Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I’ve noticed this seems to be losing steam. GB still on?

I designed and prototyped complicated parts and wrote computer code to make the parts for over 30 years. if I told headquarters that it would take months to modify a small driver with just a few chips I would have been asked to take a very long walk off a very short pier. believe me people this is really simple science. the host is standard. almost every part is stock. copper stars are off the shelf. programing drivers is being done by bright children now a days. if you don’t believe me google it. why do people need to defend company’s that drag their feet to make the project seem complicated when it is not. ask VN to flash the driver I bet he knows how.

Yeh I agree with what you say, but it's China dealing with a BUDGET Outfit.....we don't wanna pay a premium for their imitation rocket science. So they could care less...let em wait mentality.

All the talk and stuff on the A6 has been interesting...but it's gettin harder to wait and wait.. Almost to the point ya kinda wish the thread would be locked til some major development breaks... :O

people are under the impression that chips cost millions when the really cost pennies Americans are used to USA prices. in china labor is almost free

go ahead and believe what you want., go ahead and google Chinese flashlight factories, this process should have been settled 2 months ago. but what do I know? I only read everything in this subject. you guys work it out with the Chinese, they are much smarter then you think that they are.

No it is you who really talking about something completely different than budget flashlight manufacturing, why do you think they charge so little for there product, is it because they have staff that can recreate the falcon F16 fighter jet in less then 90 days :stuck_out_tongue:

We are talking about an industry that have a hard time knowing the difference between brass & copper :smiley: so what can you expect, these guys are the opposite of the rocket scientists that would be able to clone a jet fighter.

I am sorry that you cant understand that china has a work force of 1.35 BILLION PEOPLE. THAT IS 1,350 MILLION. I imagine that MORE THEN ONE OF THEM HAS AN EDUCATION AND CAN BUILD A BETTER FLASHLIGHT., IF YOU DONT THINK SO YOU ARE DELUDING YOURSELF. this is just a case of make the americans wait so they will be thrilled when we finally deliver the product. CHINA HAS COMPUTERS PEOPLE. THEY KNOW HOW A LIGHT WORKS BETTER THEN YOU DO,
I CORRECTED MY ERROR. THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT. I did say in a prior post that maybe I am stupid. :wink:

Sorry to say they don’t, for MY needs I know how to build a flashlight better than any Chinese manufacturer. Thats why i mod my own lights.

In the future i hope the Chinese budget manufacturers catch up with what we do here at BLF, so we don’t even have to mod them & can just buy fully tricked out lights for cheap, and this light (the A6) is an important step for this to happen.

its 1350 million to be correct

Are we trying to get them manufacture and sell a flashligt with less profit than a stock light, and in the same time soo good it have potential to kill the selling of other lights? :bigsmile:

If so, is this a man in a hurry?

You have a refreshing amount of optimism about Chinese businessmen. :slight_smile:

@bladesmith3, make a GB on Vin flashlight.

yup and you already said it twice :smiley:

… and then ask him to bring the price down to 5$ above the host price with shipping included.

(Good luck with that one)

Everybody take it easy. Sample production lights will ship out to us next week.

I cannot get into all the details right now (worked all night last night) but I can say this is not as easy of a feat that I thought it would be. Aside from the language barriers and customs there are tons of logistics involved because this is not a production driver.

More when I wake and as I find out :)

Thank you all for your patience!

why does it seem that only one person can understand my comment. I clearly said I was not trying to anger anyone and that my comment was just my 2 cents. ( TAKE THAT TO MEAN IT IS JUST MY OPINION.)
the mention of VN and his abilities was just to point out that a design change is not magic. an entire factory and staff should be able to add a few chips and flash a driver a little quicker then many months. I am willing to bet that they could design a light from the ground up and put it in production in one month. my comment that if just a driver change takes six months from request to shipping, that there is a good chance that it will be obsolete. LOL
the entire point of my post was sarcastic BUT MEANT TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE AT THE FACT THAT THE CHINESE ARE DRAGGING THEIR FEET. the other point was…. if they really thought that our GB was going to be worthwhile in the terms of making them money, they would have finished the light a long time ago.
go ahead and jump on my throat. this is supposed to be a forum where we share our ideas. not a sparring ring. sorry I upset some people. that was never my intention.

Count me in for 1 NW. Thanks.

HAHAHAHA and trume_3454 casually steps in requesting a single NW

In addition to my CW at 228 add an NW.

Thanks

Melven

Chinese factory this job has a mediocre priority at best if you have ever seen Chinese factories and their capacities then you know 6 digit units not make them happy or move.

in general i can say about Chinese factories they are fast and respond very quick if they want to but in this case here i guess its more like a favour they do to the forum. plus i guess this goes via a dealer in between so this way of communication slows things down too.

be happy that you not produce this in thailand without knowing the right people you wouldnt even get a reply to your email at all.

Might I point out that Vinh doesn’t build his own drivers, nor does he sell 1000 lights a month.

Nor does he deal with month long Chinese vacations.

If you’re not trying to make anybody mad, perhaps you could quit shouting.

Did you do that work for 30 years in China? It’s a moot point if not.

If THEY wanted to have this done 2 months ago, they could have. Your motivation is not theirs. There are a lot of undercurrents at work here that you are probably not aware of, and it’s these that are causing this to drag on. Not like you put any money down when you said “I’m in.”

The patient grasshopper gets the windshield. Wait, no, the patient grasshopper gets the wind. Er, the boot? The crow? At any rate patience has it’s virtues and something is golden. All I know is that IF and When they get it right, it’ll be awesome. :slight_smile:

Bugsy Guaranteed. :wink: