Bruiser-9000, 9000 lumens, 110+ watts

Since my pursuit of a used S&R has come up fruitless I would absolutely be interested in something like this!

OH and offer some silver ones that aren’t just the manual lathe versions. Clear anodized. Its so beautiful i’m not sure why everyone covers it up with black all the time.

3 18650’s will not power this flashlight. Perhaps an IMR might, but, run time would be miniscule, and, it would be hard on the batteries. Unless I do like in Kong-21, put 3 batteries or two batteries in parallel/series config. But I was kind of trying to keep the diameter and size of the body down. However, it would be possible, but the body would be 2” diameter, same length.

Dual mode is possible using two switches. It’s hard to find a good switch to handle 10 amps, and, a circuit to handle this kind of power would be huge. This isn’t a wannabe 110 watts, it is this much power.

I know that a single mode flashlight is not always so useable. That is what the Bruiser is, just one mode, which limits it’s usefulness. Same thing though, it pulls 9 amps, sometimes up to 10 amps, hard to find a circuit for this, that fits, that is.

Wayne

I also love the sliver color, actually. But silver is not very stealthy, and most people want black. Well, if the flashlight is on, I suppose it’s not stealthy, no matter what color it is. :slight_smile:

Wayne

This would be interesting, but the run time is a big, big issue to me, which would prevent me from ordering it.

I love my bruiser, but I also basically can't use it. The battery and heat are both an issue in severely limiting run times.

If you could somehow add modes to it... it would be a no brainer... but as it is, it would be a shelf queen.

awesome, I can only dream of owning one but that is awesome.

any more eye candy?

That’s awesome! It’s way outside my price range, but I like the way you’re thinking. Go big (did that) so go bigger. J)

When I get time I’ll make a longer body, for two switches, like with the Kong. It was a customer who is a Police officer who once suggested to me to make a flashlight with two switches, so the user always knows that when he turns it on he/she gets full power. One of the problems of multi-mode is that, you may not know for sure it’s going to come on in the high mode. For a law enforcement officer, in some certain situations, that could be very serious or even life threatening. Or, you think it’s in low mode and turn it on towards a door that is white and you yourself are blinded. Anyway, will add approximately 4” to overall length, which I suppose is not so bad considering the large size of the head. I was just trying to keep it short and simple.

I appreciate the comments from everyone.

Wayne

I already have two of you lights, This would make a great third.
High/Low would be nice.
Slow2go

xm-l2 and silver is lookin real nice. so ur thinking this will be 16 inches long? will there be option on what we can get. or will there just be one style.

Price?

Well, I was thinking maybe 3 MG-T2 emitters with nice reflectors vs 9 XM-Ls. But not sure how you would power that without 6 cells. Maybe 6 18650 IMRs could be arranged in a way to give the power. I think it’s going to be pretty much all flood but with fewer emitters the wiring might be simplified and with the big head that you have in nice sized reflectors a triple MG-T2 could have some potential and still give you 9000 lumens.

He said in $300 ballpark.

TY

Single mode is great. No ambiguity. Just hit the button with all out power. I like it. If the bruiser can handle whatever heat that is generated in prolonged use, then the light is functional enough. This one is going to put the Olight X6 to shame. Will certainly be interested if price is not too forbidding.

I want one. It you put XM-L2 in there then I want it even more.

Interesting project. I would be possibly interested. So keep us updated please. I like the silver color too.

I’m kinda thinking along the lines of two styles, one as it is, shorty twisty, one with the switches and 4” or so longer. Or possibly sell it with both bodies. Two styles would add cost, in any case.

Wayne

Thanks for the update Wayne.

XM-L2 is a possibility. But I’m very interested in the tint of the new LED. I know what I’m getting with the U2 bin, it’s been consistent.

I don’t think you’d even be able to tell any difference between 9 XML bin ‘U2’ and the XM-L2, not with your eyes, you’d have to use a meter to detect the small difference. But as always, I offer the customer a choice of bin, whether it be cool white or neutral or warm.

Wayne

I don’t think $300 is a bad price at all.

It certainly beats any commercial lights in the LED market, and probably the FF3 and FF4 as well.

Did you say it’s a thrower?