COMETA Solutions//Warnings, safety, problem"fixes", pre/post mod measurements, & more. UPDATED

Old-Lumens, this is just for clarification. Are you referring to the exploding light in Post 3 in this thread?

If so, it was not a COMETA.

It was simply used as an example to the unaware user the potential hazards associated with Lithium Ion batteries.

I obviously did not make that clear in the post. My apologies, I will go back and *correct that.

As far as the rest of your post I think you make some excellent points that are spot on.

:+1:

*Corrected now

I completely agree, the very least needed. Have you received any response from either one of them?

I know many have questions & some have asked them. Has anyone had any of their questions answered yet?

If so please post the answers here. I am pretty sure many would appreciate knowing your answers.

If anyone has measurements of any kind, Pre Mod, Post Mod, or both.
Please post them and I will quote them HERE for an “easy to locate” resource for others.

Thank you…… :+1:

If everyone here with an opinion issues demands, this may confuse the situation.

I believe the organizers — in Italy — need time to consider how to make this right.
And the organizers ought to be the ones to be making demands, no?

Everybody wants to be in charge. Not everyone can be.

Perhaps the seller and manufacturer will come up with an answer that’s more than the very least needed.
Since they need to be able to sell to Europe where the rules about product liability give them more motivation to get it fixed.

For example they could replace the pill-emitter-driver as a unit, with everything done to the original Jax spec

(assuming it would thread into the body OK)
(assuming for now that a better copy of the Jax light isn’t the problem
(assuming cut corners were a cost saving, not a rule in China about cloning the Jax light exactly)

Well said hank…….

Hank , I have to disagree. I think any disatisfied customer has the right to complain in any way that he wishes.
And I doubt the Chinese care about any complaints on BLF.
The Italians , ttbomk, are not getting their lights until after they have been re-engineered.
Also, some say that BLF, as a group, are just a tiny blip on the radar to a Chinese seller. I think that any single customer should be important to any seller.

Another point of view, but very well stated.

5 days and no response from Banggood over refund request. Not impressed.
2 days until I contact Paypal….

PM me how you go, I think I’ll be following the same path as you.

I was super excited for this light, now I don’t want any part of it.

I did just get a response, with BG only offering to resend the insulator disk. :person_facepalming:

Yes they are sending me 2 of them as well.

Maybe threaten to go through Paypal directly as the product was not as promised and is still unsafe even with the insulator disk?

I threatened the Paypal dispute in an email today after the last hopeless response. Lets see what happens.

My experience with BG has been different. I requested a refund from them about a week ago. After explaining that the light was dangerous with several design issues and that, as a user, I was not going to fix them, BG approved the refund today. It took a total of 3 emails between me and them, clearly explaining the problems and never wavering from the fact that I would not settle for anything less than a refund. I did not have to threaten them with a PayPal dispute. BG was always pleasant and responded to my emails within 24 hours.

This is not the first time that I have dealt with BG customer service and I have always been treated fairly and have had my issues handled appropriately. Maybe I’m just lucky, but BG is one of my favorite retailers.

Mike

Interesting, as I took a similar approach. It may be down to customer service person involved?
Oh well, lets see what the next response is, as the ball is still in their court!

I have no doubt this is true.

“In any way that he wishes” can lead to hot messes, we still need to be responsible for what we write, even when cataloging a legitimate complaint. Well composed descriptions of problems are much more likely to be addressed. The squeaky wheel gets oil, the screaming wheel gets tossed. :wink:

I had an issue with Bg, that wasn’t being addressed in what I considered a reasonable amount of time, from their normal CS. Even though it was a mail issue, and not related to them, I emailed them through Paypal resolution center, and they responded the same day. They gave me some information, and told me to file a claim. I did, and they refunded me, promptly. I believe, like was said, the CS person has a lot to do with how issues are handled.

BG have now offered me a full refund. :slight_smile:

you few who are getting full refunds, do you also get to keep your light?

If they give a full refund to me I’ll be expecting them to send me a postage paid mail bag