Boruit Headlamp Review D10 (aka. EHL0628) - King of the Budget Headlamps?

How easy is it to swap drivers in? I gather that quadrupel used to sell drivers for anduril, but say I wanted to stick in say a standard convoy driver, like the 6A 12-group to drive an SFT40? I looked through most of the photos in this thread but it looks like the stock driver has the button on the driver itself?

This does not use standard drivers.

Okay. So I guess that means that apart from acquiring the ones made by quadrupel etc, or designing my own, can’t just use off-the-shelf drivers? No biggie, just wondered if it was possible. Thanks

YES

The thing is that there is no better headlamp host in overall for modding for years.

You can also buy the D25LR, has LH351D 5000K CRI 90 + SST20 red emitter, better UI (memory mode) for $18, non standard MCPCB however

You can order Quadrupel’s PCBs from OSHPark and build them yourself as well.

Cool, but No thanks. This seems more fun. Also that is 18$, this is $7. I’m not looking for utility but an excuse to mod on a budget light.

This is one of my favourite lights to mod, since it’s so cheap and easy to try different optics and emitters with it.

My only word of warning is that the MCPCB is held down by some pretty stiff thermal glue (not paste), so you really need to twist it with needlenose pliers to get it free.
To avoid shearing off the leads when twisting off the board, I’ve found that desoldering them and then poking them just inside the body is enough to keep them safe.

Yes, that is my thought about getting this. A fun project to practice modding on, and I won’t feel to bad if I make a mess of it.

Great tip about twisting due to the thermal glue, thanks. Would regular thermal paste be sufficient when reassembling?

Thermal paste worked fine for me! Just remove the leftover glue before reassembly, and make sure you can see the reflector pressing down on the board as you screw down the bezel.

Ok thanks for the tip

Where can you get it for $7? I see it’s currently $10.75 on AliExpress which is still a bargain!

For that cheap, I may get another.

33myr on shopee - converted to USD it’s $7.10.

Shopee is a Southeast Asian platform though - but if you’re not from here it probably won’t work. No idea though.

Kind of embarrassing that it’s taken me to close the loop on my original question. Clean, lube, and fully tighten did the trick for me. Thank you to all who answered.

It came this week! This is absolutely amazing quality for 33 MYR / 7 USD.

Have already swapped the old LED out for a 219b 4500K. I actually didn’t mind the ‘fake’ xml2 but I use headlamps for cooking and need the high-CRI. Put in a 45° TIR from Convoy (after doing the necessary trimming) and the beam is nice.

But I think I will try the 60° lens. I feel like I would prefer this to be really floody.

I like how it can swivel basically 180°. It’s really nice to be able to rotate it straight down. I can do that on my H04RC as well but I like to keep the clip on on that one, and I like the clip ‘on-axis’ for times when I need to detach it quickly.

Speaking of axis - I didn’t think I would notice this, but I can really feel the difference between the ‘on-axis’ D10 vs my H04RC. I almost feel like I prefer the on-axis placement vs the right-angle headlamp beam.

The UI is perfectly fine. As long as it’s not ‘hold for off’ and has no blinkies in the main rotation it’s good enough for me. Spacing feels fine too.

All in all I’m really liking it. I just love finding something really cheap that’s really good. Even with the cost of the emitter it comes in at under USD9, which is just preposterous if we’re being honest.

Ready for production… maybe tomorrow. :smiley:

Oh great, I’d like to preorder 4 pieces (depending on UI). :+1:

Pls post when you do. I haven’t gotten around building it yet :smiley:

Take it as a sci-fi art. :slight_smile: Reality is different.