Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Ridiculous principle then, it is a great light, as is the BLF A6. Same light different emblem, like Ford and Lincoln, Chevrolet and Buick, VW and Porsche, well you get my point…

Just my thought…

Seems nobody here has actually had their hands on the Astrolux, but as Hank mentioned, the initial offerings are usually better than later ones so if you’re really considering one it would be best to get it sooner than later. If it’s a true copy it will be an excellent light until their greed brings the inevitable quality lowering :open_mouth:

Phil

The A6 was never intended to be limited. Getting one with BLF engraving is great but makes no difference. A BLF A6 will hopefully introduce more people to our playground. At the same time there are some people that would rather not buy a BLF light because of their forum loyalties or whatever (and that's ok too) .

The original idea was to produce a high output light that non-modders and newbies could get their hands on. The Astrolux name was not a secret to me. Now......the cat's meow would be if Fenix, Nitecore, Jetbeam, etc, etc, would pick up on producing lights with unregulated hi modes and regulated lower modest with TK inspired firmware. We know they watch us and they know the A6 was a success.

I hope 10,000 Astrolux get sold because it means that BLF is the place with the ideas just like RemanG's short tubes for EE, Manker, and even the colored Convoy.

Well if you knew it was coming, I guess that makes it much better. I suppose there are positives.

Ok, your endorsement of the product counts for a lot with me.
Because I trust you’ll tell us if their quality starts to slide.

Per hanks comments regarding “poorly made in China”, this is what makes Simons efforts with convoy all the more impressive.

He has kept excellent quality and price despite I’m guessing his suppliers repeated efforts to cut corners.

I love my blf a6, but there’s no question my convoy lights are just on another level regarding quality.

I recently gave my wife’s cousin a blue convoy s2+ and he asked how it compares to surefire. I said I’ve never owned one but I can’t see a surefire being that much better made. And there’s no way their tube lights are as bright.

He digs it, though in retrospect, a metallic blue light probably wasn’t the best choice to mount on an AR. A little too “obvious” :wink:

Yup, I would say the same about the Convoy lights as well. When I first got here on BLF, all I saw was Convoy this, and Convoy that… I couldn’t tell in the pics about the quality difference. The only ones I have that compare to Convoy from the budget lights are ThorFire, but only in certain models like the C8. Some of Thorfire’s other lights are simply “rebranded” or not thought out/executed nearly as well. With Convoy, it is all of them done well, every time.

I hope that AstroLux continues to increase quality to some degree, but you know what they say… Hope in one hand, crap in the other, see which fills up first… Time will tell. As for now, the AstroLux S1 is on par with the second batch BLF A6, and beats the first batch BLF A6 hands down.

As for the surefire comparison…. I would say that for the money, you would get equal or better service out of Convoy as you could purchase 8-12 of them for the same money as the surefire. So if you bought six Convoy lights, an analyzing charger and 8 good 18650’s over the service time of the surefire, you would still come out ahead. A little potting of the stock drivers and replace the stock emitter with one on a soldered-to-the-pill Noctigon, you would only need three lights from Convoy then. One for the mount, one for the pocket and one for the vehicle… good to go… and still have more money left over…

Can someone kindly repost the link to fasttech for a drop in optic?, I seem to remember it was posted awhile back and I can't seem to find it. Thanks guys.

Here you go:

USD $0.84 20mm 15-Degree Optical Lens/Optic for Cree XM-L LED Emitters 20x12.8mm (drop in after remove reflector+plastic led positioning gasket) | FastTech

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1187501

Best Regards,

George

What does that optic do to the beam? Eliminate the hot spot / spill configuration, resulting in one big fat beam?

Love to see some before and after beam shots.

I have been testing out the 20mm drop in optic the last couple of days, and i have to say my favorite so far is the 30 degree one
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1606/10002020/1144800

It gives a much floodier beam but unfortunately adds some artifacts in it as well, but i still like it better in the A6 than the stock reflector, but then for an in house light i don’t want a small hotspot but a big flood beam instead.

So if you are going to order the 15 degree optic pick up the 30 degree one also to try out they are rather cheap :wink:

Look this old post (in spanish) http://www.forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?p=83866

Thanks for the link.

The effect is subtle in the photos, but I think larger in reality. The hot spot is broader, and the spill brighter.

I might have to try a couple of these (in various sizes).

I bought a few days ago the Astro to compare quality control with my BLF. I will take the best and give away the other.

Please post results because I’m interested to know as well. Thanks.

Hi everyone - new guy here :slight_smile:

I just ordered a pair of A6 and I must say, they are pretty damn nice for the $$

my 3D seems to work great but my 1A won’t turn off? As soon as I put a battery in and twist the ends on, it turns on and won’t turn off. I can cycle through the modes, just not turn it off.

I put the tail switch from the 3D on the 1A and it works fine so it’s prob a bad tail switch. Anyone know if this is an easy fix or do I need to either contact Banggood? get a replacement switch?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BLF! Juz tell banggood. Ask them for a replacement switch :slight_smile:

Thanks Warthbringer27

Cool - I just sent them an email earlier this morning. As I understand, from reading some of the posts here, I need to be a bit patient but eventually they’ll get back to me.

At least one is functional :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend!

Is this the correct size for an SMO reflector? 20mm*15mm

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001275/1208701-aluminum-smooth-reflector-for-cree-xp-g-emitters

Or maybe this one? 21mm*20mm

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007056/1575001-aluminum-alloy-smooth-reflector-for-s2-s5-s6-s7

Hey all, I’m new here son forgive me being a newbie. I just got my Blf A6 recently and it’s amazing. My other flashlight is a coast hp7 and it blows it away. But how/where can I get mods like this? Is the cree light replaceable as well? Thank you so much for the help!