sb56637
February 12, 2023, 12:32am
23
Scallywag:
I think one of my minor annoyances is that, because it’s “infinite scroll” instead of pages, my temptation is to CTRL+END to scroll to the end of the thread. It doesn’t work, though, because the entire thread isn’t loaded
That’s a fair criticism. I know I’ve posted this elsewhere, but it appears that this feature of Discourse is not at all intuitive for most, but it works great for skipping to the beginning and end of a thread:
True - would be helpful and I miss the “Last Page” option.
[Screenshot from 2023-02-11 19-26-29]
Did you try these? They’re clickable links that take you directly to the first and last posts.
@Mandrake50 That’s a fair point, it could be more intuitive / discoverable. I need to make a post with some Discourse tips as soon as I dig out from under all of this. But the functionality is indeed there, in my opinion it’s no more difficult or tedious to navigate with the slider bar than with a paginated design. If I want to read a long thread of posts 1 by 1 then I can just keep scrolling. And if I’m looking for a specific point in a long thread I used to have to guess which one of the hundr…