Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

basically any xtar or nitecore charger and something like 25r or 30q batteries.

Would the memory decay trick work? Or not enough memory with the other features? I’ve been really enjoying a couple Convoy lights with a slightly modified STAR_noinit firmware.

Memory decay should work fine on nanjg drivers. I’m using the trick on several of those. It just has some limitations… mostly, that it can only distinguish between “long” and “short” (no “medium”), so there won’t be any reversing.

It’s also possible in rare cases that the memory will decay to a confusing value, if used to hold data across a short-press. The actual decayed state is an un-predictable pattern of 0s and 1s, with a higher prevalence of 1s. It’s not usually a problem though.

Hello, I’m new to all this. Just received a Meteor M43 and a BLF A6 last week…
Been reading for a few days and unfortunately couldn’t understand how to proceed with the BLF A6 spring bypass. So I have a few questions, please bare with me:
1- How / where or who do I turn to for the spring bypass for my BLF A6? Or do I have to buy another modded one?
2- Will the BLF on off switch handle the extra load? Because I suspect that it sometimes doesn’t work faithfully.
3- Will the modded BLF work with button top batteries?
4- Which battery will be brightest on Turbo, LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q ?
Thank you and sorry for the many questions :slight_smile:

1. Do a forum search for DB Custom and bypass. That info is in this thread but probably easier to find if you set the viewable posts as high as possible.

2. The switch should be fine but also an easy replacement

3. The A6 can pretty much handle all batteries

4. Any of your listed batteries are good but the 30Q leads the pack at the moment

I hope this helps :)

And:

BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

Best Regards,

George

Thank you very much bugsy36 and keengeorge for your feed back.
Will see if I can do the mod myself

Been playing with my a6. Not bypassed yet. Running lg hg2’s.

Comparing it to my convoy m2, mtn fet, mt-g2… It’s kinda like comparing ridiculously stupid vs. Absolutely absurd. Lol!

Well said, these are silly bright.

I finally got my BLF A6, bought in the first batch but received severely malfunctioning the first time. The replacement is SWEET! I love this light! The form factor, the incredible UI, wow!! What an amazing piece of lighting technology! Thanks to the folks that made this possible!

Here it is with a sharp friend

Seems like someone has started producing a copy of the A6 or the actual A6 under a different name:

Still waiting for mine. BG ran out of stock earlier this month and shipped it out only recently. At least I’m not getting the initial batch. Quick question (sorry if I missed this from one of the posts): what’s the approx runtime on High mode? I understand turbo is only 30 sec. so am curious about High.

“runtime” refers to how long the light will shine at a given mode until the battery is depleted. Turbo mode has a “timer” that steps down brightness to limit heat generation. Turbo runtime is much longer than 30 secs, but the user must continually bump the mode back up if they consider it safe to do so. Only Turbo has a timer.

I haven’t seen anyone report actual runtimes, but here is an estimate apparently based on battery capacity divided by tailcap current. Real world results will be different as battery characteristics vary as they discharge.

How long did it take you guys to get a replacement? They said they’d replace it for me but it would take a few days. Mine came with the o ring not on it, so I think its still got some quality control issues.

I think I have a package waiting for me at the local post office from the Professional guy with a new tailcap inside. Maybe I finally, after the weekend, can see my 3D come to life.

Soon 6k posts in this thread, wow! :slight_smile:

Thanks argo for the clarification and quote. I hope real world results are better than these theoretical ones as they seem a tad low.

Great pic, I have both of those as well! Glad they got you fixed up….

How many batches (or revisions) have been made yet? Anybody has any idea?

Is the Astrolux version the same as the latest BLF batch?

Regards,

Yes. Exact same thing minus the "BLF" engraving

Not exactly the same… In now comes WITH a 18350 tube too! :wink:

Ok ok....gray hair syndrome. LOL