It is a completely new custom FET+1 driver with indicator led support made specially for D10-D20-D25 and compatible with ToyKeeper’s “Spagetti Monster” :smiley:

I baked clone of this and it turned into a nice Green color :heart_eyes:

Also covered yellow pattern on headband with acrylic paint and sanded down to fit this optic

Do you have to take the internal out to bake it? Is there a step by step guide! This is awesome ty!

Wow, that looks very nice!
My D10’s arrived yesterday and was looking for a TIR that can fit.Size of your TIR from fasttech is very close to the size of the original reflector, gonna buy a couple of them for sure :smiley:
Thanx for the link!