Collecting interest for a Sofirn C01 host version

Too lazy at the moment to search this thread but what about the idea of rngwn supplying sofirn with his LEDs for another run? Then we all just buy a host with a bonus, awesome LED?

Sofirn knows the manufacturer and will use this LEDs.

Please do.

Still hoping for the light w/o LED.

$10 to USA… not bad imo

and the LEDs are cheap

$22 for 30 LEDs is just 73 cents per LED…

I am on the list for 2 - please increase my total to 6
Thanks

Weird, when I go to order some it lists $23 for shipping

my mistake
you are correct

Any chance for a version with modes bright and low below 0.5lm?

I was told the new C01 lights with the 5mm "Sophia" 3.400K HighCRI and the 5mm 670nm deep red LED will use the original C01 UI, i.e. single mode ON/OFF only.

BTW: For the next 7 days there's a national holiday in China. Please don't expect any updates in that time.

Please tell them that a clicky version with modes bright would be very nice.

I did and I am confident they will present some cool new AAA lights using a tailclicky in the future. But I do not think they will do this with C01 and those 5mm LEDs.

If you are interested in a great AAA tailclicky light, you may want to check for Wurkkos WK01 and WK02, see my thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/63263

Both lights are - at least to my mind - great in performance and quality. They still have some of the limited 4.000K 95CRI version left on stock.

I like them a lot but the rubber boot sticking out the end kills it for me. I’ve looked at them over an over and always stopped short because of that

Yes don’t like the protuding cap.It will break fast on keychain use.
Frankly I wish for rosy SST20 2700~3000k or lh351d and sublumen mode.
Hole on tailcap for keychain use would be nice
Hope Sofirn will do that on their next version

The completely exposed tailswitch should be nicer to operate than those with collars. I’m not yet ready to buy a Wurkkos, but this feature stands out, and not only literally.

But now back to C01 hosts. The topic is too important :smiley:

I hope there will be an host with modes bright for standard rngwn’s led
Because all my 5mm leds are still in single mode
Please consider this :slight_smile:

Is a C01 Host looking like a possibility?

I’d really like to swap an amber emitter into a C01, probably using the C01R driver as I gather red and amber emitters usually work best with the same driver.

I’m not sure where I’d find an amber emitter on a suitably sized board.

That should just be done with the C01R unless you have some good 5mm amber LED’s. It already has the right driver and proper head geometry for high power LED’s and that kind of driver. The C01 head is enough different it won’t make a good host for what you’re describing.

[quote=Lux-Perpetua]

I was told the new C01 lights with the 5mm “Sophia” 3.400K HighCRI and the 5mm 670nm deep red LED will use the original C01 UI, i.e. single mode ON/OFF only.

Why would they do that?

Most probably for reasons of less costs. Actually, I don’t know why. I would also fancy at least a dual mode UI with a true firefly (0.1lm) and a high mode. Eventually, I hope the jury is still out on this matter.

+1
firefly mode is essential expecially on small lights

Lots of reasons. Think of…

• existing C01 schematics are designed that way.
  • sales of the original C01 indicate people want a simple, robust light.
  • Fenix E01 production ceased in the meantime, so one of very few competitors is gone.
  • Sofirn has the C01S/R models with multi-mode UI.
  • demand for complex UI 5mm LED flashlights is not predictable, and there’s the competing Nitecore Tube.
  • C01 and C01S are not compatible. The LED is through-hole and soldered onto the driver board and driver delivers only 20mA. Head design is completely different, there’s no shelf.
  • there are small twisties with fancy UIs in abundance