Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

About to put the other samples emitters on copper, I’ll try to get that “MOSFET” a little better so it can be identified.

http://www.irf.com/part/\_/A~IRF7821

Very good news so far, you guys are awesome.

I guess those Al-MCPCBs aren’t dtp… For the standard cheap Al-boards the amps might be a bit high. I think we really need copper.

I mean I wouldn’t mind if they come with standard al-boards, because for me it’s no problem to change the board, might do this anyway because I want to put a XP-L HI in there, but not everyone can do a MCPCB-swap…

Wow, I don’t know if we can call that wight’s driver anymore. Very different! (Visually, at least)

Dale,

What is the emitter on the samples? CW/NW?

Thanks,
-Chuck

I am exited for this to be progressing as it has. The speed is not great, but getting what we want in a light more than makes up for it…

I am also in on the LuckySun BLF D80-SE group buy and that looks good to me as well… Different light, so not really a competition between them.

Vielen Danke to our Taschenlampen-Forum visitors that are getting in on this, the more the merrier!

MUCH thanks to the organizers of this Group Buy…

Tried not to look, ….just a peek…. 5 amps is 2 good to pass up. Crap. Im in for 2 any tint. Thanx to everyone who has worked so hard on this and continues to do so.
Tarvos

The sample is a Neutral White, prob 3C, a tad bit on the warm side but I like it quite a bit.

I’m figuring a spring bypass and some 20ga wires ought to get it well up in the 6A range.

That mosfet has a considerably higher Rds On than anything I use. Considerably cheaper too. lol Trade-offs, always about the compromise isn’t it?

Thanks Dale!

-Chuck

Thanks Dale!

Do you think this could easily be transformed into a triple?

No problem, and yeah, I don’t see why not. Might have to fudge the available space to get the top end components to play nicely, and add a bit o copper, but it should work.

DISCLAIMER: The following information is for recreational purposes only. YMMV

Spring bypass top and bottom, throughpass at the tail to take power from the top of the spring directly to the switch, 20 ga wires throughout, from the driver leads to the spring bypasses…. she does 5.78A on the already slightly used LG HE4 cell for 1590.45 Lumens at start-up.

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! YEAH BAAAAABY! From a factory driver with minimal tweaking, a first, and you got it right here on the ground breaking BudgetLightForum!!! :bigsmile:

Nice!

Wish that I had the skills to do that, but 5.27A will be great for me!

Thanks Dale,

-Chuck

Giggity…

Chuck, look close at the numbers… fully tweaked it makes a measly 160 more lumens. You can’t even see that up there on the top end.

Straight out of the box it’s ready to roll, never been done like that before and it’s because Bugsy and Neal worked Eagle Eye into submission. (Bugsy put some time and effort into this puppy!)

Standard 97 yard shot, wide angle…

And 17 yds to our garage doors…

So what good are these beamshots in daylight??!? Wait a minute…

Heheheh…good ’un!

Looks like you guys made a winner!

but now

You mean Bugsy isn’t paying me? But, but, but….