Cerakote on a flashlight: Dale's Official Review - Test - Contest thread (no more contest entries)

I bout died laughing! These 2 lights came in today, with the tough anodizing and ceramic coatings, all bundled up in bubble wrap and tape inside a bubble mailer! Why so much protection? I’m just gonna do things unmentionable to em anyway, wouldn’t have hurt em any to float around in the bag together for a couple of days… lol

Clearly he wanted them to be pristine for the “before” pictures!

But I agree, the irony is raw.

Kawi, it would appear that your reaction is exactly what she intended. Ironic, she called ME a monster! She broke up with me 14 times in 20 years, including 2 divorces.

Oh well, I found me a Mississipi gal and it’s all good :wink: :bigsmile: More irony, now it’s my wife that likes to shoot. hahahahaha

:smiley:

I got me a Mississippi gal too. I’m not from here, just live here. I have endless jokes about MS women but I’ll behave :wink: what part is MS is she from? You ever over this way?

Cerakote… I’m betting against type-II, on thickness if nothing else.

(besides, it’s an SK-68 we’re talking about here… if it’s anything like mine, spraypaint would have been more durable!)

Lights are here, testing underway

Leslie West (The BIG MAN) Mississippi Queen!!! You know what I mean!! Mississippi Queen…. She taught me EVERYTHING!!! :wink:

Between Cerakote and HA II it will be either 144 of one or a gross of the other.

One vote for Dale picking cerakote. Plus I have stuff cerakoted and it’s a tough finish that can stand up to abuse.

only one day left!!!

Regardless of test outcomes I can’t imagine a Dale not opting for one of your nice coatings.

Without givin any spoilers, I can say, emphatically, that n10sivern did an outstanding job coating this little zoomie! It looks factory, seriously, the clip the tail cap the bezel, everything… seamlessly blending together to create a very nice overall job.

So, regardless of the actual finish the guy putting it on is doing it right! :wink:

I got me a Texas gal and they are just plain mean. We moved her mother up here from Texas last year and she has been living with us ever since. J)

I’m not entering the contest but if I was going to Cerakote one of my flashlights, it would be my UltraFire 1226 because it is butt ugly.

Cerakote on a light isn’t worth the effort, so I think Dale will say sticking with the anodizing is best.

Anodizing for the win!

Tonight, I will start compiling who voted for what and make a list. Voting will stop the 20th at midnight CST. After that, Dale is free to post his results.

i had all mine confiscated. went to court and the judge threw out the case against me. then the prosecutors office went after me for violating federal firearms laws. a well known firearms lawyer heard about my case, got together with a friend of the family who was aware of the case and forced them to drop the charges against me because they misinterpreted the law grossly. i eventually had all my firearms returned to me, including the grenade launcher and the machine guns. but they refused to return my switchblades. go figure

Today is the last day, contest ends at midnight CST tonight. Get your votes in.

I've only just read this. Somehow I missed it. About doing a demolition on a little Moose the wife beat, literally, you to it. I'm but a shadow of my former self and I lost.

I wanna have my Convoy S2+ ceracoted!