Consolidating members who do custom requests

Just like what the title says, I was wondering if there are any members who do custom lights like upgrading performance? I’m only aware than only RMM of mtnelectronics.com offers this service but only to a certain host which is the S3 and the M6. Other than that, some of the other models he offers driver upgrade or braided springs. So does anybody else offer a services like RMM but accepts a fully customised order for a light and for a quoted price? BTW, I’m not looking for someone who does that, am just wondering, and also for future reference for me and everyone else who lets say lack the skills or the knowledge to mod some stuff. :beer:

Members who do requests:

1: USA Kloepper Knife Works(whole lights)
2: CANADA bushwhacked (drop-ins) bushedfactory currently on hold(apparently for 2 years)
3: UK James3 Sales Thread
4: USA vestureofblood(not sure)
5: Tom E (whole lights?)
6: Cereal_killer(whole lights?) currently MIA
7: SWEDEN Mike C (firmware /drivers)
8: USA Rufusbduck (whole lights)
9: USA Old Lumens (simple component changes>whole lights)
P.s. He is willing to do under his interest and best consideration.
10: USA jhalb (everything except metalwork)
11: USA pilotdog68(A little of OL and Mike C)
12: CANADA DBSAR (whole lights)
13: USA DB Custom (whole lotta nice custom pieces)

P.S. If they don’t reply it means either they’re busy or they have stuff going on. Don’t pressure it :slight_smile:

Here are some examples of the mods done at the BLF Modding Links Thread

Edit: OL has sadly passed… R.I.P. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16
KKW & jhalb has not been seen for a year plus…

Yeah, there’s a number of members here that do that, I’m one of them. I’m sure some of the others will chime in as well.

Aha, nice! I wanna consolidate members who do that so maybe whoever decides to ask you for a custom then they get a quoted price for the cheapest shipping! That way others don’t have to pay a lot for shipping. Do you mind if I place members’ user ID’s on a list in the OP?

I can’t speak for the others but I don’t have a problem with mine being on the list.

I actually just finished a custom build last night, and am starting another one right now.

Thanks for the input! Just trying to contribute my part to this forum since I myself don’t have any builts since I lack the skills but I will start experimenting with a host sometime in a few months! :party:

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

I do custom requests, not a huge amount as I mainly supply the LEDs etc, but I have done a few lights/ P60’s for people (de domes, emitter swaps, drivers,springs etc.) more info is on my sales thread

James

vestureofblood

Nice! Thanks for responding!

Thanks freeme!

18sixfifty did custom work, but he does not post much lately.

And DBcstm has custom in his name...

Hmm 18sixfifty… I do know he sells laptop pulls hahahha yeah I noticed he doesn’t post much lately but you can always give his PM a try!

DBcstm I never realise the custom in his user ID hahha so far I’ve only seen his personal custom builts!!

There were Tom E, and Cereal_killer doing custom things, but Cereal Killer disappeared once again, and TomE was very busy at some point.

The “custom” in his name actually refers to his custom photography. But, he does build some amazing custom lights. I just don’t know that he actually does them upon request or for sale. You may have to ask him in order to be sure.

Alright thanks! I’ll just place their ID’s in the list :slight_smile:

Yeap I’m not really sure of that too. Since he’s online and didn’t reply I guess he don’t do it for sales. :confused:

I will upon occasion do a custom mod. So far only some Solitaires, Minimags, and the odd drop in. I don’t push it hard simply because I invest so much time in them.

Ah so you do requests depending on mood?

I don’t think I’ve turned anyone down yet. I just don’t go looking for custom.

Maybe you want to categorize them according to their services?

Example:

1. Complete lights
  2. Mod parts
  3. Drivers
  4. Firmware
  5. etc.

Good idea, I’ve always wanted to be pigeonholed.