Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Chuck, unfortunately no XP-L HI on this A6 GB as confirmed by Bugsy.

This XP-L HI question was asked and addressed in posts 2250 - 2264.

Response from Bugsy was:

Hirsh

Thank you Hirsh,

I had read those posts, but thought that perhaps things had changed since then, as I believe that the New X6-2 might have this possibility.

The XP-L Hi is like it is straight from the factory, so uses different phosphors to get the desired tint, I would suppose.

As for De-Domeing, I never will be getting a light like that - I’m a bit of a “tint-snob”, and I Hate Green! - In flashlights, that is… In every day life it’s my Favorite color! - Go figure?

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your time - I really do appreciate it!
-Chuck

I like the clip, but the deep carry section needs to be wider. Look at the DQG Tiny 3 18650 clip. Very nice clip.

If the host quality is reportedly the same, I’d say go with Manker. They seem to want our business more…

Any way I can change mine from CW to NW? Thanks! Excited to see this one in action.

Yeah I’ve gone on hikes with people like this, if you do show them your light, they defensively retreat to “well, this is all the light I need and it will last forever”… I thought of just nodding agreement about how great their lights are and lowering the output of mine, but I want to actually use it, so I compromise on no high modes …and still make their light seem weak. And this is just with regular non modded Chinese XML/XML2 lights…

Chuck - anything can change at any time..although doubtful on the XPL Hi. With all the action these Gb's get it can sometimes be hard to keep up with it all :)

Done :)

There are a variety of differences in the hardware and firmware, but they’re very much in the same class. The “superior” one is whichever one matches your personal preferences better. The biggest difference is price. Nothing like the BLF A6 is available for anywhere near its price — it’s basically a high-end custom light for the cost of going to a movie with a friend.

How will we be notified when these lights are ready to purchase? By PM?

I don't get on as much as I used to and I don't want to miss this light!

Two cool white for me please!

Can I please be added to the list for a NW? Thanks.

I would like 2 more in NW for a total of 4, (already on the list at 545-546)

And a big thank you to everybody who has worked to make this possible! Can’t wait to try out the UI.

Wow, I check back in almost 2 months since I last came here and it's almost to the production phase!

I haven't bought any other flashlights as I'm saving the funds for 2 of this (rather tight these past few months).

I also really like the deep carry clip by Manker as I mostly pocket carry my light and its better if it stays upright in a pocket rather than settling down horizontally, looks and feels really weird when sitting down. I wish it can be screwed on as opposed to clip on as it will be more secure therefore less chance of losing this gem of a light!

Anyways, looking forward to more good news on the progress.

BTW Bugsy the link to the Manker clip in 1st post seems to be mistaken?, says page 49 in link description but it should be page 82.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be misleading. The plan is for the A6 to have an XP-L emitter on copper.

With the HI variant becoming more and more available, I’m looking ahead to making simple changes. Dropping in an HI already mounted to a Noctigon and changing the reflector to an optic is really easy to do and would make a substantial change to the light. At an additional cost of less than or about $10.

I modify lights, so I look at all of em in that regard, past present and future. Sorry to be misleading in this thread.

I am currently on the list at #160 for a NW.

Please add me for a second NW.

I only got one of the X6’s, sort of wish I had gone for two of those.

Thanks!

Bob

Hi I’m new at all this, but if possible could I get on the list for 1 NW?

bobofire, I like the Avatar except for one little detail…. a single cell fits in the A6, when you combine multiple cells to operate a device, the power supply is then called a battery, right? So perhaps your “Charging Battery” should be a line of those soldiers? :wink: lol Maybe 4S6P or something, so the “battery” pack would be obvious. (4 series would be 4 deep, 6 parallel would be 6 wide) Maybe I’m overthinking this…

I’ll shut up and get back to work on my coffee…. sorry

So maybe a squad huh? I’ll give it some thought…

I have one question about the Manker host, is there anywhere I can buy one now to figure out the dimensions needed for a triple spacer?

The body should be the equivalent of the A6. The only thing different is the machining for the clip.

Please put me down for 2 NW with clips.

Very cool project…

Thanks.