Bunch of Explorer "E-series" flashlights at manafont

Kaidomain has some for cheaper:
http://kaidomain.com/Category.126

And look what Ive found, E86, 1AA headlamp:
http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020672

Hehe, same happened to me :bigsmile: But it’s just a reflection, that’s XP-G R5, first gen.

Yeah, agreed on that one, mate :smiley: I’d rather prefer better tint, well spaced modes and/or good regulation instead of being brighter, but man, 100 lumens is quite low :frowning: Anyway, I hope real numbers will be higher. Finger crossed :bigsmile:

PS: btw, I noticed in some pics that lens are AR-coated :open_mouth: Definitely looks well built lights.

Just got an E84. The anodizing feels excellent, and I’d say it was on par with a good Nitecore if it didn’t have a couple of chips. The threads are great and the lens is AR coated. Having a look inside it looks well thought-out with everything coming apart for maintenance in multiple places, decent heatsinking and easy to mod. For the price I’d give the build 6 out of 5 stars.
The mode spacing is not the best but it’s better than the 25–50–100% that’s stated, though I didn’t get the chance to measure. On the other hand PWM is unnoticeable.
Unfortunately I decided that I needed to try a RCR123 in it and after a few minutes it started to flicker and never came back to life again. :frowning:

Thanks for the info!!! Any photo??

How about the rotating ring for selecting modes?

Don’t have a camera handy. :frowning:
It does look pretty much identical to the pictures on Manafont, though.
The ring is a bit stiff (one hand operation is possible) but it clicks into place quite nicely. It could be a little bit better.
Naturally the SOS is totally useless and it means you can’t just spin it all the way to get high.

TX, How about the lumens? near the 200 declared lumens?

I really only tried it on RCR123 but that looked (subjectively) to be quite a lot more than 200 lumens. That would be on direct drive, though.
It’s around 100 lumens on an Eneloop so it probably shares the same driver with the E82 (so no 14500 with that one either)

What? the E84 can use eneloop AA?

I have not understood well. You also have the e82?

Oh, let me clarify. I tried the E84 with an Eneloop AA holding it against the head and using a wire to complete the circuit (it doesn’t fit an AA).

It works with the AA but not as bright so I assume the E82 has the same driver.

I tried scratching it a bit and the anodizing holds up pretty well. A bit weaker than an old 4sevens Quark Mini.

So if you say the magnetics are working good I may have a E81 instead of a Crelant side button V9cs. They seem to be a kind of Crelant :slight_smile:

And how about the throw? The reflector is deep?

E81 seems to have a wider reflector than a Crelant V9CS. The tailcap current values are important for a driver you can’t change.

The reflector is about 13mm deep. It’s about moderate for throw vs flood.

Moderate between flood and throw… Interesting, similar between bronte Ra 04. Good

Can you please confirm again that it has NO VISIBLE PWM?? :open_mouth:
That would be to good to be true!
Have you tried shining it at fast moving objects, such as fans, or waving it around real fast and look at it from the side or in a mirror, especially in the lowest setting?
How is the tint?

You have to take into consideration that I am not very sensitive to PWM and I didn’t look as carefully at it as I should (I didn’t do all the things you mentioned)

Who is the real manufacturer and their site, BTW? I tried to read from the Box pictures but couldn’t see or find a real site.

The manual says “Ningbo Super Tiger Electric Co LTD” and http://www.china-explorer.cn/

It claims to be “constant current circuit”

It says 200/100/60 lumens, runtime 1.5/2.5/4h which is pretty mediocre on low.

Are the e82, e83 and e84 head and bodies inter changeable?

Can the e82 take 14500 batteries?

Can the e84 take 16340 batteries?

According to the website the e84 can take 16340 batteries but the e82 can not take 14500 batteries.