Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I compared my 3d to my 4c, and its quite a bit warmer...is that correct?

My 4c is rather white compared to my "3d"

No, 3D should be a colder tint than 4C. 4C is warmer than 3D, unless the 3D is damaged or something.

Oh, TIR would be lovely. Did it need spacer or modding to fit in? Or just remove reflector+lens and drop the TIR in?

So finally got to braiding both springs, my soldering iron died so I just looped 2mm copper braid from top of spring to the bottom.

Damn it's brighter now, I'm still seeing spots as I'm typing this as unfortunately I tested the beam bezel down on a white paper.

Btw, banggood got back to me and offered to send me a driver, but I reply saying I prefer an entire head since I'm bad at soldering and I can't seem to get the head open for some reason.

Has anyone found a nice snap on clip for this light that doesn’t suck? I still can’t get over how bad the clip is that came with this light.

I'm using mine with an Olight S20 Clip, it's full of win. I'm pretty sure if you're in the US you can buy these clips separately, forgot the website though.

Well, I don’t use clips so the first thing that I did was take mine off.

Curiously, I also have an Olight S15 (sorry, the S15 clip will not fit the A6, folks), and while I genuinely Hate clips, the S15 clip remains. - Helps me to find the side switch, and is in no way intrusive like the A6 clip is.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Just drop in after removing reflector and the plastic led positioning gasket.

Just had another reply from Neal's assistant.

He has promised to send a replacement tube & driver to me to rectify the issues I had with my A6.

I can report the same regarding my standard tubes being too short - I will be shipped replacements but was told 1-2 weeks as they are not in stock.

and you can picture? short tube - what size?

The Olight clip looks a lot like the Nitecore EC21 clip. I also ordered some Convoy compatible clips from Banggood just in case.

Dont get me wrong, it fits just perfect in my EDC bag

A new EDC

It’s not a snap-on clip, but SolarForce has a clip that seems like it might fit. It’s one of the ones that you would have to remove the tailcap then slide it on, then put the tailcap back on. Let me try it…

EDIT:

Here’s some pics of the SF clip with my A6:

Thanks for your question. I actually really like the SF clip. It has a hole for attaching a lanyard thing, and that kind of actually can kind of be used as a kind of grip ring type thing. I had forgotten about that :)…

I hope that the tail cap made contact well enough for the light to still work. :wink:

Mine fits fine.

Perhaps you are talking about the S10 or S20?

The S15 is an AA size light, and will not fit an A6.

Thanks,
-Chuck

ACK!!!

Sorry, I didn’t test it before, but you’re right, it doesn’t turn on with the SF clip :(…

I didn’t realize that the A6 had anodized threads… I’m guessing that it’d probably would work if I added that wire ring inside the tailcap, but haven’t tried that (yet).

Thanks for catching that :)!

Jim

In order to use the SF clip you must add a metal ring the thickness of a paper clip (or use a paper clip as TK did)

For those that want an Olight clip...