confusing (to me): new driver@intl-outdoor: Nanjg 105c with wonderful modes

Seriously can’t believe they’re going to that kind of trouble…not many places would! Nice touch…guess it’s time to order some new Q-Lite drivers.

I am in trouble, have got 2 pieces of the original 105c, not qlite :frowning:
another 2-3 weeks of waiting…

seriously guys, with all this hassle I would have thought it would have been better in the long run just to buy your drivers from DrJones with whatever set up you want. They’re more expensive for sure, but not so much in the grand scheme of things and you wouldn’t have the “what am I going to get after waiting 3-4wks” lottery.

Kudos to Hank for sorting out the problems though.

+1 to that.

Like you said, it have been sorted out for those who order from now. If I have issues with the ones I have one the way (ordered before they started checking the batch that got messed up), ill just contact Hank. Hank seem to offer the best customer support there is based on my experience with intl-outdoor vs all other stores.

Qlite vs regular Nanjg105C is a no brainier to choose between IMO.
Im glad to say I don’t have any flashlights with the typical nanjg105c drivers anymore. :party:

4$ for a driver as good as the Qlite, cant beat that…

Got another bunch of Qlites today. All proper Qlites, and that was before they were checked… :party:

If you got the wrong ones and have the equipment to flash custom firmware or know someone who does, you can get the NLITE firmware onto them; similar features, more mode groups.

(BTW, you can also do so with normal NANJG105C or NANJG101.)

One thing I would like as an option with the qlite is memory function.

Some of my lights I want to always start on low regardless of last mode used. Typically bed lights or EDC’s.

It would be awesome if a rev B came out with optional memory…….Like the KD drivers have.

Like this? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/18531

I have a few of these drivers.
How do i set the modes with the 4 stars on the board? Do you bridge the stars together with solder?

Cheers
Matt

You bridge one of the stars to the outer ring. Which direction is star 1 to 4 I keep forgetting, usually I do it wrong and then I have try again :-( Some find it difficult to get the solder blob to bridge the gap, they solder a tiny piece of wire across the gap.

You connect the stars to the ground ring (or star 1 which is ground).

On the Qlite driver Hi-Med-Lo is the default. If that’s what you want, no bridging is nessesary.

Thanks for the reply’s.

I’ve just put one of these drivers into a p60 and the default modes are low, med, high, strobe, SOS.
I’m just looking for low,med, high, so I think I need to bridge the 3rd star to ground then?

Cheers
Matt

Actually, it depends where you got it. Third star is good for IOS drivers, but some of the FT drivers have mode groupings that can be accessed by click sequences.

HMmm, there was some disturbance a while ago (see elsewhere in this thread) about qlite shippings that appeared to be normal nanjg 105C's. That could explain your default mode sequence. If so, you should pm Hank from intl-outdoor for a replaccement.

I got them here http://intl-outdoor.com/amc71358-5mode-circuit-board-nanjg-105c-304a-p-667.html

I just soldered the 3rd star to ground and i now have just low, med and high with last mode memory :slight_smile:
I had an XP-G drop-in that had a faulty driver, so i removed 4 chips off the 105c to drop the current down. Its now around .09A on low, .48A on medium and 1.54A on high.

Cheers
Matt

I got them from intl-outdoors about a year ago now i think. Not to worry anyway about the modes, I have it sorted by soldering the 3rd star.

Cheers
Matt

Are those the drivers used in intl-outdoor’s P60 drop-ins? I have one, ordered in two modes, and low is quite high… More like a med-hi UI rather than a low-hi one.

If those are the drivers, I have two questions:

1. amps to the led (nichia 219B) on 100%?
  2. is there a way to disable mode memory and have it always start on lowest mode?

The product page says Qlite, so yes. The Low is specified on the page as 15% on the 2 mode group. Gotta read before you click :)

1) 2.2A (it is specified as 2.28A on the website) 2)Nope

Yeah I read before clicking :stuck_out_tongue: but it doesn’t look at all like 15% but more like 40% to me. :’(

2.2A to the 219B) in a P60 seems like a lot of hard drive… I hope it doesn’t get damaged by the sub-optimal heat sinking.