Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

If it is not EE anyway who is going to make it, it would be cool if the body would have some unique details for this group buy too.

(of course everyone has another opinion, but personally I don't like the long grooves in the battery section, and I do like some micro-finning where the pill is, or even a bit more, like the S8 )

Yep, everyone does like different things when it comes to style! I like those long grooves! :smiley:

Even better, imho, tapper the long narrow groves to a point. A bit like the zeno e15 v2 (though the e15 groves are not as narrow as I’d like). :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we use either button or flat top batteries? The links point to flat tops.

Pretty much any 18650 cell should fit in the A6. I’ve used unprotected flat tops and double wrapped protected button tops. High-amp cells are recommended though, to get full output.

I think my preference has changed from CW to NW (#713 in the list).

I would like one NW light please.

Because we changed manufacturer, what NW bin are we talking about? 4c?

I prefer to stay away from 3c, it's been too green too often.

1. should be “sandanbob”, not “Sandandbob NW”, unless there’s somebody with a similar screen name.

Thanks!

I agree, but 4C can be very yellow.

To my eye 3D is where it’s at.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Either one as long as its not green 3C :wink:

Yuck, 4C. That’s like 4350K and yellow.

Boy, I'm looking at a XM-L2 4C from Simon right now from a modded X6R, shining on white paper, powered by a FET+1 running all out on the 7135, FET disabled, and it looks great to me - no yellow, just a soft off white in the spill and hot spot. I only see yellows in the 7A range, dedomed XM-L2's, or sometimes in the corona around the hotspot in 1C's, and some others. Maybe it's the AR lens effect - dunno.

Remember, the older you get, the yellower your built-in filter!

We aren’t all seeing the same color.

These are examples — people vary in how much their natural lenses become yellow over time. These are from 6 months to 91 years old:

(That’s why beauty parlors turn out elderly ladies with what younger people see as blue hair — optical brighteners applied to the gray hair. That’s to make it look (to them) a brilliant white, as seen through their older, yellower eyes’ lenses.)

(Nevertheless, I’m down for “Neutral White” and hoping that works out well)

ok, you got me Smile. I'm only 39, but in hex.

That’s fascinating. I had heard people see less light as they get older, but I hadn’t actually seen what it looks like.

Well, I’m 66, and can certainly tell when something looks really White to me, and it sure isn’t a 4C. - My Red Convoy S2+, 4C is quite yellow, as is my Fenix BC-30 bike light.

My Convoy L-4, 3B is “a little” yellow, while lights with a 1B look a little pale, ghostly green.

A 1A looks White to me, with sometimes a little blue thrown in for good measure.

I have yet to try the Cool Whites that I ‘think’ that I might prefer, which would be 1D or 2A.

3D looks might near perfect to my eyes for a Neutral, while I find too much green in a 3C.

Now if anyone wishes to disagree with me, I’d say go right ahead.

Common sense tells us that our eyes are ours alone, so we all see things differently.

BTW - Got some LG HE2s coming in anticipation of the A6!

Thanks,
-Chuck

Good choice. I ordered some 25R’s 51 days ago, and they aren’t here yet. I doubt I will get them at this point.

Who did you order them from?

Have they been shipped and then lost?

Thanks,
-Chuck

I really dig tints in the 4500K to 5000K range, especially when they’re very slightly on the pink side of the black body line. But I’m getting a bit less picky about tint lately, and use anything from 4200K to 6500K.

> less light as we get older

Oh, and it’s not just that our lenses slowly get yellower.
https://www.google.com/search?q=aging+eye+light+contrast
Contrast sensitivity decreases.
Maximum pupil size decreases (that’s why youngsters need binoculars with big pupil diameter “eye relief” but that more costly design is wasted on the old)

I once, many years ago, asked my eye surgeon who did my cataract implant what the whole course of aging could be expected to do to my eyesight.

He shuddered and said I really did not want to know. And stroked his long white beard and nodded and laughed.