Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Absalom - Beamshots will have to come from Dale if/when he has the time. I do not have what I need to properly show what the beam is.

Cajampa - No it is not dead but not promised. It is being worked on and looked at by the team. There are three people on the team that are putting forth a huge effort to make it a reality. Then we have to ensure that whomever EE uses to build the drivers can actually build the drivers. The shipping delay has slowed some of that a bit because I would rather all testing be done in the actual host.

So far the we are certain the "max lumens" people will be happy. We are working on trying make the "moon" people happy.

The interest list is getting longer and longer :)

Flashination - Nope not late at all :)

Bdiddle - Added :)

My standard beamshot, 97 yds to red 55gal drum. Canon G1X at ISO1600 f/5.6 wide, f/5.8 zoom, 1/2 sec exposure. Manual focus, 2 second timer. Manual settings.

LG HE-2 cell rested, not quite fully charged.

Thank you :)

Would you say it’s more or less bright than a Zeusray on an IMR? Great shots btw!

Thanks bugsy36 that sounds hopeful, i hope we get there in the end because i am both a max lumens & moon fan :slight_smile:

Nice beam shots Dale, i miss the leaves on your tree :wink: they where very useful to compare “outside” tints :slight_smile:

Tom E tested the Zeusray on an Efest 35A, the same as one of the cells DBCstm used in this earlier chart:

I’d say that the Zeusray is getting stomped on here. (As one might expect.)

Wight, you might know the answer to this. I have both a 7135*8 Convoy S2+ and C8, but my Zeusray seems about 40% brighter than both. They are supposedly putting out 996 led lumens, how could the Zeusray only be putting out 809 lumens? It seems astoundingly bright.

Furthermore, if what you’re saying is true, this is going to be one HELL of a light!

I fixed my post after you quoted it. :frowning:

It seems astoundingly bright in flood mode? (Probably not, right?) I assume that it’s just the tight spot in throw mode that seems bright. That’s intensity, not lumens. This has to do with throw and total output not being the same thing.

Neither mode is very efficient, aspheric lights usually get very little light out the front when compared to reflector lights.

It also matters what cells you are using… so what cells are you using?

Compare ceiling bounces and see which light illuminates the room best.

Actually, on flood its incredibly bright. Makes my H602W look like it’s not even on. I’ll have to try ceiling bounce test. Maybe I just got lucky on the Zeusray lottery?

Or you flunked out on the others? I’ve never been all that impressed with flood on any zoomie.

You didn’t mention what cells you are using.

I thought I did in the first post but in any case. Usually I use a Efest 35A IMR in the Zeusray, but when I was comparing to the Convoys I was using identical fully charged Keeppower 3100’s (protected). I wish I could capture w/ a camera the marked difference between it and the rest of my lights.

1 NW. Thanks.

Ugh. More money I don’t have. I know you guys know the feeling. I’m at #127 for a CW, please put me down for a NW also. Thanks.

I can’t comment for A6, but I can attest that on flood the Zuesray does seem exceedingly bright. Ok beam distance is limited compared to a reflector torch, but it’s glaringly bright close up.

Ok, you talked me into it. :slight_smile:

Put me down for a CW.

Thanks!

I don't really see why this light should be compared to the Zeusray??? That is a zoomie, not tube style (for no reason btw), not very well finished and has the standard chinese UI with blinkies and bad mode range/spacing, the only similarity to this light is that it is pretty bright. What bugsy/BG/EE are trying to achieve is exactly not that: high end quality finish, great UI and mode range/spacing (and not ugly, but that is in the eye of the beholder of course ;-) ).

What djozz said.

If the manufacturers can deliver anything near what the custom-modded versions do, this BLF A6 should smoke pretty much every budget light on the market. Better build quality, better driver, both higher and lower output, better UI. It’s something which, as far as I’m aware, hasn’t been done before.

About the only thing I’m worried about is whether the manufacturer will be able to build the driver correctly. I don’t think anyone has tried mass-producing an oshpark driver in Chinese fabs before. I’m glad I’m not the one who must deal with that.

Count me in for a CW version. Cheers for making this happen, my poor under driven BLF EE X6 never gets used.

That is the idea. Kronos' X6-SE changed that and caused the manufacturers to take note - not just EE but all of them. Some will be resistant to what they are told that WE want but that does not matter because EE is more than willing to work with us. :)

The team of smart people working on this (not me :)) are removing the bottlenecks at the top and the bottom whereas before it was always one way or the other

Ditto!! The capabilities are there. All one has to do is consider the names such as Zebralight, Fenix, etc. etc. They all utilize Chinese manufacturing. We just need to ensure that what we give them to build is what we get back in return. That is what the QC of the samples is for. I have dealt with Chinese manufacturing before so I am prepared for what to look for.

My sample with Wight's driver is a kick-ass light! Even the low on this is lower than anything else that I have with any kind of power. If that +1 driver can fly (which I think it will) - this light can become one of the most popular EDC's around.

All we need to do as a group here at BLF is show the vendors and manufacturers that this light is what we want.

I don’t think it was a comparison of actual torches. But the questions was asked in terms of brightness. I guess if you own a Zeusray and it’s one of your brightest single cell lights and you don’t own anything with a 5amp driver, then having a reference point is nice. I might be wrong, but that’s what I assumed the question was asking about.