BTU Shocker - 6 x 18650 carrier and battery tube kit?

For anyones info… the BTU tailcap will screw onto a TK75 tube, but the threads are a bit to long. Cutting down about 1/8 inch of the threads should make it screw all the way on.
The TK75 tube will screw onto the BTU about one turn or so, but bottoms out on something.
I think with a little modding this TK75 tube would work. It wouldn’t match the knurling, but I think it might be a go.
Finding the right carrier is next.

That carrier is 6S (easy), not 3S2P.

True but it helps visualize the concept. I hope Ric drops by soon.

Using existing carriers, this is what I'd picture the routing to be.

Thank you Ramblings! Either of those would work if the rods that held the plates together were hollow to run wires through. That, or the wires could be shrink rapped to the existing rods.

There is plenty of extra room inside of the flashlight tube to run wires alongside the carriers (well insulated, of course).

I remember someone on here extending a Cyclone C88 to 6 cells with a custom carrier in 3S2P, that may be the carrier you keep referring to?

I’d buy it if it cost under 70 bucks.

Maybe there aren't as many BTU Shocker owners as I thought.

Most visitors to this site dont have a BLF account. I’d bet there are many hundreds of BTU owners out there.

Has anyone heard from Ric lately? He hasnt stopped by or answered any of my emails, but I see that he visited BLF a day ago.

I just ordered some more BTU Shocker and Tiny XP-G2 triples from him a few days ago, I will alert him to this thread and the apparent demand for this product.

I’d be interested to buy an extender tube if one was made available.

Thanks RMM. I just contacted btulight@gmail.com to see if that would help get the ball rolling. Ric’s name shows up in several places at www.btulight.com so Im not sure if he’s also the manufacturer. Either way, I cc’d him as well.

I just heard from Ric. He stated:

“BTU Shocker is made by ourselves. It will be sold out soon.

We will make BTU Shocker II, Will consider your good suggestion.

Thanks
RIC”

My reply:

“Hi Ric,

Thank you for your reply. If you’re going to make a BTU Shocker II, you should consider cloning the very good reflector from the Supbeam X60 and sell it with 6 x 18650. Please take a look here: Supbeam.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thanks”

I would prefer a 3x 26650 for a stubbier light

Stubby, fat as hell with (3) 26650’s wow! :open_mouth: Won’t fit any way’s Shocker takes 18650’s! :slight_smile:

3x 26650 = 60mm outer case compared to a 54mm 4x 18650, 72 wh vs 58 wh

At this point, Id be more than happy if Ric offered some extension tubes to lengthen the stock BTU battery tube. Then I could fab or mod my own carriers. Perhaps screw 3 additional tubes together for 4S3P 18650 cells to power 3 x HXP70’s with MCPCB’s in 12V config.

i need my BTU much longer and heavy!

4kilograms!

Hello.

I´m modding a BTU Shocker and I´m searching a longer battery tube.
I don´t need a battery carrier.

Is there anywhere such a battery tube available?

Tube of Magic Scorpion does fit I think, but long battery tube is not available for sale.

Can anyone tell me a shop where I can buy one?

Thanks a lot
Markus