Breaking News: raccoon hates getting sick!

As we used to say in chemistry class back in the 70's - Better living through chemistry.

Seriously though, remember it can always be worse. So, hope you get better soon!

Yeah, instead of a sinus infection, I could have the Covid.

(Though I am completely vaccinated, so I'm somewhat safe.)

Amen brother, it nearly killed me this past December.

Mango juice. First signs of respiratory related malaise. 8oz right at bedtime. Don’t drink water or anything else afterwards. Don’t even brush your teeth. Let it coat your throat. Straight to bed. Pass out. Wake up and thank Notta hopefully.

Langer’s gallon o’ mango juice at Costco for about $6. :student: :+1: :beer:

PS. Shake up gallon real good.

Cold, flu, sinus… I take a hot bath, 42-44°C when I feel unwell. It’s my comfort blanket when I’m getting sick, or hungover, or lovesick or whatever.

Unscientific evidence, high body temperature kicks in your body’s defenses as if you have a fever.

Coming out of it, I crave a burger with the lot Aussie burger with the lot

Edit: a word

Not quite sure what that is in, like, Earth degrees without converting :laughing: , but I do similarly. Run the shower on hot to heat up the tub (else it sucks the heat right outta the water), then fill with straight hot water as hot as I can stand it. Soak, dump tepid water and refill with hot. Repeat as needed.

Sink down low like the Mighty Hippopotamus for full coverage. Induce fever.

If you feel your pulse pounding in your ears, and feel stifled like you gotta get out, do it immediately. Doesn’t take long for a cool-down, maybe a minute or two, then back underwater.

And quite scientific. Fighting bugs works better at higher temperatures. Fever is your body’s way to do that naturally if it knows it’s losing the battle. Inducing fever yourself is giving it a head-start. That’s why no matter how miserable you feel, stay away from antipyretics, which “cool off” a fever. Why give the little bugs the advantage?

I don't have a bathtub, so I took a hot shower, which feels great when I'm sick.

I also drank a fair amount of orange juice.

I think I don't get sick very often because there's not a lot of stress in my life and I usually get plenty of sleep.

Here are my symptoms:

Runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, trouble sleeping, weird dreams, and I just feel crummy.

EDIT: By the way, the title of this thread is kinda a joke.

It's not "breaking news" that I hate getting sick.

I've always been like that.

I was feeling pretty miserable earlier, but I took generic Sudafed 12 hour, and now I'm doing much better.

weird dreams are bad?

Not always, but ever since I got sick, my dreams have been quite weird and bad.

is this “bad” like Funk & Wagnalls?
or “bad” as in Urban Dictionary?

Jamona…

Like Funk & Wagnalls.

Y'know, bad, as in the opposite of good.

The best thing about getting sick is that my voice gets all sexy.

Usually my voice doesn't have a lot of bass, but right now it does.

Also, I feel a little better than yesterday, so I'm getting better.

When I'm well, though, I'll miss is my sexy voice.

I'll be glad when you get well so we can talk more about flashlights and less about all the other stuff.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Even when I am healthy, the vast majority of my threads and posts are not about flashlights.

Luckily for me, that's allowed on BLF.

Daily update on my current illness:

I'm doing better than yesterday, but I haven't had much of an appetite.

Also, for three nights in a row, I haven't gotten enough sleep.

I wake up early, and just get up because I don't think I could go back to sleep.

I'm hoping that I get a more normal amount of sleep soon because this can't be good.

What is good is that I haven't been depressed very much.

(Frequently when people lose their appetite and don't sleep enough, they're depressed.)

By the way, speaking of depression, I first became depressed at age 11, when I hit puberty.

I wasn't diagnosed with depression until age 19, though.

I also find a hot shower/bath helps when i have a cold/flu

Did you get checked out in case you have the rona?