(closed,all sold out) Give me your money: 2nd BLF Light, TrustFire A8

What do you get in the other modes?
Which battery? Thick wires on DMM?
You could also try while you are measuring current to short the wires and see if it gets brighter.

Current depends strong from the Batteryvoltage, if your cables swallow 1V it will flow much less current.
I am not able to confidently measure the low and ultra low.

I just got my BLF A8 on Friday and I tested it straight away with the included battery. It was pretty dim on high so I charged the battery and tested again the day after.

I tested the included trustfire 26650 and a 18650 I had that works in other lights. They both draw 1.6a from the tail cap, the output on high is still dim and is similar to what my other XML get on low or medium.

I then looked at the light and unscrewed the head, I saw that white plastic spacer between the reflector and star/LED. I turned the light on without the top part or reflector in and suddenly the A8 worked like it should. So the spacer is the problem, but its is important. I reseated the spacer so it was directly over the top of the wires and solder points on the star, then I made sure the reflector sat around the ring on the plastic spacer properly then put teh head back on. It was a success and the A8 continued to work as it should with the head back on.

So if you have a problem where you BLF A8 is dim all you have to do is unscrew the top and reseat the plastic spacer and reflector properly while making sure the reflector does not touch the exposed solder points on the star.

Got mine, too :slight_smile:
My 1st 26650 light.
Instantly replaced the driver by a NANJG105C 3A with custom firmware - 2.98A :slight_smile:

Didn’t get the 18650 sleeve though…

What about the real tracking numbers? I haven’t got a real one.

Awesome! You are a custom driver wizard! :bigsmile: lol

Unfortunately we thought it to be included, but a lot of us didn’t receive them. :frowning:

I guess if you didnt put in your PM or in the text section of your paypal transaction then you didnt get it, weird…… Is everyone getting the holsters though? Still have not got my light I probably am going to be last!

everyone has a holster,

18650 sleeve was sent if you PMed or sent paypal message,

It seemed like the “light only” option came with the sleeve. I should have noted that I wanted it. Oh well, no biggie.

Anybody swap out the LED. Was thinking of putting an XML2 in one. How far down is the LED? Is soldering new leads going to be a P.I.T.A?

Got mine today :-)

Also am disappointed the sleve was not included. :-(

But am happy with the driver with low-low light and NW led.

Will measure the current tomorrow...

Have Fun!

Got mine too, Rey did include the sleeve,
just like I asked, him to in PM.

Great light Rey, and yes, worth the wait.

Thanks

Received!

Pro´s:
-In good condition, all included, well packed.
-Draws steady 2.3A, good clicky, driver, PWM and tint
-BLF marking clear
-Immense runtime on low-low, some, what, 2,1mA?

Cons:
-Ringiest beam ever :party:

Great light, exceptional price / quality.

Huge thanks to REY for his efforts!!!

Received my Torch last week - very fast.

Great light! Everything is fine.

Thanks!

i like mine so much i bought another one from Rey! :slight_smile: Thumbs up for the top notch service Rey provides!

I’m curious but why would anyone really want an 18650 sleeve? You’d be better off putting an 18650 in a p60 and enjoy a slightly slimmer, lighter torch.

Sleeves are good for people that plan to move up to 26650's in the future.

It’s only a battery, not as if its complex or difficult to use vs an 18650.

No, but they are not cheap for good ones. I’m going to be using a sleeve for a little just for that reason.

The sleeve is also for "backup" for someone who say takes the light on a camping trip (or maybe cycling) and runs their 26650's down and needs to move to their stash of 18650's.

-Garry

+1
Options that is what we all want as a consumer. Dont mean you have to run it on the 18650 it means you have option to do it you want!!!