COMETA Solutions//Warnings, safety, problem"fixes", pre/post mod measurements, & more. UPDATED

Hi,
I wonder why specs as on GB OP are not met: 1300 lumens and 198kcd ( that is achieved with prototype light by Cyberescudo in GB OP and 5.6A). Tom E measured 1044 lumens and 140kcd with more or less 5.5A (so A are as specified)?
Why light underperformed by as much as 30%?
Fake LED or some other problems as well?

Thanks

That might be the 24AWG wires instead of the 20 AWG
I just received word Banggood will send me a new assembled pill and some pieces of 20AWG wires.

What about the spring bypass?Is it a must,or we can ignore it?

There are only 2 reviews on this light and both are positive. Banggood is censoring the bad reviews

Indeed.
My 2-star review on the built quality of the Cometa which I submitted a few days ago vanished into thin air.

Yes they sure are and these things are dangerous, I also wrote a review on the day I received my two lights wanting to warn people who aren’t members here,
When I got my lights I blew the PCB in a King Kong 650 nearly immediately so started looking closer at both lights and the problems were very clear to me,
But like you all are saying it never got posted, but I was then first contacted by some guy Zoe who told me he’s a professional man and he can help me fix the problem then of course offered the stupid insulator, but after going round after round with this guy I was then contacted by Neal and he asked me what could be done to fix all the problems, well my answer was to recall all of the lights and start over with our BLF build team, or just refund my money and I never heard back.
So I tried BG C.S. and never heard back, then I went to PayPal and opened a dispute and yesterday got a message from B.G. saying the usual, send pictures and videos to C.S. and their professional man will fix my problems.
Well so now I guess I escalate my P.P. claim,
I do know one thing as a fact, this has been a lesson learned for me and for sure, like if anything, pay attention, I had just signed on and waited for the code, very stupid of me.
Also know that CPF Italian’s don’t seem to know what it takes to work successfully with Neal, or Manker, and if your not aware of what is involved in a build with them like never letting your guard down they will run over the top of you in a heartbeat.
I guess if there’s anything good about any of this it would be that BLF had nothing to do with this build, so I think, just used some parts that the great people here had built at one time, just a shame that the pictures I found in that CPF guys photobucket is of one of the first lights made which when I looked at the pictures properties and details, well the picture was taken by the guy that organized this disaster back in January but apparently never sent it to Bugsy or so it seems for his inspection, had that happened all these issues could have been fixed resolved or something, or just pull the plug maybe, what a mess.

I also wrote a review on the day I received my light, wanting to warn people who aren’t members here.
I described what I’d done to make the light safe and made reference to the info here at BLF.
My review hasn’t appeared.

I’ve gotten multiple offers from the professional guys to send me an insulator. I consider that background noise.

Has anyone yet read enough Italian to learn who made which decisions?
— whether Jax was asked to build the Z1 hosts for this deal? If so why they didn’t?
— did someone decide to go to the cheaper builder for a copy without asking Jax?

Knew I should’ve studied Italian instead of French and Latin ….

Hank, had you studied Chinese it would have been quite valuable as well. :money_mouth_face:

“Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.”

Had some free time so I took some measurements at different stages of modification.

Same cell each test, fresh off the charger for each test. 30 seconds before taking the measurements. “S” on the tailcap current is a stable measurement the other value is peak. Throw measured at 7ft. Lux in tube is the measured value in my lumen tube.

CPF Italia’s thread on the light looks just like the threads on BLF. They are sick about it, too.

Thank you unknown00101, great info. :+1:
I also copied your results into post 5.

Did anyone ask Jaxman whether they had ever been contacted to make the Cometa, as was posted in the OP, and later deleted.
Jaxman is on BLF.

Yep, it would seem many are… this person [NeilTennen] especially. The “translations” from Italian to English are a hoot to read, as I am sure the translations from English to Italian are also for them. :wink:
But it is not hard to figure out the meaning… whether pro, con, or indifferent.

Working on that, Google Translate is a slow go though. :weary: … No joy yet.
Hopefully someone who reads Italian will come up with an answer to your questions first…… :+1:

edit: oh well, the CPF Italia thread got locked also….
“Questo argomento è bloccato, non puoi modificare o inviare ulteriori messaggi.”

I´m wondering what is going to happen after all the Cometa-threads are locked ? Nothing ?!

Search for the title on the forum here. Read the book. Read the Amazon reviews, and wait.

This may finally have become a large enough problem, for this particular business and product.
I doubt we’re going to see a revolution in the overall approach to commerce.
I have wondered if Manker is owned by the same people who own BG — just whose problem this really is.
We don’t know. Likely we won’t know, because it’s all smoke and mirrors from this distance.

This problem should be big enough that the sellers look into the judgment calls someone made that turned out so badly.

Either the people responsible will figure it out, or they’ll burn BG’s and Manker’s reputation thoroughly at this site for a very long time.
Not that people won’t keep buying from them. But they’ll become obscure, and some other company will show up and get more attention.

Possibly a beancounter will make that judment call, whether it’s worth fixing. Time will tell.

I still think some writer for the New Yorker or Atlantic could turn out a wonderful piece on the experiences of the group buys.

I contacted CS and they apologized and it seems sent out 2 more of the bloody lights!

All I want now is my money back and a return postage bag so I can send these potential bombs back where they came from.

Oh, of course Eisenhower had several armies with which to enlarge problems until they could be attacked ….

Approximately a month after the first lights were received & it looks like absolutely nothing is going to happen.
Not a single word from BG”s representative Neal on this forum after he initially posted that if anyone had any problems to get in touch & he would sort them out.
Inconsistent forum members experiences with BG CS.
Requests to BG for parts to fix/make safe the light ignored.
Negative reviews on BG being deleted.
Threads complaining about the Cometa also locked on the CPF Italia site.

Interesting, BG now has four glowing 5 Star reviews listed for the Cometa.
Yet the link to the Cometa threads on both CPF Italia and BLF are also still listed.
Seems about right…… :person_facepalming:

HERE