Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

In for one NW. THANKS for the work on the GB.

edited NW, NOT CW. :slight_smile:

It really is a no-brainer. Fits just about everything and does not hold back.

Here's a good one.......A few days ago someone from management was leaving and I was walking in. Lighting going to our break room is super dim, if any while rides are running. I flipped on my A6 and got the WTH is that????

Point is..anybody that see this thing with this driver always has questions and finishes with "I need one of those"

I think wight really hit a home run with this one. The driver is ā€œall thatā€ and then some.

I completely agree TK. I really do hope we get the +1 7135 driver. I do think that EE can get them produced.

For logistics, here is what I anticipate.

1. EE needs to speak to their driver manufacturing and impress the importance of time.
  2. EE needs to source copper (should be easy, and since we are already at almost 400...500 should not be a question any longer).
  3. EE needs to assemble production samples to send to Banggood.

How long will this take? I honestly do not know. It is officially their weekend over there so I cannot get any answers but I do hope to get some at the beginning of next week. The waiting is making me crazy :) but in all fairness is has only been two months since the OP and they had their holiday.

Iā€™m in for one NW.

Put me in for another one please NW-(#297)

I would have to agree as well, but even though Iā€™ve used 6 of them, I still canā€™t figure out the pwm levels when switching from the 7135 to the FET. My mode spacing is terrible, and always whines on medium.

I guess I need more practice.

Calculate the desired levels with math (I have a script to help, in my repo under ToyKeeper/Ferrero_Rocher/level_calc.py ), estimate the PWM levels needed, then measure with a light box. Adjust levels and re-measure until it hits the target, and then youā€™re golden. :slight_smile:

Also, it helps to leave the 7135 on during the FET modes, because it reduces the effect of voltage sag on the FET, it reduces the tint shift, and it reduces the tendency for the lowest FET mode to get closer and closer to the highest 7135 mode as the battery drains.

Otherwise, make sure the middle modes are in fast PWM mode (~19 kHz) and it shouldnā€™t be audible.

I just want a magic formula to get it right the first time, without having to test and reflash :confused:

Hmm Iā€™m using STAR for everything, with fast pwm for everything but moon, and Medium is always audible for me.

Congrats on your 1000th post! :evil:

Please add me for 1x NW and 1x CW.

Thanks!

I just flash the original firmware and run with it, never hear any whine or have any issues with spacing. Iā€™ve put this in multiple lights of various outputs, even triples, and it just works. Even a micro MiniMag using a 14250 IMR with an XP-L. VERY neat to have such a little light working so beautifully! While it worked with the twisty action just fine, I accepted the challenge and put a clicky in the tail. The light is so small twisting the tube to activate it took both hands, now itā€™s an easy click to use.

At any rate, I simply use the firmware as TK had it on her page and love it. The combination of Wights board and TKā€™s firmware is a huge hit with me! :bigsmile:

Next upā€¦my little Texas Poker with Wights newly designed 10mm FET+1 driver. This is gonna be what this light was designed for almost 2 years ago, finally! (After about 8 revisions, I want this to be the last!)

Edit: Sorry for rambling, only mean to say that this driver is AWESOME!

Edit II: TK? Can the lowest mode in the subgroup with 4 levels be lowered to the same moon as the 7 level group? Iā€™d use the 4 level in some of the smaller lights but the 1st level isnā€™t as low, and Iā€™ve learned to really like that sub lumen output for some timesā€¦.

So you use the stock STARRY FW?

pilotdog68: Hi, sorry, Iā€™ve been trying to check if itā€™s okay to release the firmware for this yet. The BLF A6 uses a heavily modified derivative of starry-offtime.

DBCstm: Yes, itā€™s a simple matter to change the modes on the 4-level group. Youā€™ll need to recompile for that thoughā€¦ I got the distinct impression that the ā€œfewer modesā€ crowd doesnā€™t want moon, while the ā€œmore modesā€ crowd doesā€¦ so thatā€™s what I did. At least, for the BLF A6. On a smaller light, itā€™s a different matter.

If you turn low into moon, you may also want to adjust the two middle modes down to get more even mode spacing. The actual numbers will depend on the lightā€™s maximum output, so Iā€™m not sure what to use. At a guess, probably 0/3 for moon, 0/56 for low, 15/255 for med, 255/0 for max. (FET/7135 PWM levels for each mode) Assuming the output is about 500 lumens at max (0.3lm, 30lm, 168lm, 500lm).

Or if it maxes out at 900 lumensā€¦ perhaps 0/3, 0/90, 45/255, 255/0 (0.3lm, 50lm, 295lm, 900lm). It changes a lot because the 7135 has a fixed output level and the FET does not.

Then again, you could also just use the first three modes of the 7-level group plus turbo, which would give more options at the low end at the expense of having basically no ā€œmiddleā€ modes. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d probably do, since I never use the medium/high modes anyway.

Hmm Iā€™m thinking about trying stock Starry just to see if it whines on medium. Maybe im not using enough solder on my reflows or something.

I found out today that this firmware also works fine on Wights 22mm FET+1 driver. With 3 XP-L V5 1A emitters in a BTU Shocker and the carrier re-arranged to parallel, itā€™s giving me 4095 lumens from 3 LG HE-2 cells freshly charged.

A 4100 lumen strobe is pretty intense! :bigsmile:

Sorry if i canā€™t backread but i just want to ask if the FET + 1x 7135 driver you are talking about here is exactly the same as this WIP 17mm DD+single-7135 driver / single sided / Dual-PWM
or is it totally a different driver?

Yes, thatā€™s the one. That driver and ToyKeeperā€™s firmware.

If youā€™re coming in late to the game, you may wonder whatā€™s so special about ToyKeeperā€™s firmware. Well, itā€™s revolutionary for one thing. It allows a mechanical clicky to work in reverse with a long press. And it has a hidden loop, backed into from moon, to Turbo, Strobe, and Battery Check. If you donā€™t like 7 levels, you can press it 6-8 times (fast click til it quits responding) and youā€™ll be in a 4 mode group 2, with the hidden loop still accessible.

Brilliant!

Does it come with an instruction manual?

I have asked about the possibility of shipping with a sheet of paper to explain the interface and general use info, but I donā€™t have an answer yet.

In either case, the information will still be available online.