Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

DBCstm assembled the current ones. EE will need to assemble some and send them before the we start the actual GB.

The drivers were made by the review team and the samples were modified by the same. The purpose was to see what could be and to demonstrate the same before we made EE and Banggood jump through hoops (and to save time)

Now hat we have a very good idea of where stand with max output we are attempting to see what we can do to push this even further by working on the other end (moon) to see if we can make possible. I have a good feeling about all of it but do not make any statements that are not set in stone (too much drama otherwise). If the review team does make it possible this will be a light that covers the bases for both the lumen hungry and those that "delightfully howl at the moon" :)

I’m only comparing it to the Zeusray because it’s much brighter than my S2+ and C8. So I’d want it to be brighter than a $7.99 zoomie.

Yup, that’s me. I’m all about the moon.

Actually, I’m just photosensitive. Enough that I’m kind of blind in daytime in full sunlight. “Blonde retinas” the doctor called it. A quarter of a lumen per room is all I need indoors. If you’ve ever walked out into the light of a full moon and said “ow, bright”, you can probably relate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does the previous paragraph count as howling?

Well TK...did your nails start to grow at an astonishing rate?

Thanks for the explanation guys! :slight_smile:

… Good luck with that? :~

The C8, if it is achieving 2.8A w/ an XM-L2, should be beating the Zeusray in OTF (Out The Front) light by around 25%.

If the Zeusray is doing significantly better on a ceiling bounce, something is off. I couldn’t tell you what. If we assume your C8 is working correctly, that might indicate that you’re achieving well over 5A w/ the Zeusray (again… unlikely based on the small amount of looking I did). Even if the Zeusray is achieving 7A (it’s totally not) I’d expect the special A6 we’re talking about to put more light OTF w/ the Efest 35A.

I appreciate the props, bugs! But what you did took it one step further, with wight’s driver, Toykeepers coding and Dale’s mad scientist contributions. This is a nice progression of the GB concept that creates lights that we design and use. I would be very surprised if this light didn’t sell more than the X6-SE.

Next step in GB evolution…complete light design from ground up…comng soon…well…maybe before Christmas :slight_smile:

ToyKeeper, what do you with your computer and phone screens? If you just use them very low I would think they lose a lot of contrast.
Whats your max comfortable light level?

One NW please.

I usually turn the brightness down pretty far unless I’m doing graphics work. And I try to keep some backlighting behind the screen to help my pupils contract.

For a better idea, here’s how my home office looks. My desk is on the left, my partner’s on the right. It may look bright, but it was a long exposure. My lux meter says the light level in here is anywhere from 10 to 25 cd worth of lux near my chair, depending on where I point it.

For reference, wikipedia lists 320-500 lux as “office lighting” and 80 lux as “office building hallway/toilet lighting” and 50 lux as “family living room lights” and 3.4 lux as “dark limit of civil twilight under a clear sky”.

That’s a very nice and comfy looking home office.

The chair was very carefully positioned and rotated to obscure the massive pile of flashlights on the left side of the desk. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: This is because the pic was taken to show my coworkers what my office looked like… and they don’t understand “the flashlight thing”. Hiding behind that chair are about 50 lights, a faux bamboo box full of batteries, four chargers, a DMM, a spectrometer, some flashing tools, a box of extras labelled “HANDLE WITH CARE: PHOTONS IN TRANSIT”, and I’ve got a light box stored behind the main monitor.

I knew they had to be somewhere.

1 x NW, Please…

Great backlighting! Except, I wouldn’t be able to work with the noid staring down. :ghost: Zim should cut him down.
Her screens certainly look much brighter there.

Why would you do such a thing?
Is there a cat on your chair?

That third hand must come in handy while soldering and running on the treadmill… now that’s talent folks.

kinda like that treadmill that slows your internet speed if you stop, except for this, its the temp of the iron.

that is one tiny keyboard. Also, I think I see the end of a convoy in the purse, and maybe a battery case by the flashlights

In for one NW Thanks!

plumrt (1)CW (2)NW