Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

The tracking for my bare A6 has not updated since October 2nd (Processed Through Sort Facility, ISC SAN FRANCISCO). Has anyone else experienced it being stuck in this state for this long?

Thanks mate….

yea i like the tint now and after looking at it for a while i was playing with the light all last night its a warm colour i guess i will need to buy more lights with different tints

i done this vid where i put it side by side with convoy c8 now the tint looks blue to me after using the BLF A6 and against the nitecore ea41 and jetbeam 3m pro these lights are really white tints

thanks for your help! no way would i get rid of this light its the first 18650 light i feel that i can EDC thanks!

Thanks! Ordered both items from Fasttech. Worth a try!

Got my replacement tube yesterday, length is perfect and this one is centered fine, too.
It arrived in less than 2 weeks, which really fast for China Air Mail in my country. I certainly didn’t expect it so soon.
Now looking forward to 18350 tube.

Just received my BLF A6, which is my first 18650 light, so I’m waiting for the batteries to charge and haven’t had a chance to turn it on.

I have a question for anyone who can answer. I’ve been comparing and contrasting the A6 with a couple of my other flashlights and I noticed that the dome (I hope that’s the correct term. Correct me if I’m wrong) over the emitter on my other lights is crystal clear and the dome on the A6 is a bit cloudy or maybe it just looks that way to me. Is this the norm for this light?

Here’s a pic. Best I could do with my phone.
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B3_RbT6yvEwJRmlkZEhYVWlsa00/edit

Thanks in advance.

I received my two BLF A6 Special Editions, Bare Finish, Options 1A and 5A. These complement my initial purchase of the regular anodized version with a 3D tint.

EDIT: Re-posted under the Bare BLF A6 Interest discussion.

The XP-L emitter used in the BLF A6 normally looks a bit cloudy. Here is a XP-L and then a XM-L2 for comparison. They’re basically the same thing but with a different dome and a different-sized circuit board. (pics courtesy of Illumn)

ToyKeeper, thanks so much for the confirmation. I can only assume that this is done for a good reason. Does it act like a diffuser? Excuse my ignorance, but I always want to know why something is done differently.

Also, I’ll add that I received a great specimen in my eyes. The UI works perfectly, this sucker is BRIGHT, the reflector is clean, and springs and the emitter are centered as far as I can tell. The only things I found that are a miss were that there’s a spot by the switch that is missing a bit of anodization and the threads had some debris, but that’s it and I really couldn’t care less about those things. It’s going to be a bit different carrying coming from a light and slender P2, but the trade off I feel is worth it.

Thanks so much to all who made this light happen. It really is awesome.

I don’t know why Cree changed the texture of the emitter dome. Perhaps it was to reduce the effect of changing the dome’s shape. They cut off the four edges to make it fit on a smaller circuit board.

The main advantage of warmer tints is less light pollution, both local and global. Cooler tints interfere more with seeing the stars and with seeing by natural light. They irritate and blind others more with the spill. They may promote macular degeneration or other eye problems more. They keep people awake more. They cause more temporary blindness when pointed at the eyes. These things are especially important in this light with a lot of flood and spill and with high output.
An other advantage of warmer tones is that they scatter less from fog, smoke and I think from the trace of cataracts forming in the lenses of my eyes.
These advantages are all small, but I usually have a high CRI Nichia handy when I want to see true color.

My A6 arrived today… shipping time was 9 days after a 13 day wait for back-order… 22 days total is perfectly acceptable. Order timeline below.

I didn’t specify any specific tint, so I assume I got the default 1A-6500K. It’s pretty yellow, very “natural”, definitely nowhere near white… I like it a lot so far. I also bought (from Amazon) a pair of Panasonic NCR18650PF 3.6V 2900mAh batteries and the double Nitecore Charger. I have zero issues with the quality although my experience is limited to Costco triple-packs and a neighbors selection of huge “CloneFire” monsters. I’ve also carried an EagleTac D25C mini in the shoulder pocket of my flight suit (Navy pilot) for years.

