Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

While it’s possible, I wouldn’t think that it is probable.

I’m not in the lease bit worried about it - Any bin will be bright as hell driven like this one is.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Ordered mine, thanks to the whole GB team. I tried the priority shipping as I'm a little anxious to have it in my hands.

Highly doubtful. They'd have to start with a much higher bin to have the extra phosphors that shift the tint to the cooler color temperatures still end up higher than the 1A they're using.

Can compatible smooth reflectors be bought separately somewhere?

Here, Richard (RMM) spells out the lumens for us with various “bins” - Notice that sometimes a warmer emitter will be binned lower than a CW, because of the extra phosphors need to warm the blue tint produced by the bare emitter, as Gj mentioned.

BUT - If the bin is the same, the brightness will be the same, regardless of the CCT.

Note: These are all “Emitter Lumens” taken by Cree, before any losses that will occur when used in a flashlight.

EDIT - Please note that the A6 is driven Above spec, so will be brighter than any figures that you will see here. - This is made possible because of the use of the DTP MCPCB. (copper)

Apologies to Richard for showing his catalog around the net :wink:

Thanks,
-Chuck

Thanks guys.

Thanks GB team.

Please, could you add me to the list (and sent me the code :bigsmile: ).
I guess you jump me .

Thanks for your hard work guys :slight_smile:

Wow, I pressed the complete order button and wet myself a little, SO excited….

I ordered two of the three I am on the list for (#’s 127 and 249). My third one is way down the list at #789, so I am going to wait on that one until everyone above gets in. The code worked perfectly. Thank you all very much.

Thanks for your hard work guys!
Code received and 3D ordered. :wink:

Since my first request was at #455, I have decided to Take the High Road, and wait my turn so that those that requested before me can get theirs first.

Now, if you believe that, I’ve got some swamp land that I’d…

Actually, I’m Broke and waiting for my next payday :frowning:

Bugsy said that there will be plenty to go around - If they run out they’ll make more!

Have Fun Guys, and Thanks Again to all those that made this possible!

-Chuck
PS - Maybe I will get Version 2? :wink:

I ordered my two. I’d like to thank every one involved. I genuinely appreciate the efforts.

Placed order for one 5A

I’m kicking myself right now. I put my order in and I was so excited I didn’t even think about shipping options. In fact I didn’t even see any though I probably just missed it because I was doing backflips while paying for my lights while thinking “My wife is going to smack me for this one!” :wink: Anyone know if it’s going to botch my order if I try to change the shipping now? I’d gladly pay a couple extra dollars to speed up shipping.

Placed an order for two ea. with 3D tint (same as my reservation on the group buy interest list).

At first, I could not find any mention of 3D in the "Order Confirmation" or "Order Tracking" pages. When I dug a little deeper, however, I was able to find the "3D Design" I had requested.

Big thanks to all who made this happen!

I’m not sure if you can log back in and change your shipping. If not, you should be able to cancel your order and then re-order with your desired shipping.

I was thinking the same but so far all I see is an option to “Apply refund”. Maybe that means “CANCEL MY ORDER”???

I wouldn’t bet on it!
-Chuck

Not sure. Contact Neal and see what he sez.

Re-posting from comments 2797 and 3143:

I don’t know the exact brightness bins, or which 5A tint it is. However, it’s likely the 1A is V6 since CW is easy to get in the highest bin. It’s also likely the 3D is V6 because I think they bought those parts from intl-outdoor. Not sure about the 5A. Hopefully we can confirm the bins soon.

As for the tints, I’ll re-post something from earlier. The top pic used auto white balance, so it should be centered near 4500K. Also, I’m planning to build a 3D light today so I can post some tint/beam comparisons.

(edit: I thought I had some 3D emitters for this, but it looks like they’re actually 2D or maybe 3A, significantly cooler than expected)

So, people have been wondering what a 5A tint looks like. I don’t have one, but I do have a 5B1 emitter. 5A would look similar but with a little bit more pink. I used it in my wide-spectrum BST as one of four mixed tints. Here is how it looks compared to other tints covering most of the tint spectrum.

The tints shown below are:

1A 6700K

7B3 3100K

5B1 4200K

3C 4850K

Also, here’s a detailed copy of Cree’s tint chart (click to expand):

Okay, I tried to get tint pictures… but again, tint is tricky (especially online).

On the left is a 5B1 emitter from my BST-wide. On the right is a 3D-tint Meteor. To my eyes, the 3D looks white and the 5B1 looks yellow. But different people see differently, so I got images with different white balances.

First, this is what auto-white-balance did on my camera:

This is what it looks like if I set the white balance to match the 5B1 emitter:

… and this is how it looks if I set the white balance to match a Nichia 219B. I think the 219B’s pink hue made everything else in the image look a little green, but it doesn’t look that way in person:

I’m not sure if that really answers anyone’s question, but it’s definitely an improvement of the 3C shown earlier. This pic has 5B1, 219B, and 3C from left to right: