Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

I did get a message from Dale last night but did not have time to hash things out.

Basically he said they did not get much extra lumens with the TA driver (which I never sold it as gaining lumens, I sold it as a working driver with better UI). Then something about they can’t sell it? I don’t know, it didn’t make much sense. I will try to hash it out after I get the spheres finished.

You should ask how did they measure the lumens? I hope they didn’t just use their eyeballs. I remember sounding like a fool when I said the NCR18650B and a high drain 18650 in an Emisar D4 didn’t make any difference in lumen outputl. After I measured it with ceiling bounce, I was amazed how our eyes are not very good at gauging relative brightness.

They said they sent them out to be measured in a sphere. No idea on any details other then that.

Although if both drivers have bypassed springs and they cherry pick a good driver from their old selection, the only change in output should be from the lower resistance of the TA driver. Which will not be worth a whole lot. Which is why I never sold it as a lumen increase to them.

I did say that they should see higher lumens with the complete package due to the spring bypasses but that is comparison a stock driver without it to mine with it since they had never even consider the idea before I suggested it.

They also mentioned it not hitting 21k lumens, so they are obviously confusing the modded lights I have been making to the stock ones as well and somehow thinking they should get the same numbers? Even though I was very clear from the start that the stock LED’s were not good.

Update:
Cell : Sony VTC6 4.19V
LED : stock NW

Stock driver : 1374 lux
TA driver : 1990 lux (I only bypassed the springs on the driver) 45% increase in lumens.
TA driver : 2110 lux ( all sprngs bypassed ) 54 % increase in lumens.

MT03 stock : 986 lux
If a stock MT09R has 13000 lumens, after my mod it’s 19960 lumens.

Now it’s time for MT03 :smiley:

I just dropped the prices on my website a ton.. you may want to look before they are gone. I will need all the extra space when the SC26 units arrive so basically I am selling at cost. Better hurry if there is one you want.

Those prices are 5 percent above cost. The MT09R 35 high is about 4 percent below my cost when you include the driver... Gotta have the space... So it has to go...

Would you consider selling just the bare shells?

smokuxx, read a couple post above for my measurements. However, I read that there might be two different 5000k bins used. I got the good bin.

I edited my post.
My MT09R is NW so it should be 4000K.

Not possible.. you have to remember when I paid Haikelite for it I paid for the entire light. The Price I have on that light is ridiculously low. just the driver I have in it cost me 20.00 same as everyone else...

I have test the throw on that light out to 822 yards which it did pretty easily....

You can have the bare shell but you will have to purchase the light to get it... The prices you guys are seeing in my website right now are pretty much dealer cost. I will make about 1 or 2 dollars after shipping..

Gotcha, it doesn’t hurt to ask though now does it :wink: Thanks for offering this deal btw.

Here is a URL for the latest version cheat sheet of Narsil that I can find. If you know of a newer one please feel free to post it.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Alee1kMa7J36kX5qIUG-V8y4Cgq_

There is a BLF made manual by joechina in the works for the MT09R if HL decides to go with this driver.

I was just getting a ton of questions and needed something to give the guys an idea of some of the simpler things like lock out.

You could do me a big favor and explain how to change the thermal control step down to a higher temperature...

It is really simple to adjust the thermal temperature.

Simply enter the menu by click and holding for ~16+ seconds (see the manual for full explanations of the menus).

On the 3rd menu option you will select option 2.

Wait 5 seconds and it will go into full turbo and remain there until you click the button. Whenever you click the button, whatever temperature the light is at that time, is the new thermal control temperature that it will try to maintain.

Then simply wait for the menu to cycle through the remaining menu options and exit before using the light.

I don’t normally post on this thread, but I did do a video specifically showing how to set your own temp limit. Maybe it will help.

Thank you very much for your time and help. Changing the temp limit and how to lock it out are the 2 questions I get asked the most.

Lock out/release is simple. 4 fast clicks.

I forgot, my video is older NarsilM which takes 8 seconds to enter configuration mode. (Ramping down is best)

With Texas_Ace driver, he changed it to 16 seconds. (You definitely want to ramp down! Lol)

MT03 with oryginal driver from MT09R: 1382 lux = 13075lm
75 lm more than stock MT09R.
I still didn’t recived chargers :frowning:

If you still have not got that charger yet I would email daily until I got an answer... trust me I do.

Haikelite@yeah.net