Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Nice find, but by the time the currency conversion bends me over as well as international shipping, the clip becomes mighty expensive :frowning:

No promises but email Neal and see what they may be able to do. Maybe they can get you an Olight clip at a lower cost. Again no promises but should be worth asking :)

BG also sell the clip?
Or is there a Neal that works there too? Only know of Neal from BG…

short as in the 18650 tube being too short to function properly. not short as in 18350.

This is the first tube light i got, and its exceptional ~
I ordered 4 light (3 cool 1x 5A), all four is working and no O-ring is squeeze out. The difference in thickness is still there, but i think mine could be second batch, where some feedback already rectify the O-ring.

When I got these light, I’m on my working day, so I took out for testing at aircraft (aviation work). When I slot in 25R into 5A in the office, it felt very yellow (seems odd/unnatural)
But when I go for maintenace work, it is superb ! It doesn’t produce glaring, and show stuff/defect on the part i’m doing inspections. With 7 lvl of brightness, I can do all sort of work at different distance. Turbo 5A still able me to see far portion of the aircraft.

I have some problem with the UI initially, but after 10 minutes I’m in love with it. Coolwhite is nice, but in my opinion 3C/5A is alot better ~ kinda regret I didn’t buy it.
Still yet to have time to disassemble and test the light (electrical parameter) but it looks nice ~

Thanks for organizing and making this GB works, QC stuff still ongoing, but I’m sure next round of GB with Manker will be better !
(if not better, then they should get eliminated ?)

• I was wondering can I use aviation lubrication for it They didn’t lube it like EE X6
  • Their ano also inferior to EE X6, drops (engineering guys do that often) easily make it dent. X6 feels like indestructible compare to A6’s ano.

Today i received mine, it has great output & ui but the finish is horrible. Except painted scrstches, here is a spot with a big scratch and someone has used black marker to cover the paint loss???
I do not regret buying but I would prefer to pay a few bucks more for a higher quality service and final product.

Better not use that inferior junk on the quality high precision threading of our beloved BLF-A6 :stare:

(and thanks for the nice post :-) )

Mine also came scratched…and my reflector was also scratched (see below). I emailed Neal’s assistant 3 days ago and still have not heard back.

I’d just like to say a *BIG *thanks to all involved.

I received my A6 2 days ago. The 5A tint is spot on. And I record 4.74amps at the tail cap with a 25R.

Modes and UI seem fine, although I need to read up again how to switch groups.

Mine has some odd anodising on the pill section, slightly blue and the machining on the head is probably the worst of all my budget lights. And the LED centring ring is twisted. But honestly none of these things really detract from the light.

A good effort by all involved and still a kick ass result in the end.

Hope people having issues with theirs get them resolved soon.

:slight_smile:

I call them rushmarks, they are everywhere.One of my two had reflector scratches too, the other reflector was fine:

It does not affect performance though.

I have both S15 and S20, S15 clip “groove” is 19mm in diameter, S20 is… 20mm in diameter, not much of a difference :wink: I also double checked, S20 clip is siting in a box, but even if it wasn’t - as far as I can tell they are the same size. So unless they changed the design some time and we have different ones, it should fit. Very snugly, but it should.

Thanks for the reply/clarification.

Ooo, those look pretty bad. I’m glad mine doesn’t have a scratched reflector.

For those of you who doesn't like the protruding parts of the clip, I found a nice, quick and easy solution.

1. Take off the clip from the light.

2. Place one "wing" of the clip into small vise, vise-grip or simply use a pair of pliers. Give some pressure and the "wing" will snap off at the right place.

3. Repeat with the other "wing".

4. Use a fine file to smooth out sharp corners.

5. Bingo! You now have a nice clip with a 1/2 mm (or less) curve at the ends!

Enjoy.

I’ve had 2 of my 3 clips break so far.
One when I tried to rebend the 180 degree curve to make it fit over the seam on my pockets — snap!
The other when the light snagged on something — clip was over a thin cloth pocket in a backpack and TUG — SNAP!
Lots of heat ‘rainbows’ on the back side of the clip, I guess it was heated to bend it and not tempered afterwards. Steel is tricky.

Don’t rely on the clip.

I’d go for that too, gladly — I hope he’s keeping a list and can do something in bulk about that, along with better clips for next round of production — rather than individual replacements.

We have mentioned that the clip needs to be better but what exactly (or if they have changed anything) is where I am at a loss. For starters, clips in general are subjective. Without getting into "Convoy Style Clip" etc. etc....what does this clip need to improve? I ask because we can use this as the baseline.

• Different steel?
  • Larger opening at the top?
  • Shorter wings?

Input please. This way we can try to improve things for the future

Any chance we could trouble you for a beamshot?

Wings are too big (and shouldn’t exist) and halfway down the gap between the body of the light and the clip, part of the clip bends inwards stopping it from smoothly being able to be slid deep into the pocket.

Perfect pocket clip for me:

Remove the wings.
Larger opening at the top.
Remove the “ramp” or make it longer or steeper so it comes closer to the light body.

I bought 3 lights. Two of the clips are broken.

One: I tried to rebend the 180-degree part to make it big enough to fit over the seam at the edge of my pockets. It snapped right off at the 180 degree bend. The back side of the metal has rainbows over it, it looks like it was heated very hot to bend it and then not tempered properly so it stayed brittle.

Two: I had the light clipped onto an exterior pocket on a backpack (thin enough material the 180-degree bend fit over it).
It snagged on something and the clip snapped right off at the same place, the 180 degree bend. Didn’t even tear the cloth it was hooked over.

The clip should be bent over a form — like a 1/8” dowel — so the curve isn’t almost flat leaving room for it to fit over the seam on pants pockets
The metal should be different — stainless steel instead of, probably, spring steel. Stainless costs more and is harder to work, but requires much less knowledge and care than spring steel.

The issues working with spring steel are well known:
https://www.google.com/search?q=spring+steel+bend+brittle
http://www.metalsmith.org/pub/mtlsmith/V21.2/Springs.htm

(my emphasis added)

I wouldn’t expect them to learn metalworking of spring steel. I doubt they could get a supply of consistent known stock metal, which may be the problem here.

That’s why people have moved to stainless steel (again, getting the right kind matters — it’s not foolproof, it’s just a little harder to screw up)

Aside from fragility,

The gripping parts of one of the three clips I have weren’t symmetical and didn’t lie flat in the groove on the flashlight, they were a bit twisted.