Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I don’t know, but I think it was probably something like that. Most of the focus had been on making sure the driver was good, so maybe they thought the host details weren’t very important. But in reality, the host was assumed to be a solved problem so the focus was on the new parts like driver, firmware, and tints. I’m hoping that future efforts will include someone who speaks both languages well to better communicate the subtleties and ensure nothing is misunderstood.

Questions on my mind:
What time is it?
Are my cells charged?
Where are my lights?
Will they work?
When does it get dark out?
:slight_smile:

Received my three lights today. Everything checks out just fine. Thanks Bugsy, TK, Wight, and the testers, as well as BangGood! You folks did a bang up job. I really like this tube light a lot! For $25.00, it’s a no brainer. Can’t really think of any negatives, unless I was nitpicking the clip. But for $25.00, hey it’s good!

Hopefully you’ll have better luck than me or SigShooter, we can’t get the heads off!

The head not coming off isn’t the big issue for me. I figure if worse comes to worse 2 pipe wrenches will fix that problem J) I might end up with some scratches but the light is really just a tool.

The retaining rings are my biggest issue since I can’t bypass the springs or put in another switch if the current ones go bad.

way too much opinion in this thread (mine, I mean) and barely enough gratitude, which I repeat.

Last query just to clarify:

Do you mean the battery-tube-to-head?
Or the head-to-bezel?

I haven’t yet checked the retaining rings, but I think the same nano-oil-and-electronic-lube plus gravity plus time is the best bet.
Just a tiny bit — a drop, drawn around the whole crack, plus time for it to penetrate.

Ya don’t want it to go through the threads and on into the emitter/reflector/lens space. Trust me on this, it’s a nuisance to clean all that and might bother the emitter eventually.

5A tint received.
Everything works and feels as expected.

I was super excited when my order of 4 A6’s showed up a couple hours ago. I must admit I hadn’t checked this thread in several days so I hadn’t heard about any issues. I ordered two 3D, one 5A and one 1A. Unfortunately one of my 3D’s arrived DOA. I tried 3 different cells, button top and flat but when I push the button nothing happens. One has lubed threads and 3 are bone dry. The 5A if you look at the tube end you can see was drilled significantly off center. I’ve honestly only seen that on really cheap (under $5) Chinese lights until now. One side of the tube wall is too thick and the other side pretty thin. I must admit disappointment on Manker’s part. They did put this thing together for us with pretty amazing speed… maybe a little too much speed. Bugsy did an awesome job of handling this whole thing but it would seem that Manker wasn’t really concerned much with QC. For the DOA one I cleaned all the threads, made sure the switch retaining ring was tight and reassembled it. Still dead. Unfortunately I don’t have the skills to dig in and try to fix it myself. I’ll have to look into return/replacement options. I will say that the packaging is very nice and the lights look really cool. I really hope that Manker will work with us and make this right. They seemed to be very receptive in making this happen so hopefully they will also be receptive to correcting the problems.

Uncool, but thanks for the info, even if it is bad news, and we’d rather hear otherwise.

Mine came today, received 2. The 1A works as designed the 3D was DOA. Went through same process as J-Dub, no fix. Emailed Banggood and we’ll see. Great design and a fine light when working, many thanks for all the hard work that went into this buy. Wish the production QC had been a little better though.

Mine will probably turn up this week. I’ve been reading all comments closely as I was hoping the QC problems weren’t too common but it appears they are. The DOA findings are very disappointing. Hopefully Bangood help out and resolve. Manker have failed on this one, they should have ensured the production quality didn’t allow such faults to be released to customers . Sad really as it could have led to new group buy opportunities but I doubt anyone will risk engaging them again. They seemed to see the A6 as a chance to make some $’s by cutting corners. Very short term gain for long term loss.

Agreed on this, horrible way to make short term money. I am sorry to hear about all of the QC issues. I now feel lucky that my 10 were all good… I cannot believe the tube drilled off center in J-Dub74’s post… that is just wrong….

Received my 1A today and I love it. For starters, I love the special edition box it came in, even though it’s not a high dollar fancy piece it made the light truly seem special and I appreciated the nice little touch. Basic modes work perfectly for me, and this is an awesome EDC. I’d like to thank everyone involved for all the hard work that went into this. It’s easy to sit back and complain, and it’s unfortunate if some people had problems, but just remember the people behind this, on this forum, had the best of intentions and worked their asses off to make this happen. Cheers to them.

Ugh. Hello, Bangood? Get that CS department staffed and ready…

I had a second look on my light, it’s not even centered too - one side of the wall (with threads) is 1,1 mm thick, the opposite side is 1,45 mm - is this already significant?
Could this be the cause for the contact problem with the tailcap?

And please, no one (at least not me) complains to the members of this forum who were involved making this light possible, they did an awesome job, but it must be possible to speak open about the unfortunate QC issues on Mankers side.

I had not even thought to examine the tubes concentricity. But now that it has been mentioned, yes, you guys are right. Mine is also wayyyyy off center. However, it doesnt seem to effect functionality. But, nevertheless, sure is sloppy.

So I finally got around to playing with the 4 i received earlier this week. Quality and all is great. I like them all. Only issue is my 5A, no moon mode and modes low and 2 doesn’t change. Same issue as a few posts back. Imo all this legos talk is a non issue for me and detracts from the quality of the product. I remember it was talked about briefly but there was no clear indication that it would lego with the X6. The past couple pages is all about the lego thing and I believe not a lot of people cared for that anyways. That’s my 2 cent on that topic. Someone should make a poll if it really bothers them.

Mine is also off centered(I would guess all are off center) and I have zero contactproblems. If bridging the tail with a paperclip solves your problem than disassembling the tailcap, cleaning it and reassembling can solve your problems. Also wipe the bare metal end of the tube with a piece of fine sandpaper and clean that afterwards.

If there is still no contact because of 0.5mm(I read that here somewhere) just make a bit of solder on the retaining ring this tiny tolerance should be easy to bridge.
The retaining ring on mine was very hard screwed in so I have no worry about a loose ring but you know the devil is a chipmunks so maybe that is also the problem for someone
——
Just a word of warning, if braiding the tailspring be careful with heat :evil: , the switch melts easily…had to replace it with a small omten after cooking it.

Is there any hope that there will be a sparedriver available in future?
It would be really awesome to put the same driver in some other lights like the X6 for example…

Same issue with my 5A. I don’t want to pull the driver out and I really don’t need another dance with customer service.

My 3 arrived today. One was a little flakey. Turns out, it is in the tail switch
section. A jumper across would actiivate the light fine. The brass switch retainer
seems to not be making a positive contact with the end of the tube body.
a little spacer solved the issue.
I am very impressed with the output and the firmware.
Thanks guys for such a great GB

Paul