Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

> out of stock

I will hope that means they did, in fact, do a first run “charlie test” batch and someone is now addressing the little glitches that turned up.

I’m just an end user here, I’m not in communication with anyone — just wishing loud and long that, in fact, this process is working as I hope and Manker expected to listen to us early adopters and improve their process.

Each pause is an opportunity for improving what was iffy — and, each time, every time, for rechecking work from suppliers and subcontractors.

I hope they and we ain’t done yet. Just deciding what gets fixed on this round, and what gets bumped to fix in Version 2.
_

P.S. Don’t lose perspective:
— it’s a freaking incredible $25 flashlight. The work folks here put in getting us this emitter and software made this a bargain.

I’ve made a lot of things in my 66yrs.

Thing is, I never made anything that I couldn’t better on the second try.

I would suspect, that neither has anyone else. - Unless they’re brain dead.

It’s called Progress.

Thanks,
-Chuck

I didn’t expect a problem with the threads, I thought Manker is a renowned manufacturer and it’s not their first flashlight.

This seems very unfortunately, if they improve the threads now, we will have a problem with the 18350 body tubes. :frowning:

Considering this light has sold over a thousand units and quickly at that...there are bound to be a few defects. If there are any true defects that prevent the proper operation of this light - PLEASE contact Neal via PM @ Banggood.

Also, to all - As I had stated, I did not pay attention to the threads as the cap went on/off without any issues and my main focus was on the driver and UI - which everybody needs to know is heads and tails above anything else out there. I am bothered to hear that there are host issues and even more so to see that threads may not interchange with older X6's - I completely missed that even though I had stated that was needed. Nonetheless..this host is better than many cheap hosts that cost a little less than half of this light and the internals alone would cost as much or more for this light.

Edit added:

I would appreciate it if this does not go the path of the X6-SE with all sorts of people trying to rile up others, especially those that did not receive theirs yet. The X6-SE had a power issue...this light absolutely does not have a power issue. Anything that is seen should be constructive for the future. If it does go the route of the X6-SE in a negative manner then I myself will just not do any type of group buys and ask that others step in instead and try and do what was done here and in the past. I admit that I overlooked a physical issue BUT other people did put a lot of time into this project as well as the fact that we initially subsidized this ourselves (less the initial host)

I hurt my thumbs and hands trying to remove the head :frowning: Put some WD40 on the crack, then wrapped it in a cap snaffler and used some open end pliers (name?) Didn’t want to ruin anything so gave up. Not sure what I was hoping to see in there as I’m not a modder.

Based on TK’s comment on other thread (I believe she mean X6 too), they changed it, so production is not the same as samples.

When ordered from Manker how was threading to be used in light specified?

Hi, could you check the battery voltage with a DMM? Several of those symptoms sound like what might happen if the cell is about 99.9% empty and thus unable to pump out much current or voltage.

If it behaves like this on a full cell at 4.2V, do you have any way to get detailed macro pictures of the driver? I’m hoping to get enough info to see what’s wrong, in order to send a proper “bug report” and get the issue fixed.

Yes, I meant X6… dang fingers got ahead of me.

I’m not sure how to resolve the thread issue, but some harsh four-letter words have already been sent and I hope something agreeable can be worked out. Gotta wait for morning in that part of the world before any progress can be made.

TK, if you have a sample there, can you verify whether the thread between the bezel and the head also changed?

That might explain the handful of reports so far of lights where the head can’t be taken apart because that thread is stuck

—- if they sent some out where the spec was drifting on one part, or one part was made to an old spec and the other to a slightly different spec
— so when they were assembled the almost-matching threads jammed.

It would feel the same way as described, as though they’re glued.

The other way ’round this would explain why some of the threads can feel so loose

— a slight mismatch somewhere sometime during production, then all the parts mixed together, then assembled randomly.

Some would end up too tight, some too loose, and some, I suppose, would be just right.

Just speculating.

Another Fine Opportunity for Growth
————————

The more I use it the better I am liking it. The UI is so simple to use. When I read the instructions it sounded very complicated, but with light in hand I only had to read the instructions once, then I was able to remember it as it is so intuitive. I bought a 1A and 5A, and I thought I would prefer the 1A as it was reportedly brighter, but the color rendering of the 5A is far superior to the very slightly blue-white of the 1A, and to the naked eye it seems to be of similar brightness. I may have to break down and get a 3D so I have one of each tint. I am really glad this GB came together.

I am not a fan of the clip as the wings get in the way. I may grind them down so they don’t catch on threads in my pocket.

Please. No thread discussion. This light was not about a specific thread. Banggood is not going to supply new lights or hosts over threads that do work....

Messages have been sent and we will see where it goes

thread discussion :bigsmile:

touche!

Thanks TK. And thanks all who got us this far. It’s a bargain, as is. No question about it.

More important — it’s a bargain from a new path that we can follow further.

I’d volunteer as an early sample tester for any project you folks care to take on, next time, if there’s need for one more nitpicker.

I’m still so excited I don’t care :smiley: DOA, threads whatever the case….I know if it’s doa you guys will help me troubleshoot. I just want them here already. I guess they have the parcel but tracking hasn’t been updated on mine for 5 days (I’m guessing it’s in U.S.P.S. hands and the tracking number changed? :~

I’m might even do some of the attic work I’ve been putting off at my house. :wink:

Yes, the threads changed. We don’t have answers yet, but you can bet there will be a lot of hard questioning as soon as people in .cn start their work day. Perhaps I’ll learn how to translate some four-letter words into Mandarin… engineers seem to understand things better that way.

Fortunately, most people have had good results with the light itself and this should only affect the extension tube effort.

As for testing, it seems like the boat is already pretty full. For example, I probably don’t really need to be involved in future projects since the driver and UI already work fine. Unless we make a better driver or UI, which I’m kind of hoping for. Tom E has been doing some awesome work on this, and intend to get involved too. :slight_smile:

Pro tip: The USPS tracking site can handle tracking numbers from most of the shipping companies in Asia. Paste that AAXXXXXXXXXCN tracking number into USPS and it should magically work! :slight_smile:

Received mine today!

Works like a dream, all modes work and I have configured it onto the simpler low-med-high-tuuuurbo.
I think this light is the perfect size for me and with the clip its perfect pocket size.

Thanks to all involved in make it, I hope you’re proud!

Yep tried a few others that linked from bangood’s system but not that. Mine are in San Fran today! Thanks!