Building a F6DD Triple (Roche/Convoy/etc.)

I think the tube is ready to be ultrasonic cleaned & assembled. Have I missed anything??

Now. How could you tell where to cut that groove? Does the plug screw down to the same place every time? I’ve tried to align things with tail caps but gave up as I was unable to get it to align the same with every tightening.

Yes, there are two steps machined on the bottom of the plug. The bottom one fits inside the tube, the middle one sits on the step in the battery tube. The upper one is just to remove the threads for the o-ring to seal against (o-ring fits in the groove where the spring used to be). The o-ring is 20mm OD x 1mm.

And, I just tested the new tube on an existing 3-XPL F6 vs. the stainless plug/copper disc tube, the screw-in plug has slightly higher ceiling bounce numbers. Same everything including the cell.

Sorry, I meant the groove for the lanyard?

Yes... those steps determine where in the rotation the plug will stop when tightened. It repeats fine. Most tailcaps on lights don't truly bottom out on solid machined steps like this, it's most often the threads bottoming instead and binding which will not be repeatable.

well done

great mod

I see

More derailing...

There's a good chance the phrase 'Gang milling lathe chuck jaws on a drill press' has never been used before now.

Oooh, I made a rainbow!