Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

If this goes to $20/ unit and puts out an honest 1,400 OTF … you can put me down for 10x additional NW’s. But if it’s a dime over $20, I’d only be interested in the original 1x NW.

FWIW, I usually adjust the number of modes based on the output range of a light. My keychain 1xAAA only has two modes, low (~3lm) and high (~60 lm). Up to 200 lm I generally do four modes (moon, low, med, high). For a light up to 500 lumens I generally do five modes (moon, low, med, high, and turbo). For anything up to 1500 lumens I do six modes. And if it goes up to 3000 or 4000 lm, I do seven modes.

At least, in general. Sometimes I’ll do something else, like a smooth ramp from moon all the way to turbo. Or I’ll omit some modes so there aren’t be so many. But it can definitely help sometimes to calibrate the number of modes based on the capabilities of the light.

This sounds eerily close to Zebralight’s UI … which makes me very happy. I’d hardly call it confusing. It fact, of all the lights I own, I know that I can pick up my Zebralight and have the exact light output I desire the quickest. I hate having to scroll through all the modes if I can help it.

1 click from off - High, double click again, alternate high
2 clicks from off - Medium, double click again, alternate medium
3 clicks from off - Strobe, double click again to switch between strobe modes
Click and hold from off - Low, double click again, alternate low

Stupid simple, and keep in mind there are 3 different “alternate” levels for each of the 3 main levels. Changes persist through battery changes which makes for a very predictable light. I also wrote the entire above UI from memory, which just goes to show how easy it is to memorize!

I'm convinced. Put me down for 2x NW

Thanks!

I don’t see the resemblance at all. The two UIs seem about as different as they come, with the single exception that both allow some degree of configuration.

They use totally different types of switch hardware with different types of interface actions, they have different UI mappings, different options, different approaches to mode groups and levels, different approaches to memory, etc. Mostly because the ZL uses an e-switch with “up” and “down” states (and the light has power at all times), while the EE A6 uses a power-cutting clicky switch with “on” and “off” states. This leads to totally different interfaces, since it’s like an overhead light having a multi-stage pull chain versus having only a rocker switch on the wall (or simply plugging it in and unplugging it, with no switch at all).

Yea … I’m just referring to the customization of the modes without having to ship it out for reflashing. You lost me in a sea of technical jargon towards the end there.

That is the idea. If we can hit the numbers we should be able to get to $20. For now I will put you at the 10X...you can change it later if you want me to.

FWIW I think it will hit the mark for cost and quantity....just not in one day. :)

This is also on the OP :)

I have been working like crazy so I did not have the opportunity to swap the driver and the emitter in my sample until tonight.

Wow! Even with a laptop pull this light blows everything away!!Throw a 25R in there and this thing shoots the moon

The beam profile, even though it is subjective to the individual, is fantastic. Not a flood but definitely a large spot with a nice spill. Sort of what I would like to see possible but not with a triple. It is not a thrower like the LS D80 Kronos is working on but I never expected it to be either. I can still light things up several houses away :)

The Xiaozhi styled tube/barrel feels real good in the hand and something else that is welcomed is the deep scallops that allow you to get to the switch (sometimes I have to wear heavier mechanics gloves at work vs surgical styled gloves)...and this thing still tail stands.

The driver, as it is and I requested be setup at the moment, has 7 nicely spaced levels that run from the lowest low (battery dependent) to all out (again battery dependent). You can refer to the OP for the link to Dale's numbers. I have yet had the opportunity to take my measurements but just by the output visible to the eye Dale's numbers are spot on.

Where we currently stand on progress is as follows:

• Waiting on samples for others (aside from Dale and myself) that got tied up in shipping :(
  • Have another person on the team that is experimenting with code and UI's and attempting to get the most reliable low (or moon) possible
  • When the UI is finalized by the team we will ask Banggood to manufacture samples there and send them (they have a holiday coming so things will get slow on communication)

Everything so far is going as planned and expected and very well may end being not only a great light in BLF tradition but also the most versatile light available. :) Many many thanks to the team working hard on this behind the scenes, and of course all BLF'ers for the support!

TL;DR …. they ship out tomorrow? Great.

Also, brighter than a Zeusray? I need a frame of reference. Beamshots?

Thanks for the update bugsy36,

What happened with the FET+1x7135 driver discussion? is that driver still possible for this light?

:beer:

In for:

2x NW
2x CW

Absalom - Beamshots will have to come from Dale if/when he has the time. I do not have what I need to properly show what the beam is.

Cajampa - No it is not dead but not promised. It is being worked on and looked at by the team. There are three people on the team that are putting forth a huge effort to make it a reality. Then we have to ensure that whomever EE uses to build the drivers can actually build the drivers. The shipping delay has slowed some of that a bit because I would rather all testing be done in the actual host.

So far the we are certain the "max lumens" people will be happy. We are working on trying make the "moon" people happy.

The interest list is getting longer and longer :)

Flashination - Nope not late at all :)

Bdiddle - Added :)

My standard beamshot, 97 yds to red 55gal drum. Canon G1X at ISO1600 f/5.6 wide, f/5.8 zoom, 1/2 sec exposure. Manual focus, 2 second timer. Manual settings.

LG HE-2 cell rested, not quite fully charged.

Thank you :)

Would you say it’s more or less bright than a Zeusray on an IMR? Great shots btw!

Thanks bugsy36 that sounds hopeful, i hope we get there in the end because i am both a max lumens & moon fan :slight_smile:

Nice beam shots Dale, i miss the leaves on your tree :wink: they where very useful to compare “outside” tints :slight_smile:

Tom E tested the Zeusray on an Efest 35A, the same as one of the cells DBCstm used in this earlier chart:

I’d say that the Zeusray is getting stomped on here. (As one might expect.)

Wight, you might know the answer to this. I have both a 7135*8 Convoy S2+ and C8, but my Zeusray seems about 40% brighter than both. They are supposedly putting out 996 led lumens, how could the Zeusray only be putting out 809 lumens? It seems astoundingly bright.

Furthermore, if what you’re saying is true, this is going to be one HELL of a light!

I fixed my post after you quoted it. :frowning:

It seems astoundingly bright in flood mode? (Probably not, right?) I assume that it’s just the tight spot in throw mode that seems bright. That’s intensity, not lumens. This has to do with throw and total output not being the same thing.

Neither mode is very efficient, aspheric lights usually get very little light out the front when compared to reflector lights.

It also matters what cells you are using… so what cells are you using?

Compare ceiling bounces and see which light illuminates the room best.