Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Thanks. Just saw this when I was searching for a code and still got it at that price.

Sorry for digging up an old thread.

I’ve got several of these flashlights - But only one from the “first batch”, with a high quality belt clip. The other clips are brittle and they don’t hold very well.
On banggood there is spare clips listed, but are they the good or bad ones?

Thanks in advance.

I could not resist. Just ordered another unit for 18 € now with natural white tint. I think that will look a bit better than cool white.

Put me down for 2NW and 2CW

This threads is 2 years old.

The light is currently on flash sale at Banggood. Just order it direct from them.

i got my blf a6. when the light heats too much i can’t do long press but after cooldown its working fine.
i opened the emitter and i do not see a “ALEXWELLS” on the board. and the copper lock on the tail has three hole instead of two, either the head.
it has a double spring on the tail. do i still need to spring bypass this? i’m using a sony vtc6 and i try to measure the lux with my ambient sensor on my phone with the double spring tailcap and i replaced the tail with a knife. result, i got the same lux.

It shouldn’t be necessary to bypass the double spring.

The long press timing changes with heat — shorter when hot, longer when cold. This is because the capacitor it uses is a relatively cheap one which doesn’t have good temperature consistency. Some of the other driver components may also be more heat-sensitive than intended. So, basically, try to do it faster when the light is hot. :frowning:

They are still available on banggood, with a nice discount:

black version

metallic version

I was going to order the A6 but it may take three to four months to get it that’s BS

I have already replied to this in another thread. There are other places to get a A6. China isn’t the only place.

I already reordered from banggood. China prices are a lot cheaper than USA prices. $15.90 each xpl 3d…I bought three of them so it’s free shipping. I guess I’ll just wait.
Us prices were $25 each

Yep, this is where it all depends on what you prefer. Cheaper or faster. The chinese sellers are my last choices. Not that I am usually in a hurry, it’s just that I don’t want to try and fight the barriers that exist if and when I need to contact them. I am perfectly happy paying a bit more for a US address to send stuff back to. If I am patient, not one of my stronger traits, I can usually find it close to the same price and get it in a few days instead of a month. Even so, it’s rare I have ever had to wait more than 6 weeks for anything from China, 26 days being my average at the moment.

Thanks for the input, I thought the numbers on left side of shipping or the actual shipping dates like 7 20, 7 22, but they are the number of days to ship oh, my bad.

I'm torn between this model and the Sofirn SP32A v2.

The battery from this kit is the original Samsung recomended for the BLF A6 XPL or it's a fake?

The sofirn is €19,14 (no battery) and €23 (with battery) on Aliex.

Since the sofirn is a newer model, which one would you recommend as smaller EDC light? Is the BLF still the best platform for 18650 cells?

The BLF A6 is a really nice light for the price. Bright, reliable, and sturdy. It still stands up, today, compared to the competition. I bought a couple with batteries a couple of years ago, and they were genuine 30Q cells. I have no idea if they still are, though.

Thanks mate! I might have to pull the trigger on this one. :)

Does anyone knows about the cells currently selling on Bang?

Size wise, the A6 is a mm or two taller, and they are essentially the same diameter. The A6 clip allows deep pocket carry, but the “wings” on the clip dig into my hand.
The Sofirn gives you a sideswitch which shows battery status and a simpler UI. Click for on, hold for stepless ramp, double click for Turbo, triple click for Blinkies. No real moonlight IMHO.
The A6 has click for on, short click for next mode, medium click for previous mode, and medium from Moonlight to get to Blinkies. More config options on A6.

You can’t go wrong with either, and both go on sale every now and then on AliExpress.

Yes, I forgot to mention, I have both the Sofirn and the BLF A6, but the BLF is the only one I still use. The Sofirn is still a nice light, though. For whatever reason, I like the BLF A6 better. Probably because I mainly use Zebralights when I want an electronic side-switch.

Banggood only sells genuine cells.

WOW! Much appreciated for taking the time to make a side by side comparison photo!

I own one Sofirn and I love the steppless mode. And the UI is quite easy and inttuitive to work with. The colored power indicator on the side switch is pretty nice as well.

When did you bought your BLF? I read somewhere the first pocket clips were sturdier than the latest batches.

As for the moonlight mode, I don't really use it :)

Either way, I might go with the BLF. I am very curious to see how this 1600 lumens performs, considering I am used to (slightly) bigger flaslights. Just need to get a decent quality cell.