Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Nice round number! You got 1000,0000 in binary. :slight_smile:

But then, I think our base-10 number system is weird. Binary makes a lot more sense. Or hex.

Could be worse, we could still have roman numerals

I like Roman numerals, they make my birthday easy. I was born in the year CM BC. Not that we called it that at the time…

But don’t you guys go calling me an old lady. I haven’t even hit my 30th century yet!

Given the fact that you hold the keys to the proverbial code...I see many on one knee...including myself :)

CM BC

Previously in this thread you stated that you started programming in C at the age of three or so?

Dogs don’t do maths… but dogs don’t need to do maths to know that that can’t be right!

Sitting up on my haunches begging, please COUNT ME IN FOR A NEUTRAL WHITE TOO.

I did go ahead and made that post

[being serious for a moment…]
I published that under a GPLv3 license, which means I don’t really hold the keys to anything. It’s open for anyone to use for any purpose, with only some minor restrictions which basically state that others have to play by the same rules. Share and share alike.

I take copyright and software licenses pretty seriously, because my whole industry depends on “copyleft” being a real thing. It’s basically a legal way to force everyone to play nice and share their work for the common good… and without it, not only would I be out of a job… but BLF probably wouldn’t exist since it’s running on top of a deep stack of free software.

So… among other things, the code is protected against me getting a sudden case of “hit by a bus” syndrome, or my future self becoming a jerk. And anyone can use it for whatever they like (even for profit), as long as they also share code for their improvements.
[end of being serious]

Tee-hee, silly doggy… I never contradict myself. And I’m always right.

I’m just surprised it took mortals this long to invent C. The rest of us have been using it for eons. And not many people know this, but the universe itself was actually written in Lisp.

I know I'm jumping the gun here but I just purchased 2x Samsung 25R (thanks m4d m4x for the code ) specifically for this light. However, from previous personal experience, it's really better to have batteries waiting on lights than to have lights waiting on batteries , if that makes any sense.

1600 +/- lumens, That's twice the brightness of my H02 , which is my brightest light now.

Your having entirely too much fun Miss Moon goddess… :expressionless:
Please continue. :bigsmile:

1. and 388 please add one more of CW and NW.

With it GPL is Bangood going to be required to provide source code with the lights?

I’d rather have base 12 instead of base 10, binary takes too many digits to write.

Bangood or any seller is suppose to provide a link to the source, yes.

Binary is base2, 0-1
Base10 is 0-9
Hex is base16 0-F
What is base12?hmmm

Maybe, maybe not. As far as I’ve heard, the GPL hasn’t yet been recognized in Chinese courts… but my friend Eben is working on giving it some legal teeth there. I hope BG/EE will respect it though, and include source (especially if they modify it).

Binary… decimal… hexadecimal… Dodecimal! D’oh!

Okay, it’s actually called duodecimal. Or even dozenal. Blech! English is weird.

Damn that Gödel and his incompleteness thereoms.

You know what, I've read up till 29 pages, and I'm really impressed with all the work and effort put into this light.

Having said that, Bugsy please put me in for an additional NW.

That's a total of 2xNW for me.

Thanks a bunch!

Did someone start a group buy on a matching toolkit for this flashlight? Or could someone direct me in what items i would need?

I might put me up for an aditional one.

Put me down for 1xNW

Thank you

Count me in for 2xCW please!

I already have #251 as a CW, better throw me down for a NW as well as this is getting over 500 and is going to be epic (unlike the X6 BLF edition flop)