Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Just a reminder to USA buyers that need/want batteries.....

Many have bought batteries from overseas but many have not, especially the hi-perf batteries. Some are worried about fakes, time, etc.

We DO have two vendors who are VERY worthy of our support and patronage AND you know what you are getting

mtnelectronics.com some examples

Enova 7A (as tested by Richard and also used by your truly :)) $3.50

LG HE4 $6.50

LG HG2 $7.49

illumn.com some examples

LG HE2 $5.00

Samsung 25R $5.00

How the heck did you get your new light so fast??

Any 18650 EXCEPT batteries with ‘fire’ at the end of the name…i.e…UltraFire…SingFire…

A light of this pedigree would surely belch it out.

Those are the short batteries you will use if the optional, short 18350 tube becomes a reality.

What is the purpose/benefit of that?? Just being slightly more compact?

easier to carry in pocket.

Smaller size, but you have lower runtime (18350 batteries have much lower capacity compared to the 18650 batteries)

This is already a very compact light and the difference seems negligible, but hey, to each their own :slight_smile:

Certainly doesn’t seem worth it to me, but hey, everyone has their priorities.

I’m a photographer, I shoot weddings among other things. I carry a ton of stuff all day long, usually 12-16 hours. At the end of the day I’m exhausted, it’s midnight, and I have to break down my equipment and put everything where it goes in it’s Pelican cases, usually standing over the bumper of the car in the parking lot. Having a light of this caliber, in the smallest size, ready to hand, can be a lifesaver.
That’s why a short 18350 tube and cell are likely candidates for sometimes use. I can use moon to check the plans for the reception, I can use Turbo to find my NiMH’s out of the flash when they roll all over the place. I can use a bicycle strobe walking out to the car, carrying a boatload of stuff and about to fall out while all around me drunk people flee the scene of the crime. All in a quite small little canister of light that can fit in a watch pocket. :wink:

I’m already planning on cutting the tabs off, I did that with the X6 clip that is on my EDC light, I don’t care if I scratch it putting the clip on.

The only mount I tried that has always held a light without issue is the velcro one. Never tried expensive mounts though. I got them from Amazon when it was $1.39
Amazon link to one: Amazon.com
Banggood link to it: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Universal-Adjustable-Bicycle-Mount-for-Flashlights-(2cm-4cm-Diameter)—p-58801.html

I normally buy batteries from banggood, their price isn’t the best, but so far all are genuine and tested. Even anything happen (get defective/damaged if you so lucky), their CS is in BLF able to assist you. so far so good.

WoW..never thought there would be a 345 lumen difference between 3D and 5A tints. Of course they are different bins...but.. That's quite a difference.

I charged the cell, tested again, tried another cell, the difference stayed in there. I took the light apart and double checked wires, ground, spring solder points, put it back together, nothing changed. But, when you look at it, 345 lumens can be gained by adding a single short wire inside the tail cap spring in many cases. So is it such a big difference after all? This emitter has a very deep warm campfire color. I don’t like it. Very similar to the pinned xenon bulb in a MiniMag.

One could simply fart and probably lose the weight difference.

Watch pocket?

The little pocket on the right hand side of jeans, the one at the top of the main pocket, it was designed for a watch on a chain. You know, the round watch, railroad watch, whatever? Long before the wristwatch? It was a figure of speech, no I don’t wear jeans when shooting a wedding. Not even black ones.

The size difference is one of space, not weight. And farting only helps loosen the belt. :wink: Not acceptable in mixed company anyway. But I guess that’s also old-fashioned…

The lower output of the 5A isn’t unexpected. It’s most likely the same 80CRI U6 bin that everyone sells. Compared to the V6 of the 3D and 1A that’s 5 bins lower.

I think of it as a watch pocket as well. I love that pocket. Keep emergency cash in there plus small items.

Nah, it’s called having a bit of class. :beer: To me at least.

Help please. Since I got a 5A tint and my lumens are less, they need a boost. I’m NOT a modder but perhaps I can do a tail switch spring bypass to get some more lumens. I have no wire on hand but I heard u can use solder wick, yes? Where do I solder the ends? One end to the top of the spring, right? The other end goes where, to the bottom rung of the spring? Don’t touch the PCB with it? With some advice, I’ll give it a whirl :stuck_out_tongue: If this works most likely I’ll start offering custom mods!

thanks for the help….

edit: after some more thought on this, am I trying to have the battery NOT touch the top of the spring??? If it touches the spring, is it useless? Confused already.