CLOSED - SEE OP - Kind of a surplus giveaway - Anyone need some (a few) small (some #2-256 and 2mm) screws?

Hi,

I started a thread earlier about securing stars to pills:

And, as a result of that, I ended up buying a bunch, like 400, small screws in various sizes, but I know that 400 is definitely more than I’ll ever use :).

So, as one other member termed it, I’d like to “pay it forward” a bit (and backwards, really), and offer a limited number of these screws (I do want to keep some of them), probably in max sets of 10 screws for each user who wants them?

This is offer is for lower-48 states only, and I’ll take care of shipping, but it’ll go USPS 1st class with no tracking, and I’ll probably just put the screws in a small ziploc bag and put that into a business size envelope taped to some cardboard, hoping that USPS doesn’t destroy it.

Also, I reserve the right to close this offer at some point.

This is the “inventory” that I have to start:

100 #9617 - Machine screws, Phillips pan head, Stainless steel 18-8, #2-56 x 1/8”
100 #9619 - Machine screws, Phillips pan head, Stainless steel 18-8, #2-56 x 5/32”
100 #7650 - Machine screws, Phillips pan head, Stainless steel 18-8, #2-56 x 3/16”
100 #6806 - Metric machine screws, Phillips pan head, Stainless steel 18-8, 2mm x 0.4mm x 4mm

I bought these from boltdepot.com, courtesy of moderator007’s suggestion, so you can look there for the specs if needed.

Please PM me if you’re interested, and also:

- Let me know how many of each type/size screw(s) you want, up to a total of 10, and

• Your snail mail address

Thanks,
Jim

EDIT (8/4/2013):

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to send all of these out at the same time. These will be going out to the following users in the mail:

tivo532
moderator007
cone
18sixfifty
leaftye

Thanks,
Jim

A user gave me a format for the mix/set if you want these.

Just give me a set of 4 numbers, totalling 10 (or less), with each number being the number of screws for each size, per the list I posted, in the order in that list.

For example:

1 2 4 3

would mean:

1 x “#2-56 × 1/8””
2 x “#2-56 × 5/32”
4 x “#2-56 × 3/16”
3 x “2mm x 0.4mm x 4mm”

Hope that this makes things easier for all of us, and hope that I don’t mess things up :)!!

Jim

Edit: Just thought of another glitch. If you don’t want a size, put a “0” in its place, i.e., if you only want the 5 each of the 2-56 x 3/16” and the 2mm:

0 0 5 5

Man, I don’t know how guys like Pulsar manage those GBs, this is tough getting all the details in place. Thanks!

Wow, it was 45 years ago that I first needed these small screws and nuts and bought an assortment from Radio Shack. Recently I needed a couple to screw down a star and I still had them! So I would say that on that day at Radio Shack, I picked up a lifetimes supply.

Wow, thanks, Jim. PM sent.

You’re welcome.

I have a question for those who I’ll be sending these to: Would you mind if, at some point, I posted a list with your BLF usernames (in post #1 above), kind of like how Pulsar did for the GBs?

I just want to make sure that I don’t miss anyone.

Thanks,
Jim

You can post my username anywhere you want.

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to send all of these out at the same time. These will be going out to the following users in the mail:

tivo532
moderator007
cone
18sixfifty
leaftye

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks again ohaya. 8)

Ya, thanks again.

Sorry, I meant to do this days ago when the screws arrived, but got sidetracked. Ohaya, I got the package, thanks again!

Thanks again and letting you know I got mine.