Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Good Day Kenneth aka myhken,

You can make 2 separate orders, and they should ship separately.

Best Regards,

George

Edit:

Re your batteries, the higher their Amp (current) Continuous discharge rating the better (higher lumens)...

But they will all work fine.

OK. How do I order?

When Bugsy PMs the code to us which should be in the next few days.

Make sure Bugsy puts you on the list.

i NEED one cw at least.

I just put a thread up about the 18350 body tube for this light. If you would be interested, or want to know more, head over there…

Bugsy36, let me know what you think about this and I am going to keep it separate from this thread to cut down on the cross talk while people are still signing up.

Thanks everyone!

No, not yet… still waiting to confirm the exact bins.

However, I know they got some of the parts from intl-outdoor. That’s where Noctigons come from. And what intl-outdoor carries are V6 3D and U6 5A3 80+CRI. I can’t confirm that these are actually what got used, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is.

For an idea of the color, the closest picture I have so far is a 5B and 3C together. However, I just got a 3D-tint Meteor and may be able to compare 5B to 3D that way. The Meteor runs at constant current though, which makes it warmer at low output levels, and if I put it up to a high enough level to represent what the A6 will do, it’ll make all my other lights look like candles. And the Meteor has a really weird beam pattern. So, a photo is a little tricky.

Is this a 26650 or 18650 light? It do not say in the final specs.

Okay, I tried to get tint pictures… but again, tint is tricky (especially online).

On the left is a 5B1 emitter from my BST-wide. On the right is a 3D-tint Meteor. To my eyes, the 3D looks white and the 5B1 looks yellow. But different people see differently, so I got images with different white balances.

First, this is what auto-white-balance did on my camera:

This is what it looks like if I set the white balance to match the 5B1 emitter:

… and this is how it looks if I set the white balance to match a Nichia 219B. I think the 219B’s pink hue made everything else in the image look a little green, but it doesn’t look that way in person:

I’m not sure if that really answers anyone’s question, but it’s definitely an improvement of the 3C shown earlier. This pic has 5B1, 219B, and 3C from left to right:

Good Day ToyKeeper,

Thank you Very Much for those Superb pictures showing/contrasting the different tints.

Best Regards,

George

That is because we now have a two light minimum. j/k

On the serious side - added for one CW :)

Any battery will be good for this light! Please look in the OP and you will find a link to a chart that Dale assembled of batteries tested and amps drawn. Even a plain Sanyo laptop pull does a great job and when you throw ANY type of high drain battery you see it shine - no pun intended.

I could not find this but what would NW represent in Tint? 3D?
(I ordered 2NW)

I bet most have ordered at least 2 lights

Both tints are considered NW

Maybe we should sub-classify them as C-NW and W-NW to help people keep them straight! :stuck_out_tongue:

And here I thought we were friends. I can see it now....800 posts asking for specific changes to the list. LOL

Dear Bugsy,

Please change both my 3D to C-NW and my 5A to W-NW.

You may leave my CW 1A as is, even though that seems so boring…

Thanks so much for your kindness and understanding,

-Chuck

:slight_smile:

The 3D and 5A emitters are at opposite ends of the neutral white range. They’re about 4900K versus 4100K. Not really at the ends, I suppose, but far enough apart to show a significant difference.

The 1A option is at the end of cool white, at about 6700K. This should give maximum lumens, efficiency, and throw, plus it de-domes well if you’re into that.

Personally, I try to stick between 4500K and 5500K, in the “daylight” tint range. But if you’re accustomed to traditional 2700K light bulbs, the warmer 5A tint will probably look more neutral and pleasant. Tint is very much a personal preference; the colors each person sees differ quite a bit.