For the A6, I was able to navigate the programming and set it to just give me the 4-output levels instead of the defaulted 7. I also figured out how to do the strobe and battery check. I wore it all day in my front pocket and have no issues with how the clip seats itself, worked great. No current desire to mod, although I’ll admit that I’ve got the bug. Something tells me that Santa might be bringing me 4000lm’s.

SYNOPSIS
24 Sep: Order placed
29 Sep: Notice of backorder (gave me the option of continuing order or cancel, very nice)
06 Oct: Notice that package shipped
08 Oct: Tracking shows it leaving China
15 Oct: Tracking shows it in New York
17 Oct: My mailbox

ACTUAL TRACKING
Oct 17, 2015 09:19 Delivered, In/At Mailbox, Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 9:19 am on October 17, 2015 in VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23455. VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23455
Oct 17, 2015 08:34 Sorting Complete VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23455
Oct 17, 2015 06:23 Arrived at Unit VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23455
Oct 17, 2015 00:06 Departed USPS Facility NORFOLK, VA 23501
Oct 16, 2015 22:43 Arrived at USPS Destination Facility NORFOLK, VA 23501
Oct 15, 2015 20:01 Departed USPS Facility FLUSHING, NY 11351
Oct 15, 2015 09:13 Arrived at USPS Facility FLUSHING, NY 11351

Oct 08, 2015 10:04 Processed Through Sort FacilityCHINA SHENZHEN EMS
Oct 07, 2015 15:06 AcceptanceCHINA
Oct 06, 2015 15:18 Processed Through Sort FacilityFLYTEXPRESS-CN
Oct 06, 2015 10:22 AcceptanceFLYTEXPRESS-CN
Sep 25, 2015 02:02 Shipping information recievedCustomer

There should be a sticker on the plastic wrapping that identifies which tint you have. As others have said, you can also tell by just turning it on.

How yellow is yours? Be aware that the tint can become very yellow if the emitter is sliced or accidentally dedomed during assembly. That's why it would be good to check the sticker. Yours might be a 5A tint, which would also be a good reason for it to show a little yellow.

I bought two 3D versions. On one of them the tint was distinctly yellow, and there was no moonlight as well. Later, the yellow tint became more normal (compared to my other BLF A6). It is still very slightly more yellow, however, than the undamaged light. When I explained this to Banggood, including what I knew about the potential dedoming, I was told that Banggood suspected only a driver problem. I don't really know myself, but Banggod is sending a replacement head (driver and emitter) for free, so I should be okay either way.

Hey, Bugsy,

I am in the process of recommending the BLF A6 to someone at CPF. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post links to sales pages at Banggood there. I can post a link to the group buy here, but not to Banggood.

Would you do me the favor of posting the Banggood link for the BLF A6 right below the coupon code in the OP? I think others would find that useful, too.

This is the link I mean: BLF A6 Special Edition at Banggood.

Thanks!

You can also find out what tint was sent to you by checking the order at Banggood.

Go the "View Orders" page under "My Account." When you find the line for your order, click "view" at the end of the line. Your tint will be listed under "Design." For instance, mine says, "Design: 3D"

Glad to hear yours was in great condition!

I got tint 5A… which turns out is totally fine with me. I’m going to order one more in 3D. Just because I like it so much. I also found the A6 mod thread and really like the idea of trimming down the little tabs on the clip surround.

Oh yeah I should put my pics of the clip in the O.P.! Just be aware that if you’re like me and try to reverse the clip to use on the bill of a hat any modifications make this harder to snap the clip on and off. I’m even having a tough time with the new style of clip.

You and all can post wherever you like. This light is meant for anybody that wants.

What he’s asking is whether you would post the Banggood link to the OP just below the coupon code, so that “visitors” to BLF can find it, since he was unable to post the link on CPF.

Ahhh! There you are, again! I’m glad it was in the condition it is, too - I would have totally blamed you otherwise because of your convincing review. Thanks again for bringing this light to my attention, even if it did cost me close to $100 for the light and the needed extras. :wink: