Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I whipped out a knife as you suggested and bingo!! Thank you very much!!

Did you order more than one light? You could try swapping parts around, assuming the other works.

I got two 3D units today and both appear to work normally.

Compared to the sample units, the differences I see are:

• Production units have extras:
    • gift box (in a bag, no tape)
    • BLF logo
    • gunmetal grey clip (preinstalled) (and the body has a groove for the clip)
    • lanyard
    • extra boot cover
    • two extra O-rings
  • The reflector seems a little smoother. Light orange peel, perhaps, instead of regular orange peel. This should make the light a little throwier. It’s a pretty minor difference though.
  • The tint is better than the sample units (which I think used whatever spares they had on hand).
  • The driver is yellow instead of blue.
  • The copper MCPCB has a very light blue finish instead of red, and is branded with “BLF” and “ALEXWELLS”.
  • The lens has one thick black O-ring instead of one or two thin GitD green ones.
  • The emitter leads are slightly thinner, I think… But I replaced all the leads on the samples with longer wires for easier flashing… so I don’t recall what size the original leads were.
  • The driver and tail springs are slightly wider at the tip, which might make bypass mods a little easier.

I don’t have lumen readings yet; am waiting for batteries to charge. But I can at least say that moon clocks in at a nice 0.40 to 0.55 lumens, making this one of a only a few “budget” lights to ever have a real moon mode. And the interface appears to work as intended, though I haven’t carefully measured the timings yet or done any temperature tests.

I want to put some DC-Fix on the lens to give it the beam type I prefer, but I suppose I’ll at least finish testing first.

Received my A6 , and my Nitecore EC11 today from Banggood! Anyone else ever receive multiple lights on the same day? Hoo-yah!

This light is fine! Really fine. The tint on mine (5A) is gorgeous! Creamy/floody. I was concerned it might be rosy, relieved to find it wasn’t. Took the clip off, not a clip person here. Light comes on in moonlight, and 1/2 press for 6 more levels of brightness. MIne always comes on in moonlight, so memory has not been set, yet. Next was to attempt the UI, so went to the link on page 1 of the thread. Either a short, medium, or long tap …. seemed troublesome in my mind but works well. Tried the hidden modes next. Turbo-fine. Tactical strobe-fine. Biking flasher is interesting, pretty low lumens, could it be higher? On the next one, the battery check/beacon mode, those blinks come awfully fast! So the beacon mode is proportional to the battery level?

I stopped here as I like the lights’ configuration as it is. No really, I’m leaving the configging to the Pros :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to get the ‘shorty’ host for this light if that works out! This UI is amazing! I wish the X6 had it! I don’t know how many lumens it is on Turbo but appears to be a tad brighter than my 1000 lumen lights.

What a terrific offering! Seriously, many, many, thanks to ALL involved in this project!

(I’m overdosing playing with this light, my Nitecore EC 11, and my new Olight M3XS UT)

How do you like the 3D tint?

^ Don’t miss this folks! ^

The fix was very short lived, I guess I’ll send this one back for a replacement.

Received mine today and I have to say, what an incredible light! I am in love with the 5a tint and TK's UI is amazing, especially considering it is on a reverse clicky light.

My only complaint is the damned pocket clip. We never got clip samples before production and, had we, they wouldn't have those annoying wings on the body clamp nor would they be so loose in the clip groove. Time to break out the Dremel and cutting wheel to do away with those tabs.

Overall I'm tickled with the fantastic job everyone involved did to make this incredible light a reality!

ok, just attempted the programming. It was a piece of cake. Cool that the hidden modes can be memorized, or not cool if u don’t like that.

Great job on that UI ToyKeeper!

I have some pulls I bought from 18sixfifty a few months back. I’m looking forward to playing around tonight. Hopefully I’ll find some spare $$ and order something capable of higher drain from Richard at Mountain Electronics next month.

Glad to see some comments on those that have arrived! Any thoughts on my AW IMR 18650’s powering this? Other cells to get the most out of it? Not from a runtime standpoint, but power to the emitter… :slight_smile: Thanks!

Yes, the number of blinks is proportional to the battery level. Each blink represents about 25% of a full charge, so 4 blinks is full.

It should blink about twice per second, then pause a couple seconds, then repeat.

I bought some from Simon’s store Here

I’ll know after I put some DC-Fix on the lens. :slight_smile:

Like almost every reflector-based Cree light, it has a bit of a rainbow beam. The warmer parts of the beam go to the hotspot and the cooler parts form the spill. I usually diffuse the beam to blend the brightness and coloring, but I haven’t done that to these A6 units yet.

However, the overall color temperature seems about right and it’s not green. So, that’s a bonus. :slight_smile:

What do you guess the temperature of the 5a tint is? 4000k ish?
I got 1a and 3d because I thought 5a might be too warm for me.

Got my text dhl earlier today, my A6’s should be arriving tomorrow. Gots myself some bday gift :party:

Yeah, ToyKeeper hit it out of the park on this UI. I really like the bike flasher, and I do not even ride… This thing is so incredible for what it does… I like all the tints, really a bang up job on this from everyone.

It looks to me that the instructions on ToyKeeper’s site have the hidden modes in the old way prior to us voting on the change. The site lists the hidden modes as:

- Turbo (just like the regular turbo)

- Tactical strobe (10 Hz)

- Biking flasher (2-level stutter beacon, 1 Hz)

- Battery check / beacon mode

When I played with both of my lights it seems we have:

- Turbo (just like the regular turbo)

- Tactical strobe (10 Hz)

- Battery check / beacon mode

- Biking flasher (2-level stutter beacon, 1 Hz)

Am I correct?

Hi, just a quick update with lumen measurements from a totally stock production unit in 3D tint. I used a Samsung 25R cell charged to 4.18V, and measured the initial output (not at 30 seconds).

Lumens at each mode, group A:

• A1 : 0.55 lm (visually 0.82)
  • A2 : 11.79 lm (visually 2.28)
  • A3 : 71.03 lm (visually 4.14)
  • A4 : 197.6 lm (visually 5.82)
  • A5 : 450.0 lm (visually 7.66)
  • A6 : 874.1 lm (visually 9.56)
  • A7 : 1351 lm (visually 11.06)

Lumens at each mode, group B:

• B1 : 11.81 lm (visually 2.28)
  • B2 : 147.4 lm (visually 5.28)
  • B3 : 613.8 lm (visually 8.50)
  • B4 : 1351 lm (visually 11.06)

The “visual” units are a cube root of the lumen output, based on the “visually linear” scale used by selfbuilt. They represent how bright it looks to the eye, in arbitrary units.

Perceptual mode spacing: (visual increase per level)

• Group A: 1.46, 1.86, 1.68, 1.84, 1.90, 1.50
  • Group B: 3.00, 3.22, 2.56

The levels could be a little more evenly-spaced, but it’s not bad. I calibrated the sample to 1.70 perceptual units between each group A level, and IIRC about 2.90 units for each group B level. But it’s close enough that it looks pretty even in person. And I expect it will vary per-unit anyway, so the spacing should be pretty close overall. Also, the space between upper levels will increase with a spring bypass.

So. The light performs according to spec. This is good news!

I did suggest a few things earlier and I said don’t write it off just yet, check the battery tube. I don’t know if you were ignoring my attempts to help or what but the conviction was that it was the switch and nothing but the switch