Bring back the old version PLEASE.

I have not been on here in 8 days or so. What a surprise.

My most important PM’s are gone which had information and specs about certain lights that were modified by people on here.

I do like the last online feature that’s no longer. Instead of having Pages you got to scroll down through 300 different threads.

Wasn’t planning on creating a thread for this I couldn’t find the comment section. Oh well.

TEST pictures… my dog, my 25s, and my beautiful niece when she was 20 years old.

Thought of a few more things that are missing. Can’t see the green light if we’re online.

Can’t see how many people have viewed our thread or others threads. I always think in piece me I’m sure I’ll think of more.

7 Thanks

No more Emoticons

1 Thank

I am TESTING EMOTICONS.

:flashlight::flashlight::flashlight::sunglasses::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::+1::+1::clap::clap::pray:

2 Thanks

Give me my batteries back! :battery:

I also like the old BLF

1 Thank

@Bort ???

I have those same model batteries with soldered on tops sitting in my closet.
Not sure how you swiped them :smiley:

1 Thank

Hi there, please send me a PM to help you.

1 Thank

Testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3 and I can only upload five pictures at a time

1 Thank

I’m still waiting to be able to log into my old account

1 Thank

Click on “forgot password” and then you need to reset the password.

Unfortunately It looks like your email provider is still being a problem. It started accepting emails from BLF late last night, and then today it still seems to be forcing them into a wait queue. I can change your registered email, but I’d like to see if this resolves first.

Great eagle shots, and very nice husky!
Previous site didn’t let us upload photos. We had to use a photo sharing site and link. Nice to see that upload is facilitated now, although I wonder if there’s an account limit on max total size of files. I hope it has auto-scale as some people will upload the original huge file and it can screw up forum layouts.

1 Thank

Yep it does.

1 Thank

That’s great. I do have to wonder if Discourse has some kind of a “compact” version possible. At least in the Google Chrome browser, I see quite a bit of open space around the layout, requiring a lot more scrolling. I will have to try a few other browsers to see if it’s different. Opera seems to be the same, but then it’s also powered by Google.

It will render the same in desktop browsers, but it will adapt to smaller window sizes.
And then it also has good mobile support, where the entire design is obviously a lot more compact.

1 Thank

OK, sounds good. Will have to experiment a bit.

I apologize for my earlier reaction. I had missed notification about a whole new UI overhaul. I didn’t realize that Discourse would not just change the back end but also the front end, rather dramatically. Anyway, I think it’ll just take time to get the hang of it. I’m starting to feel a little more comfortable. And it’s good to see some new features, like a real-time indication of someone replying.

1 Thank

I had my first experience with discourse a couple months ago and yeah, it’s quite the shock coming from a “classic” forum.
What I can tell you from this later point of view is that discourse really has a TON of modern features … it just takes some time to find yourself around. Give it a chance. :smiley:

4 Thanks

I generally prefer Discourse to other forum software. I’ve found that it manages quoting other posts - partial sections and multiple posts - a far simpler affair than other platforms, as well as integrating photo attachments painlessly.

2 Thanks

I’ve made my best experiences with XenForo, but it’s proprietary and not for free.

1 Thank

XenForo has some overlap with Discourse in terms of quoting and attachments. It’s also got more explicit navigation, hierarchy, and watchlisting. I’ve found it a bit clunkier than Discourse although it’s a solid step up from the likes of phpbb, vBulletin, and older platforms.

1 Thank