Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Hello,

Can you put me down for 1 CW please?

Thanks.

Brand X is........

Manker

Way back when I started to get real frustrated with getting the original samples we went on hunt for a manufacturer that would be willing to listen to what we wanted AND provide the exact same. At that time EE caught wind and started to get on the ball but still difficult to communicate with.

Now.....

The biggest exterior difference is that Manker made a deep carry clip just for us and manufactured an A6 host to fit it because the standard A6 does not have a clip slot whatsoever. Manker will also allow us to order "naked" lights for those that want.

EE will substitute the A6 tube for an X6 tube...which is ok but "just ok" for and EDC in my opinion. I carry my F30 regularly and I do not like that it rides as high as it does with teh standard X6 clip....but that is me.

Inside....drivers are now manufactured the way we want. Manker's first sample had a two FET's....junk. EE sent samples with a single FET which was ok but not quite cigar ready in the efficiency department. EE also sent a 2 FET sample like Manker....junk too.

Manker samples we have and seem to be working although Dale's acted a bit wierd...TK's was perfect. It is enroute to TK now for neuro surgery :) Then EE samples as of now are MIA. For a fact they were sent but either customs is holding the container or the USPS has misplaced them - dunno.

Maker is anxious to get the ball rolling - hosts, clip, driver. Just waiting to see what happens with TK and Dale and hopefully the EE samples and we will be ......ready for it....sit down everybody >>>>>>>> DONE!!!

Wow, great news. Sounds like a good thing.

There is now a small Manker Ti light on the big auction site with the perhaps less obtuse (than Godmes) name of “Timeback”.

Corporate site is interesting also. mankerlight.com

Thanks, Bugsy, for your amazing perseverance. And the rest of the “A” team :slight_smile:

Manker sounds better to me since they were willing to create a custom design to accommodate the deep carry clip.
But the one weird acting Manker driver is worrisome. My back-seat driver suggestion would be to ask Manker to send a few more sample drivers, to check for this problem.

What would the body look like for manker? Are they copying the A6?

Hey, I like Manker, if their little light the Boney is any indication, we should go with them. The pre production driver with and issue could just be a fast assembly issue or something along those lines. I trust ToyKeeper will find out.

I have an EE A6 and it is nice, but they did not mention the hidden strobe mode on any of the sites. The contact told me it was always there, sounds like the bug is a feature issue. I specifically bought it for no strobe modes…

I dont care for the naked lights, but if they will do both and have manufactured us a deep carry clip… we should do them right, should everything check out.

Would there be any pics available of the deep carry clip?

Is the reflector different in the Manker than the one in the EE A6?
I would prefer whichever has the most throw.

Good Day Bugsy36,

Great update!!

Suggest you post it in the OP.

Thank you Very Much,

George

Or you could stop dressing like a ninja and wear something reflective so people can see you better at night.

I appreciate all the work that has gone into this, and I will be happy with either decision. That said, won’t EE ano be far superior to Manker?

Everyone likes ninjas!!

Thanks bugsy ! Did I say thanks bugsy ?! And Dale… And madame TK… And wight… Thank you all guys! This was almost the first topic I replied when I first entered in this community

I also share this concern, the ano on the BLF X6 was perfect, if Manker can’t do the same it’ll be a huge let down

I’m concerned too, but it could be caused by almost anything. Dale thought perhaps his switch was misfiring and that it wasn’t a driver issue at all. I think it could be due to using a previous firmware build calibrated for an older version of the driver, or perhaps getting flashed with the wrong fuse.

All I know so far is that the latest Manker sample I tried performs extremely well. The soldering on it was a bit sloppy, but that shouldn’t be an issue on production units.

Please make one of mine a naked triple with high cri high intensity nichia 219C emitters . :)

Can we get some naked pics ?

This is a family friendly forum! :zipper_mouth_face:

I have hosts from both EE and Manker, and I can’t tell the difference. I have to keep sticky labels on them so I won’t forget which is which.

I haven’t tossed them out of a car though.

:evil:

Please put me down for one NW.

I’m willing to pay more for a good (not greenish) tint/BIN and the best possible anodization.

BTW: Is there a risk that the driver will produce an annoying high pitched sound?

Thanks for all the work going into this great project!

Has anyone ever baked a light? Most budget lights have inferior Type I or Type II anodizing that will change colors when you bake them. Type III resists this color change and will only go a subdued color if baked very hot for a much longer time.

I have built an X6 with a copper heat sink glued into the head. I have needed/wanted to re-do this light a couple of times now, and I re-flowed triple emitters while IN the light, placing the entire head on the hot plate. This has been done 3 times, with no change to the anodize color at all. Really tough stuff they use for the EE X6. I do not know if it’s the same for the A6.

It has been said and argued about before now…. Eagle Eye does not make the body and does not do the anodizing. The host comes from Adega, so the light should be the same in fit and finish whether it’s finalized by Eagle Eye or Manker or Alfred Hitchcock Design Studio. :wink:

If the UI is too complex, the flashlight becomes useless…