Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

https://www.google.com/search?q=carclo+optic

Holy shit, the blf a6 is now $59 usd on banggood, coupon code no longer works :frowning:

Another way to get a wider beam is to go with a triple emitter set up, slightly more efficient to begin with and no lumen loss to the film. I’ve rarely seen TK get miffed so congartulations on winning the door prize, I hope you survive to collect it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unanodized version is $26.95 and Astrolux S1 (the twin) + 18350 tube is $29.95 on both 30% less if applied 2017FNL

The BLF A6 + 30Q still is $29.95, I ignore if there is a better coupon than 4BLF (9%)

In all there may be shipping fees, for my country have

Wow 6224 posts only about BLF A6 flashlight! It looks like a cool flashlight, only at $27. Thinking to buy this BLF A6 flashlight very soon. A6 is a small flashlight just like J5 tactical flashlight. I read a j5 tactical flashlight review and now reading this A6 flashlight review. I will compare between them and buy one of them

Available at Banggood now for @ $18 (non anodized version) with coupon 2017FNL :open_mouth: What are you waiting for?

Please put me on the list for 1xcw. Thanks!

There are no lists any more. Just go and purchase.

BLF has gotten bigger and more popular (and more commercial) since then. Plus, the A6 project went faster than the Q8 project so it didn’t have as much time to accumulate posts. It was the original BLF-custom-driver project which paved the way for bigger and better things though… and TBH, the BLF A6 is still a pretty nice general-purpose light, better than most on the market even two years after it was created. You could certainly do worse at this price, but it’d be awfully hard to do better.

Exactly :slight_smile:

Quick question about the BLF A6:-

I had no power in a lightning storm last week, and was tailstanding the A6 in the kitchen, it ran on turbo and stepped down to next mode after the timer ran out, as it should, but it did not step down further, and it got a bit too hot for my peace of mind.

Unmodified, running 30Q fully charged, no spring bypass.

1) Is it supposed to step down again (if so thermal or timer?)
2) Can it overheat on the next mode below Turbo when tailstanding at maybe 25degC?
3) What is the highest of the 7 outputs it should be able to maintain without any risk of overheating tailstanding in a warm climate?

All 3 versions are set to "restocking" hmm... Wonder how long that takes.

Assuming you run the 18650 platform, there is simply not better value in an EDC light. Period. End of story. And if an 18650 cell isn’t your goto cell, they you are simply on a road that will eventually get you to that point, so get off the fence and order one today.

1) AFAIK no.

2) Again, AFAIK it shouldn’t.

3) Definitely level 5, but I’d have no problems leaving it on level 6 for an extended time if I had to. The only real issue for me is the decrease in run time.

Does someone have a code for the anodised version?

We’re these lights ever available with a lighted tail cap?

I see a lighted switch available seperately, but I don’t know if the driver needs tweaking to use it or not.

No, they never had a lighted tail cap stock.

AFAIK the driver doesnt allow for it. But you can swap the driver for the Bistro driver (BLF X5 & X6) which I have done.

Best Regards,

George

I thought the stock driver would work if you added a bleeder resistor to it. (I don’t know the details on this) Now you say it won’t work at all? I’d need to swap drivers? That’s not good.

I never explored changing the existing driver's circuit, I just went ahead and replaced the driver with the Bistro driver in about 20 flashlights (including original BLF X6 lights). It was faster.

Best Regards,

George

I added the bleeder resistor (470R) above C1
The newer batches have pads for the bleeder resistor

from Astrolux S41S bought at the end of 2016