Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

thank you tk with your link it works.

i had this one http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/blf-a6-final/view/head:/ToyKeeper/blf-a6/testedandbaked/BLF-A6-Mod.c

Yes I have, I have a my daily S6 with the standard XM-L2/QLITE combo and an S2 with a de-domed XP-G2 & Smooth Reflector. S2+ recently caught my eye but reflector is waayy too floody. S3 is butt ugly, S4 isn't sealed, S5 is just bland, S7 is too much chrome. I love small 18650 flashlights and I don't want 3 of the same host. I think I might have to start maken franken-voys by hoarding them all and swapping parts.

[quote=Rufusbduck]
Although some lights have had issues, many don’t so by and large the machining is of a much higher quality than say a 502B. The threads are smooth and not gritty. From what I’ve seen and read the issues are mostly due to inconsistent machining here and there rather than wholesale botch jobs.[/Quote]

I hope this flashlight sticks around because I still want it but after hearing of the issues, I'm gonna build my Convoy M1/MT-G2 flame thrower first, then come back to this guy.

i have a Convoy M2 MT-G2 flame thrower. it’s AWESOME! :slight_smile:

Robby

[quote=Insane Dawe]

Yes I have, I have a my daily S6 with the standard XM-L2/QLITE combo and an S2 with a de-domed XP-G2 & Smooth Reflector. S2+ recently caught my eye but reflector is waayy too floody. S3 is butt ugly, S4 isn’t sealed, S5 is just bland, S7 is too much chrome. I love small 18650 flashlights and I don’t want 3 of the same host. I think I might have to start maken franken-voys by hoarding them all and swapping parts.

Is this light still available to buy? On BG it says expected restock is October 28th…is this accurate as far as are they still making them?

I believe the reflector (and hence the beam pattern) is pretty much the same on the A6 and S2+.

They’ve been in and out of stock several times. Demand seems to have well-exceeded supply. Its still being made.

I ordered mine (3D) on the 10th, with expected restock the 20th, later updated to 28th. On the 22th though I got an email that it was shipped, so now I’m just waiting for the slow boat.

Shipping on mine was faster than the usual rowboat.

Which would be better? Spring bypass or copper braid? Pros and cons?

They are both forms of spring bypass, only differing in what material is used.

Copper braid used to be the most popular, but a thick flexible wire has recently become more common due to its increased longevity and ability to poke through the switch board after drilling a hole. Either one works very well.

I built one of those a while back. I found it disappointing and have never used it. It kind of turned me off of the idea of higher-voltage lights in general since the multiple-battery config is a pain. I’m planning to give it away if I can ever remember to do it.

i’ll take it :wink:

but yeah… it’s just fun thing to freak people out with on turbo. it’s actually still pretty practical on lower settings. pulls 6.55A at the tail. the member that built it for me said he could have tried for more (only braided the driver spring), but he was like… that’s more than you need anyway.

it’s stupid bright with fresh purple efests… but yeah, you are only talking about 700mah with 2 18350s. still i used it all day on our flashlight tour on the USS Hornet last weekend. i blasted it on turbo quite a few times, but used it on the 20% setting most of the time. about 4 hours worth of 20%, turbo… and not using it in lighted areas. batteries were at about 3.3v when i got home. they were at 4.24v when i got to the hornet.

so, still pretty good. i plan on using the BLF A6 (and eventual shorty 18350 tube) probably more often. but the M2 host is very EDC’able. total pocket rocket.

i thought about a convoy S2+ triple… but that also doesn’t seem practical given it’s a small tube light with no heat sinking. at least the M2 has some. but you do get 18650 capacity with an S2+ triple.

see ya,
Robby

What about quality control? Has it improved ?

I <3 my triples. :slight_smile:

The all-copper Sinner Cypreus works great for a high-output compact light. With a triple XP-L HI, it gets a bit over 3000 lumens with the best Cree tint I’ve ever seen.

The MT-G2 should have had a great tint, and I’ve heard they normally do, but maybe I got a weird one. It’s nominally 5000K but actually more like 5600K. Not sure why, unless it’s getting some extreme tint shift from being direct-driven.

The only other MT-G2 I have is earmarked for an interior lighting project, if I ever get around to working out the details of its wall power supply and heat sink. The plan is to use it like this, only brighter and even floodier… this pic is a proof of concept with only 30 lumens:

Oh, don’t mind Paddington up there on the screen. He thinks he owns the place; keeps mumbling something about being “lord of all he surveys”. Silly bear.

@ TK. Looks like you’ve got a water cooled gaming setup there! Or you just turned your mechanical room into an office……haha

Well it COULD blow up, you never know!

Thanks for the links, any news on receipt/how they fit?

ordered a 1a today

I ordered 5 like 2 weeks ago, still says out of stock until like 11/3 :frowning:

I got curious what all the rave reviews were about, so I ordered one last night. It says expected in stock next Wednesday.