Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I am in for two NW. Thanks!

In for one CW.

Interested in 1 NW

Interested in 1 NW and 1 CW

Including give away all their rights, as you demonstrated with your example about Kronos (kronological? maybe someone else, idk) Some copyright licenses specifically waive all the creator’s rights, and other licenses hold some things back. I just asked what license he uses, so I could read the text myself. Since you brought up the subject here, I don’t see why it should be a problem just to talk about what that license does say. I’m not asking for anybody to trample on the rights that Wight has as the creator. If anything, a careful reading of the text should reveal how Wight himself feels about his work. With that, we can be even more mindful to respect his rights. But, I doubt Wight needs any of us to protect his rights on his behalf. And he certainly doesn’t need us to enforce “rights” which he himself may not even be claiming!

As for asking questions like this in the driver thread, well, I think that would be less appropriate than asking the question here! He could answer the question here as easily as there (or someone else might), and the question isn’t even about any particular driver, so it would be out of place in any of his driver threads. Here, the subject has already been brought up, and we are talking specifically in this thread about someone using Wight’s copyrighted work for their own product. And, as I said, I’m not asking anything but the name of the license he uses, so I can look up the text and read it. There is no need to become defensive on Wight’s behalf with such a simple and harmless request.

i like x6, so I am in for 1NW…

DavidEF, you might want to take a step back and review your post RE: who’s getting defensive.

Your question is an important one that has not been publicly addressed. This may not be the venue for a discussion on the subject - it is, after all, a group buy thread for an assembled product…

That said being said, I’ll answer briefly: as you can clearly see, I have publicly provided absolutely no license or explicit permission for anyone to use any of my drivers other than RMM and bugsy36. My intention is to license these under an OSI approved license in the future and maintain my trademark on the branding which is present on my drivers. EDIT: So to clarify, an OSI approved license & maintaining a trademark on the branding would be similar to what the Arduino project does in terms of licensing.

Wight, thanks for answering. That’s all I wanted to know. As for who’s being defensive, it doesn’t matter much to me. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question, or so I thought. It does make me suspicious when I ask a question, and instead of an answer, I get an attitude. Now that I have my answer, I’m done. I’m still in for at least a couple of these if bugsy36 doesn’t mind. :wink:

Edit: Wight, I took your advice and re-read my post. I don’t see where I was being defensive. But, I recognise that I don’t always choose the most diplomatic way of saying things. For any harm or hard feelings I’ve caused, I sincerely apologise to bugsy36, to Wight, and to all who read my posts.

DavidEF :)

You're kidding right?

1. No attitude here at least not intended to sound that way. :)
  2. No hard feelings on this side - no reason to - nothing was condescending :)
  3. This is a GB - for me to mind how many you wanted or anybody wanted would be stupid on my part :)

My hope...and I know it is being optimistic...is that once some lights get here and what I believe the performance can be is shown...many will change their lists to 3, 4, 6...afterall - Christmas is coming again as well as a whole slew of birthdays. :)

I’m interested in one CW.
Thanks

bugsy, can you take me off the list please?

this looks like a great deal, but I’ve decided I would rather build up my own.

I would like to add 1 to the list, I’m on the list at #10, so all total 1 nw 1 cw
Thanks for your efforts in this gb :slight_smile:

Looks good to me. I’ll be in for 1 NW and 1 CW.

Thanks!

I’m in for 1 CW, thanks

One NW

I'm in for four

3NW and 1 warm if they have it .

I'd like to see the NW as something other than a 3C

Regardless of the semantics, my point still stands. When someone says “Neutral White” there is no guarantee that it will match up with any standard set by me, you, or Cree. Some people consider 6000k neutral, some people consider 3000k neutral. All I wanted was clarification. But it doesn’t matter anyways, like I said earlier, I’m out.

While the post you were replying to has been edited, I think the point may have been that everyone should just fall in line with the standards used by the elephant in the room (Cree) rather than making up their own. As usual I prefer that we deal in specifics. A specific tint bin leaves no room for interpretation.

I wonder if it’d be possible to go with XP-L emitters? I ask because of the new high Vf on the XM class.

Earlier today I put an LD-1 in one of the host X6’s (arrived today) along with a brand new fresh out of the tape XP-L V6 3D emitter. Even with a rested and used lap pull Samsung 26C it makes 3.85A from the LD-1 for 1283 lumens, the Pan BD makes 4.28A for 1497 lumens and an Efest 35A will do 4.95A for 1642 out the front.

With Wights driver, which I am using now almost exclusively, good cells will produce 1700 lumens and then some. Techie or not, if you’re here THAT should inspire! If the XP-L V6 makes 1640 from 5A, the A17DD-S08 will do more. When you see it, you’ll appreciate 7 modes.

With a triple or a quad, this driver does 14-15A. The output from these small lights can be insane, making you giggle and play with the light like a teenager plays on a first date. :wink: It’s addictive.

The Eagle Eye A6 is essentially the same as the Convoy S2/S2+/S3, right? If so, can it handle the heat? I've built an S3 which has an XP-L (Noctigon) and Qlite Rev.A 3.04A and it gets hot really quickly at the highest setting at 5 minutes. At 4-5A, I probably won't be game to try it on this host. But if the driver was in the X6, well, that can handle the heat much better than this host.