Breaking News: raccoon hates getting sick!

Now I can't remember who I was going to give all of my Kershaw knives to...

Nice catch RC!

Glad your procedure & biopsy went well, RC! I still hope they get to the bottom of the symptoms, though.

I had one in January, but they already expected to find something because of some other tests. They keep moving the age younger to start these. I’m just barely old enough & symptom free, but it was already pretty advanced in my case.

Yeah, I was worried that I had colon cancer or some other cancer.

I don't know what's causing my problems yet, but I don't think it's deadly like the big C.

Rats. Foiled again! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I recovered completely from my procedure on Wednesday.

Until Wednesday, I was somewhat forgetful due to the drugs that I received a week ago.

I still have the lingering effects of my sinus infection, but that's pretty minor.

Glad you are feeling better

I've had terrible insomnia for a month now.

I have trouble concentrating, and horrible trouble staying asleep.

It's caused by the Propofol that I received on March 25th.

I'm taking 20mg of Melatonin and 50mg of Trazodone per night, but it's not doing nearly enough.

I have an appointment with my doctor on May 17th.

I'm going to ask him to double my Trazodone and make it so that if that doesn't work, I can take 200mg of Trazodone per night.

Trazodone is an anti-depressant, but I'm taking it hopefully so that I can get some normal sleep again.

I know that most medications for insomnia are not safe in the long run, but I was told that Trazodone is safe to take for insomnia.

Ask for a replacement for the Propofol

Uh, I never want to take Propofol again.

The next time I have a procedure, I'll ask for something that doesn't cause insomnia.

Lorazepam is nice. Works if you have enough spare time to spend 10 hours in bed. Some people develop an addiction.

That’s the trouble I find with any sleep aide — Not that it’s addictive — It doesn’t work or is diminished after a few days

I have trouble getting quality sleep and the dreams are ridiculous —- I’m pretty much retired until I sleep — every morning my wife ask, what did you build last night (this crap really started when they developed and are building houses close to our house )

On the bright side, Freddy won’t get ya… :stuck_out_tongue:

Try 1g of niacin. Once you’re out (melatonin, etc.), it keeps you under.

Freddy and I are friends.

I wish I could get more sleep so that I could hang out with him more.

Hanging out with Freddie_

Wow Raccoon City, that sucks.

Are you sure it is the Propofol causing your sleeplessness? That drug would have been completely out of your system weeks ago. (Unless you are still taking it.)

You may well have something else going on.

20 mg of Melatonin is a huge dose. And combined with the Trazodone you also said you took…. you should be sleeping like a baby.

Hopefully your Doctor can sort it out because this sounds bad, real bad.

Good luck.

Apparently there are a number of people who develop insomnia problems after a general anesthesia. No idea if any are worse or better than others

When I had my procedure on March 25th, they gave me 3 different drugs, and I was only given them on that day.

I'm sure that my insomnia is directly related to at least one of the drugs.

Propofol is the only one that I remember the name of, and it might be that one or one of the other two.

I don't ever suffer from insomnia like this, and some people get really bad insomnia a week or two after receiving drugs for a procedure.

The insomnia can last quite a while, though I'm not sure for how long.

In ten years, I'm scheduled for another colonoscopy.

If they can't offer me something that will most likely not cause terrible insomnia, I'll have the procedure done without general anesthesia.

Did they find anything wrong with you — You mentioned before the Colonscopy , you had been having trouble for years