Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Yes. Everything fits if it uses the pin to toggle memory, but the UI-based version of the same option is slightly too big to fit.

Someone else could add the star if Wight doesn’t have the time at the moment. Hopefully it wouldn’t be stepping on his toes, in software at least others contributing a patch is no problem.

Nice, that means that with your firmware, wight’s 12mm & 15mm +7135 driver also if one shorts out the 3 pin have the memory/no memory option without reflashing the driver,
I hope this firmware+ the FET+7135 13mm driver will work great in a twisty with the 4 modes option :slight_smile:

What do you think TK does the short/med/long presses translate at all to a possible twisty or am i just dreaming :wink:

And the fitting issue, could a attiny25 solve it? i haven’t priced them yet, but maybe the aren’t so much more expensive than the attiny13a.

And that thing you said about just using a thick pencil line, possible with the driver still installed, thats why i like the idea of configurable stars on the battery/spring side :slight_smile:

It should work fine on a twisty, but you might want to change some values to make the timing a little slower. You might need to change the values anyway, since the off-time capacitor is a bit touchy and can vary a lot on different hardware. I made a couple tools to dump out raw voltage and OTC values though, to make this process easier.

The attiny25 is an interesting option, but it’s not a drop-in replacement. Attiny13 code won’t run on an attiny25, and vice-versa. Much of the code will actually need to be rewritten to match. I think the attiny25 is less forgiving about low voltage, too, and has a higher minimum standby drain. Otherwise though, the extra ROM space sounds really nice.

As for firmware in general, the only reason I haven’t made any attiny25 ports is because I don’t have the hardware. It might be slightly less fun too, because it’s less restrictive. Tiny firmware like this is kind of my version of sudoku… complex enough to be interesting but easy enough to be a fun diversion while procrastinating.

There is very limited room for stars on the bottom. Not to say that it cannot or will not be done but this driver and its firmware are being pushed to the max like never before :) ToyKeeper and Wight have busted the butts on this attempting what most would not even dare :)

But thats why this is a possible true stock hot rod, everything and the kitchen sink :wink: the BLF X6 had always the potential to get there but the driver held it back, this comes (if EE succeed in making it) equipped and just some simple spring bypasses takes it all the way :smiley:

@TK that sound great, i always (at least since i realized that it could possibly be done) wanted a super powerful twisty 10440 that start with moon but with the possibility to go to max directly after that if needed, anyway it if i manage to tune it, it sound like the short/med/long could translate well to twists.

Something like
1 twist moon, one quick twist max
1 twist moon, one medium low, one medium med…….
1 twist moon, one long twist medium

Please please do not mention the X6-SE here :) As far as I am concerned that light was a huge success (I really did purchase more than 20) and IS what paved the way for what we have to come :)

Oh boy...I see it now....someone in Sweden is going to want to take the itty bitty EE (don't know the model number) and rework it with Wight's driver and Tk's firmware..I see it coming. LOL

I definitely understand your point, but, I bet some people are considering swapping these drivers into that unmentionable light, and that is a reason it may be mentioned.

I am all for using this driver or the 17DD in X6-SE. It is easy to work on and very versatile. I just DO NOT want to hear or see any X6-SE bashing (and Dale please do not post the video of it get thrown out the window LOL). It is a damned good light (the X6-SE) and well worth the money.

No doubt. I must have missed it where someone said otherwise.

You say please double please don’t mention the X6-SE here, but allow me to at least say, that it was a huge success and still is and is most probably one of the biggest reason why this is even possible with this light :slight_smile:

And the tiny super powerful lights i want to build is the Jexree Mini but with the wight 13mm FET+7135 driver and a XP-L in it, and with TK’s new firmware it has the potential to be even nicer, with features like battery check, instant access in a second to the different modes, disconnected 7135 for the max for more top end output and more :slight_smile:

EDIT
bugsy36, it sounded like you said that EE have a small twisty?? do they? i am always are looking for nicer hosts, can you find out if there is a EE 10440 capable light?

You want me to throw my A6 out the window? But I just got it working perfect with it’s 3rd 4th driver swap! Awww man!

Depends on how you look at it. With memory disabled, the following are the actions I can do from “off” in under a second with a reverse clicky:

• Click: moon
  • Click-tap: low
  • Click-tap-tap: medium 1
  • Click-taaaaap: turbo

On a twisty, it might be a little harder. And with mode memory enabled, every mode is instant if you pre-select it before you need it. I personally prefer no memory, but many people like it.

No Dale! We don't have any extras yet. LOL

Cajampa - EE does make a small one similar to a tank but I think that is a 14500 or AA light. It may be 10400 but I do not know. I cannot even find it right now. I think it is an F05 but I am not sure because most of mine are 18650 and a couple 26650.

You are also correct that the X6-SE is the biggest reason this is even possible. :)

I just had a thought about those that want to get drivers for their X6. If you have one X6 - buy two A6 from this GB. If you have two X6 - buy three or four A6. The reason being is that the drivers will easily swap and one can have an FET A6, and FET X6, and a loaner A6 :) (I keep my good stuff for me)

@TK
You may be right, before this new option with your version on the firmware came up, the plan was for 4 modes with memory.

But i just know that some night with sleep adjusted eyes i am going to think i have it in moon and BLAMO :smiley: i get a 1000 lumens reflected in my eyes because i hold a tiny flashlight very different when you think you are going to get moon than if you are going for max.

I just going to have to test some different options and see what works out the best.

@bugsy36, buying extra could be good option i one want an extra driver and don’t want to build them (like i want to ;)) if this cost $20 and you would buy a driver from RMM that is 12.99$ for the BLF17DD + shipping, the cheapest shipping i got was $6.55 internationally so 12,99+6,55 = $19,54 buy a cheap qlite or nanjg for a few $ and you got an good extra A6 for gifting.
Or even direct drive it for massive light for shorter bursts.

Sure, its only money, right? Everyone has plenty of that. Buy ten.

Sure...why not? 10 lights is equal to two of the big name lights. LOL

Simply because the driver in this thang is absolutely, bloody AWESOME!!! put me down for another NW and CW :wink:

Totaling 2 NW’s and 2 CW’s :slight_smile: Thanks bugsy for getting the ball rolling on this one and thankyou to Dale, ToyKeeper, Wight and Krono for doing a smashing job on this A6-SE. I can feel it, this GB is the GB that will set the standard for all GB’s to come, designed purely by amazing BLF members from the ground up. Lovin’ it!

Whoa!!

Do not say smashing in front of Dale.

added to the list :)

Concrete pads? Steel block? 17” length of railroad track? Would it suffice to just run over it with a 2012 Ford Escape? :stuck_out_tongue: