Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

You’d need something a lot stronger than that in order to be able to actually see it. Like, you’d need the light from the Luxor in Vegas, the brightest spotlight on the planet, and even then you’d still need to give it a giant optic to keep it focused. The beam on that thing is visible from an entire state away, if you’re up at cruising altitude in an airplane. If aimed at a specific point on the Earth from the moon, you might just barely be able to see it.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/13/

great read!

In for a NW.

You had to go and spoil my fun! By the way, I’ve read that what-if before. It’s a great one.

over 20 pages, need to add another NW for me please :slight_smile:

Thanks bugsy36 now i understand, sound like a good plan.

This is going to be an a epic light, thats sets the bar on another level for all future GB to come :bigsmile:

That’s a ton of posts, put me down for 2 CW.

I would take one in NW

All modes are moon modes, only relevance being distance to subject.

Are you running for “Office” :slight_smile:

Very good way to look at it, but some will still say it is still to bright and can we buy extra drivers???

There are threads here giving excellent information on how-to build your own drivers, Mouser and Digi-Key are very happy to set up accounts with anyone interested.

Now, that might sound a bit smart-arsed, but I was not able to solder when I started, I am not electronically inclined, and I did not find it difficult to learn how to do this. I’m also not in the best of health and someone stole my memory.

If I can do it, virtually anyone out there able to type a response into this thread can as well. Bugsy is working on information with some other key players on the line of making the necessary components available in a group buy to get a beginner started…

Have fun! :slight_smile:

There's one thing that you are overlooking Dale: time. If I had all the time in the world I would build all my drivers myself, learn how to flash MCU's, overcome my computer-software fear and learn writing UI-code, and actually go ahead with all the other 25 flashlight related hobby-projects that I have floating in my mind. But I do not have time, I cherish every hour that I can spend on the hobby, I favor projects that can be done in just an hour over projects I find very interesting but take a week.

So I'm really happy with BLF-folks doing at least some of the work making things, so that I do not have to spend all the hours and still do very nice flashlight builds :-)

hear, hear! :party:

1 CW and 1 NW please.

1 CW please.

I’m already on the list for one NW (#55). Please add me for a CW as well.

Thank you

1 CW and 1 NW please.

Save me from myself….I’m already in for 1 NP on Number 217.
Please add one more CW and change my NP on 217 to NW.
Sorry for the change and Thanks again.

Not being personal, mind you, but playing the devil’s advocate. You’ve got time to eat, but not wash the dishes? Time to make babies, but no time to raise them?

Anyone that needs light, buys one at the store. Anyone that wants to take it further than that and make a hobby of it, dedicates the time necessary to their hobby. If the hobby gets too involved, taking time they don’t have, then it’s not the right hobby for them. Not just in flashlights but anything.

This is where the professional, in any profession, doesn’t like sharing what they’ve learned with the newcomer. I’ve heard it many times before…“Why should I give him freely what I paid dearly to get?”

That’s devil’s advocate at work, as it’s been applied to me in my cases and times. So I learned. I learned I had to go after what I wanted to do. The guy that spent a fortune in his time and monies wasn’t willing to help me learn his trade. Made sense, in some way, I guess. But in the end it mattered not at all. When I got into photography it was that way. But whether I was helped or not didn’t stop me from doing it and in the end what they feared happened anyway.

There is some point to this rambling madness. Each of us walks the path of life and takes from it what skill sets we need to succeed. At some point there is either balance, or a need for new skill sets.

I don’t mind helping someone, do so all the time within what I have to do with. Perhaps it really is easier to teach a man to fish…

It might also be prudent to point out here that I am still drugged from yesterdays medical procedures…

I’m in for a NW. Perhaps I’ll try to change it later depending on the samples, but for now I’ll play it safe with a NW please :slight_smile: