Cerakote on a flashlight: Dale's Official Review - Test - Contest thread (no more contest entries)

Ceracote just for the appearance. It’ll probably be tough enough either way. I wouldn’t mind a ceracoted L series solarforce. Maybe that L2T I’ve been meaning to pick up.

Game over. No more contest entries.

Dale, you are free to post up your review/tests.

Hey Dale! Woo-Hoo! Dale? Is anybody out there? :stuck_out_tongue:

(tells self) “Okay, maybe he’s just not finished with the testing. Just be patient. He’ll show up… sometime.”

He had a wedding Saturday. He’s probably still hungover and sore from doing the electric slide

Maybe he’s still looking for the flashlight after if bounced off the pavement and into a ditch with tall grass. In Texas, one doesn’t blindly stick his hand into the tall grass and feel around. :smiley:

I’ve heard he was searching for Kryptonite, for the final test round.

Yes, did the wedding, no alcohol. Shot 1000 pictures, as did my wife. As usual, didn’t sit down for 7 hours… this one was the shortest wedding ever. So yeah, We’re beat up, tired sore and a lot of pictures to process.

So, you guys want to know which light won. Ok, so I’ll tell you. After while. :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep teasing us and I’m gonna drive up there an open up a can-o-whoop ass on ya.

Just jokin. It's been one of "those mornins".

Hopefully you will recover soon, finish the job and then tell us he outcome!

We got on DishNet last month, between me and my kid, we were out of bandwidth in 8 days. So I’m limping along and have had small video’s uploading all day. I think they’re all up, so I should be able to proceed.

The newlyweds can wait. :stuck_out_tongue: (or I will have to figure out how to get their pics done and uploaded between 2AM and 8AM.)

With the last of a big bottle of Advil on board and an hour of steam cleaning, I feel a little closer to human so I’m going to attempt this in the next couple of hours. Man I wish I had a big tall dark beer…

:beer:

Video review HERE

And the winner from the super long list of 5 people is………
Anodizing #3
Congrats Henry. PM me

I’m surprised to have finally won something, looks like my experience in metalworking is finally starting to pay off. :slight_smile:

Regardless of the results I’m excited to get something coated. I may have you do a 1504 up for me. How about I send you a fully modded pill and I pay for one of your hosts to have you coat and you can measure the output before you send it back and we can finally have a reference between our two meters?

Congratulations, Mr Knife Works, it was much easier to win when there weren’t so many of us.

It definitely helped that it was a small group of us expecting the anodizing to edge out the Cerakote. I was relying on the relatively high hardness of aluminum oxide and the fact that it is more securely bonded to the substrate to give it the edge. I’ve never handled Cerakoted stuff before and known that’s what it was, but I figured it’s downfall would be the binding material.

I wonder what would happen if a pre-anodize was done on a clean light, opening up the pores and getting it ready for the seal boil or die and doing the Cerakote at that point? Baking the Cerakote might seal it into the ano? Making for the best of both worlds, ano and ceramic finish?

And for the record, I’m a photographer at weddings, I’m working… no alcohol and a lot of times I don’t even get a chance to eat or taste the cake. :wink: Sore and abused feeling, yes. And to top it off I now have the flu. Why me? lol

That’s a good plan. I don’t mind. I’m about to send you a PM.

Thanks for the comp n10 and congrats to KKW.

WTS Cerakote services thread here